Dynamic Kat 4.0 restore to stock

Search This thread

deathse

Nov 28, 2013
can someone point me in the direction to the stock kit kat firmware so I can get off the rom and go back to stock thanks

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
There is no stock kit kat firmware available. You should restore your backup you made before installing a custom rom. If you stupidly forgot to make a backup of your 700 dollar phone you can go to bestbuy and have them flash it for you. If you want a slightly modified stock rom checkout urdroid in the general section.

Reactions: deathse

deathse

Nov 28, 2013
There is no stock kit kat firmware available. You should restore your backup you made before installing a custom rom. If you stupidly forgot to make a backup of your 700 dollar phone you can go to bestbuy and have them flash it for you. If you want a slightly modified stock rom checkout urdroid in the general section.

ya I did forget thought I did but its not there so now im looking for a stock restore

jondoe27

Mar 16, 2014
This is kinda unfair to OP. I killed my phone and end up in BestBuy because SS failed to restore the original back up. It worked a couple times after I've tried custom ROMS but failed eventually and the phone get stuck in a "Note 3" screen. So everything could happen. :rolleyes:

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
I'm sorry if anyone took that as a personal insult as that's not what I intended. It's meant to be more of a wakeup call. As more and more people jump into android and write tutorials, more and more minor details get overlooked. Like "make a backup before wiping or overwriting". We've been spoiled in the past by being able to flash a stock firmware when we botch things up. But lately things have changed and we have to prepare for the worst. Xda is a development site and not a support site so it's up to us to do the research. It's up to us to make sure there's a way out. It's up to us to know the minor details that fill in the blanks of someone's rom installation procedure. No one is responsible but us!

jondoe27

Mar 16, 2014
I'm sorry if anyone took that as a personal insult as that's not what I intended. It's meant to be more of a wakeup call. As more and more people jump into android and write tutorials, more and more minor details get overlooked. Like "make a backup before wiping or overwriting". We've been spoiled in the past by being able to flash a stock firmware when we botch things up. But lately things have changed and we have to prepare for the worst. Xda is a development site and not a support site so it's up to us to do the research. It's up to us to make sure there's a way out. It's up to us to know the minor details that fill in the blanks of someone's rom installation procedure. No one is responsible but us!
I agree . This is all new and different what we are used to.

Reactions: 440bro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I agree . This is all new and different what we are used to.