Battery Stats Thread - XL edition!

Search This thread

ECEXCURSION

Aug 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.lego.com
hey guys.. if phone radio in the battery moniter app has a high percentage say 37% usage is that normal (charged, unplugged, went to sleep.. then 8 hours later)

I'd set that app to hibernate. It means the app is keeping the phone from sleeping. Use an app like greenify to make the app hibernate.

Disregard the above. I misread your post.

Sent from my HTC One X

Last edited:

jjblaster3

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 4, 2009
oh alright thank you for that, first week of using this phone so getting the hang of it :D

Lemagex

Feb 18, 2013
Melbourne
Google Pixel 4a
My battery life journey so far, lots of wakelock removal and such. On ViperXL I was only losing 1 percent every 7 hours with phone asleep, amazing right? Nope. 5 mins screen on and it dropped 10 percent, this was with elementalx undervolted and under clocked, but on stock sense ROMs it was around 19 hours with 5 hours screentime. So I decided to go back to AOSP and now on cm10.1 with the kernel and ROM in my SIG under clocked I get 8 hours screen on or I can easily standby through 2-3 days on one charge very happy. WiFi and 3G constantly on.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

ECEXCURSION

Aug 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.lego.com
My battery life journey so far, lots of wakelock removal and such. On ViperXL I was only losing 1 percent every 7 hours with phone asleep, amazing right? Nope. 5 mins screen on and it dropped 10 percent, this was with elementalx undervolted and under clocked, but on stock sense ROMs it was around 19 hours with 5 hours screentime. So I decided to go back to AOSP and now on cm10.1 with the kernel and ROM in my SIG under clocked I get 8 hours screen on or I can easily standby through 2-3 days on one charge very happy. WiFi and 3G constantly on.

8 hours onscreen? I dun believe it.

Sent from my HTC One X

xxBrun0xx

Jan 1, 2012
CT
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2

I really don't believe you can get 8 hours screen on time on any rom, let alone cm based. Hasn't the battery life been consistently worse than sense?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

ChronoReverse

Jun 14, 2010
Pretty much screenshots or it didn't happen. There are a number of hardware reasons why the screen-on time is what it is and no ROM should be able to increase screen on time to 8 hours.

Herc08

Jan 30, 2013
Yesterday, i was just browsing in settings, and I was able to do 11hrs49mins with 2hrs54mins of screen time. Still had 39% left. I wish i took a screenshot, but didn't. I listen to music using poweramp most of the day. While doing that, I generally broswe the web, and play apps. I use the internal performance settings to stay at 1512mhz, and i my governor is on interactive (but i am still learning how that works). i usually have 4G off, and leave my wifi on since I am home. but when i am at work, i turn off both 4g and wifi. i get a pretty decent charge during the day.

also, i run root clearner and lagfix weekly to clean up useless mess..and use greenify to put apps to sleep

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rogers HTC One X.
    This is my stats after 2nd full charge on the brand new device.

Sorry forgot to take the screen of graph before I started the third charge, but it still shows the usage during 2nd charge..

Edit:
    The longer chunks of screen on time were YouTube video playbacks.
    This is a follow up battery stats from my previous post here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25186605&postcount=5

During the last battery cycle my One X spent about 1/3 time on texting, emails, and other things... and the 2/3 was all youtube video playbacks on wifi ONLY.

Screenshots included with this post show the battery stats of my 3rd battery cycle.

The phone was on LTE the entire time (1-3 bars), auto-brightness on, and just to put things into perspective I collected the following stats as well:
    1. data uage: 337 MB (LTE)
    2. calls: 6 s (lol just for the reference)
    3. SMS sent/received: 125

Edit:
    Forgot to mention the things I did during that cycle: SMS, emails, a few youtube videos, web browsing, two rounds of draw something, a couple photos, no camcording, and some other miscellaneous apps.

Edit 2:
    Just realized that the usage stats might be more since they only show the usages during April 23. I started the cycle in April 22 evening.
    D
    Deleted member 3452239
    And you guys praise sense

Sent from my Nexus 4
    I don't know how you guys manage to pull off only about 3 hours of screen time over the course of a day. My phone is my life, In an average day I generally have 5+ hours of screen time.
    Because we have jobs? I mean... You might too but this phone sits in my pocket when I'm working most of the day.

But 5 hours screen time is great.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    There is another question of performance. If the international has 2 hrs less screen time but able to perform tasks twice faster as a result of having 2 extra cores then its not as straight forward as it first seems. Antutu already showed that the one x is up over 60% faster than the xl. This could translate into faster loading of applications, webpages and applications that takes significantly less time to process. In the end you may not need as much screen time on the one x compared to the xl.

So I'll be able to watch a movie twice as fast on the international version? ;)

Read these two articles and tell me how you feel afterward...

Teg3

http://semiaccurate.com/2011/11/09/tegra-3-missed-performance-goals-by-wide-margins/

S4/Krait

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5559/...ormance-preview-msm8960-adreno-225-benchmarks