d2tmo/att/vzw-JB[024/025]kernel 4 Stock Based ROMs CPU/GPU OC+FauxSound![Aug-15]

Search This thread

hiazn

Jan 20, 2008
honolulu

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1343149831992.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1343149831992.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,037

jaytxvo

Oct 12, 2010
Jeez, and I don't know what is going on... Flashed to 007 and after a few mins of use I'm at 95f.

I guess I'm going back to 002. What are your guys average temp with 007?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

jdpdata

Dec 22, 2011
Los Angeles
Running 007 now, nice and cool even under heavy load, I rarely go over 95F.
Was on Trinity Alpha 34 before, my phone was always warm.

mike216

Nov 12, 2010
cleveland
95f is nothing. This would be considered cool.
The CPU could reach 125 and be fine. If you could see what temps your cpu was really at :what:
Is all good guys
Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

fmllc

May 24, 2012
Jeez, and I don't know what is going on... Flashed to 007 and after a few mins of use I'm at 95f.

I guess I'm going back to 002. What are your guys average temp with 007?

You're the ONLY one complaining about battery life and temeperature issues! Either your phone is a piece of crap or you did something wrong. Full wipe then reflash....if that doesn't help...use another kernel....still no go....get a new phone!

Galaxy S III I747

Markdental

Jan 19, 2010
Florida
Having amazing idle life with 007 and also running Battery Defender as well. I am on Interactive Governor. 384-1512. I am not big on overclocking as I feel like this phone is wicked fast. <1% per hour drain.

Following setting make a difference as well:

Under "Developer Options" - Force GPU rendering (may act up in certain programs, if it does, stop using it), Windows Animation Scale .5X and Transition Animation Scale .5X

dk2000zx

Dec 6, 2009
www.techremixed.com
using system tuner to put my phone to 1.3ghz max and interactive gov...

lets see how battery goes

edit: changed it to powersave gov.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda premium

Last edited:

ghost77

May 23, 2010
Just tried v007. Clocks don't stick, tried system tuner set max clock 1500+ and once you run something stressful boom max clocks jump to 1800+

Could we get one version of kernel without any overclock?

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

jaytxvo

Oct 12, 2010
You're the ONLY one complaining about battery life and temeperature issues! Either your phone is a piece of crap or you did something wrong. Full wipe then reflash....if that doesn't help...use another kernel....still no go....get a new phone!

Galaxy S III I747

You don't have to be such a **** about it.

I'm giving feedback of what I am experiencing using this kernel. I'm not complaining about anything, this thread isn't just here to post positive feedback only. I'm testing each kernel update and reporting here, so that if other users are experiencing the same issue, we can discuss.

002 no heat issues, average 76f when screen is off and 88f when using heavily. Also, it has amazing battery life, Currently at 1 day 5 hours with 18% battery life.

004 heat issues where it average 91f with screen off and 102f with use. Last about 10 - 12 hours.

007 saw it 92f after a few mins of flashing and went back to 002.

These are my results, not complaining, just giving people my feedback.

Reactions: hiazn and dk2000zx

dk2000zx

Dec 6, 2009
www.techremixed.com
You don't have to be such a **** about it.

I'm giving feedback of what I am experiencing using this kernel. I'm not complaining about anything, this thread isn't just here to post positive feedback only. I'm testing each kernel update and reporting here, so that if other users are experiencing the same issue, we can discuss.

002 no heat issues, average 76f when screen is off and 88f when using heavily. Also, it has amazing battery life, Currently at 1 day 5 hours with 18% battery life.

004 heat issues where it average 91f with screen off and 102f with use. Last about 10 - 12 hours.

007 saw it 92f after a few mins of flashing and went back to 002.

These are my results, not complaining, just giving people my feedback.

where can i get 002?

jaytxvo

Oct 12, 2010
im on 007 right now but i seee you or someome else (probably you) dont quite remember so weelll loll saying 002 is great om battery life

haha yeah, oh you might have to do a full discharge and charge it for 5-6 hours. I am not sure why, but I read it in another thread and it worked out great for me.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

oh wait i see its for the I999..? works on the I747?

I am not sure, I assume that since you been in the Tmobile development section it should work since you flashed 007.

Nanbackup and flash if you want to be safe.

dk2000zx

Dec 6, 2009
www.techremixed.com
haha yeah, oh you might have to do a full discharge and charge it for 5-6 hours. I am not sure why, but I read it in another thread and it worked out great for me.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

I am not sure, I assume that since you been in the Tmobile development section it should work since you flashed 007.

