Random and soft reboots

Search This thread

LWH.31752

Apr 11, 2012
Hi all. Tried searching for this for a long time now with no luck. Can you imagine how many posts there are with those words in them? Ugh!!

First of all, random reboots. My s4 will reboot as stated...randomly. No rhyme or reason to it. It can just be laying there idle and out of nowhere...REBOOT. I'm on 4.3 mk2 if that helps.

Now the soft reboot. Or hot boot as I've also seen it called. Specifically related to xposed and associated modules. Or in my case, ALL modules. If I do a soft reboot everything runs perfectly. No problem at all. But a full reboot? Nothing xposed related runs. Not framework or modules. Of course the framework has to run for the modules to work. Is this normal? Does xposed only run after a soft reboot? From my searches on the net I'm inclined to say no. But I don't know for sure.

So there you go. Thanks for any help you can give me.

LWH.31752

Apr 11, 2012
Soft reboot is no longer an issue. But the randoms are. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

G

GuestX0019

Soft reboot is no longer an issue. But the randoms are. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Xposed is always running. Are you just rooted or on a custom SafeStrap rom. Has it done this before Xposed, or when did it start? Before/After rooting.

I would:

1. Uninstall/Delete Xposed and all Modules and see what happens. Do reboot clearing all caches if your recovery supports that.

2. Reinstall Xposed fresh thru the apk, and add one Module at a time. Wait and see for a day or two on that one Module.

3. On mk2 you can't change kernels anyway. AFAIK, since new things keep coming out with SafeStrap etc. And I don't keep up.

4. Could always be Hardware--:(

5. Could Odin back to stock and start over. BackUp Cards first. Or even try reformatting cards.

Just throwing out options--:good:

Hope you get it sorted--:)

LWH.31752

Apr 11, 2012
Thanks for the info rugmankc!! A good bunch of suggestions for me to try. To answer your questions, My phone is rooted stock with safestrap. No custom rom. I rooted my phone within days of having it so no way for me to remember if it randomly rebooted before root. Same with xposed. Can't remember when I put it on there to know if it did it before. But my issues with xposed modules and soft booting have been solved. It's just the random reboots giving me a headache. But I'll give your ideas a go and see what happens.

G

GuestX0019

Thanks for the info rugmankc!! A good bunch of suggestions for me to try. To answer your questions, My phone is rooted stock with safestrap. No custom rom. I rooted my phone within days of having it so no way for me to remember if it randomly rebooted before root. Same with xposed. Can't remember when I put it on there to know if it did it before. But my issues with xposed modules and soft booting have been solved. It's just the random reboots giving me a headache. But I'll give your ideas a go and see what happens.

Good Luck--:)