simple root for I9506

Search This thread
just like the famous song "all I want for x-mas is root". Not a rooted ROM. No new recovery.
I don't care about the bloatware: TB gets rids of the things I don't like

does anyone have a short guide (sticky?) on how to do this for the 9506?

[OT] for an older tablet I used the very infamous and NOT recommended vroot program - under special circumstances using a closed network and Titanium Backup to freeze and thereafter to replace the superuser app with Chainfire's SuperSU - rooting and cleanup succeeded for a device that was considered not rootable after ASUS released an Android 4.3 update. But I'm hoping for an easier method for this particular S4. [/OT]

Last edited:

bumax

Dec 27, 2010
just like the famous song "all I want for x-mas is root". Not a rooted ROM. No new recovery.
I don't care about the bloatware: TB gets rids of the things I don't like

does anyone have a short guide (sticky?) on how to do this for the 9506?

[OT] for an older tablet I used the very infamous and NOT recommended vroot program - under special circumstances using a closed network and Titanium Backup to freeze and thereafter to replace the superuser app with Chainfire's SuperSU - rooting and cleanup succeeded for a device that was considered not rootable after ASUS released an Android 4.3 update. But I'm hoping for an easier method for this particular S4. [/OT]

My post was moved to general http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2566509
Works nice with 4.2.2 but no support for 4.3 yet.