Nanbackup and flash if you want to be safe.

oh damn my bad idk thread was in at&t no? i never went to tmobile's section lol i think i followed a link and i got here.. got my 007 here anyways oh welll lol thanks will try it.. battery almost dead now.. perfect timing lol

ILLHYHL

Oct 16, 2011
Philadelphia
noob question here..

i'm trying to flash 002 on my tmo sgs3,,,

and i was wondering what do i have to wipe before flashing it?

is it just cache? or dalvik as well? and anything else?

help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Installation Instructions:

Here's a step by step instruction to install this kernel:

**************** ATT ****************
    Change Log : http://faux.romhost.me/d2att/jb41/changelog.txt

The File ==> d2att TouchWiz kernel Mainline (OC'ed up to 1.62 GHz, should be 100% stable) <==

The File ==> d2att TouchWiz kernel Ultimate (OC'ed up to 1.84 GHz, should be stable with most phones) <==

**************** TMO ****************
    Change Log : http://faux.romhost.me/d2tmo/jb41/changelog.txt

The File ==> d2tmo TouchWiz kernel Mainline (OC'ed up to 1.62 GHz, should be 100% stable) <==

The File ==> d2tmo TouchWiz kernel Ultimate (OC'ed up to 1.84 GHz, should be stable with most phones) <==

**************** VZW ****************
    Change Log : http://faux.romhost.me/d2vzw/jb41/changelog.txt

The File ==> d2vzw TouchWiz kernel Mainline (OC'ed up to 1.62 GHz, should be 100% stable) <==

The File ==> d2vzw TouchWiz kernel Ultimate (OC'ed up to 1.84 GHz, should be stable with most phones) <==

1. download the above file (via phone directly or to a PC)
    2. copy the downloaded zip file to /sdcard/download/
    3. Open ROM Manager and select "Reboot into Recovery" and select "OK"
    4. Once in recovery, select "wipe cache partition", select "Yes", then select "advanced", then select "Wipe Dalvik Cache", then select "Yes" again. Once finished, click the back button to go back to the main recovery menu. On that menu, select "Install Zip From SDCad", then select "Choose zip from SDCard", then go to /sdcard/download and select the downloaded zip file and let it run its script.
    5. Once the script is done, select "reboot system now"

Note: After FLASHING, the first reboot may take longer than usual, please be patient... After the first reboot, it may lag during initial load (let everything finish loading). Once everything is loaded and phone is ready for use, reboot the phone a 2nd time and the lag will be gone and everything should be silky smooth...

[ Advanced Users: ]

[ Optional: ]

[ For Kernel Devlopers ONLY: ]

Please don't hesitate to talk among yourselves and help each other out... The RootzWiki community is what inspired me to hack kernels for everyone since everyone here is nice and helpful to each other... Keep helping each other.... Famous proverb: It's better to give than to receive...

Standard Disclaimer: Not responsible for bricking your phone, voiding your warranty, or any other pain or suffering you may feel as result of using this kernel!!!

My github Complying with GPL and RootzWiki rulez
    biggrin.png

Follow me on :

If you find this Kernel useful, feel free to hit the [Thanks] button below
    FauxClock App recommended Settings"

CPU Control
    • Max clock - GHz 1.8 GHz for performance, 1.5 GHz for battery
    • Min clock - MHz 384 MHz for both
    • CPU Governor - Ondemand for performance, Intellidemand for battery
    • mpdecision - Off
    • Snake Charmer - OFF for performance, On for Battery
    • Eco Mode - Off for performance, On for battery
    • Set On Boot - On

SOC Control
    • Set On Boot - On
    • C0 - On
    • C1 - On

Voltage Control
    • Set On Boot -
    • Global CPU Voltage - Your preference

intellidemand gov control
    • Up Threshold - 75 for both
    • Boost Frequency - 0 for both
    • Two Phase Freq - 1350000 for both
    • Sampling Rate - 50000 for both
    • Optimal Freq - 1512000 for both
    • Synchro Freq - 702000 for both
    • Set On Boot - On

GPU Control
    • GPU Governor - ondemand for both
    • GPU Clock - 480Mhz for performance and 400Mhz for battery
    • GPU Vsync Toggle - On for both
    • Set On Boot - On for both

I/O Scheduler Control
    • I/O Scheduler (eMMC) - Deadline for both
    • Readhead Size (eMMC) - 512 for both

Misc Control
    • Dynamic File Sync - On for both
    • TCP Congestion Control - Westwood for both

Vibration Control
    • Vibration Control - Your own Preference

Above is what I use personally. MAY NOT be optimal for all :fingers-crossed:
    Return of the Mack ;) OP is updated.. TouchWiz kernel redux is OUT!
    Kernel 015 is official! OP updated.

Change Log:

Incorporated some minor fixes from VZW GS3's source dump from Samsung!