Search This thread

Sembe80x

Mar 9, 2010
Re: [Kernel][AOSP] BasicKernel 01/31

Does this work with Root box?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Wickedares

Feb 8, 2012
Just a Fyi anyone who was using ADW Launcher (in my case adw launcher ex) this makes that launcher not have graphic glitches and makes your transitions smooth again. before this it would make the icons glitchy looking and the text they would have blobs of black under them and transitions wernt smooth either.

so thank you for the kernal i enjoy having this launcher back i had to stop using it once the aosp 4.2 roms came out lol

JustusIV

Jan 11, 2008
new update has been releases :)

Is the download link wrong? The vzw looks like it is pointing to a5 of sprint and the sprint is a4.

Also my FUSE question still stands
*looks like the fuse.ko isn't there* any chance of adding it?

Last edited:

kejar31

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 24, 2010
Is the download link wrong? The vzw looks like it is pointing to a5 of sprint and the sprint is a4.

Also my FUSE question still stands
*looks like the fuse.ko isn't there* any chance of adding it?

yeah it was.. I fixed it.. miss named it.. the v5 was for the i605 although it was labeled with the l900

getting tired as you can see :p

JustusIV

Jan 11, 2008
Flashed on 4.1 and didn't work. Maybe I am dumb for hoping it would but not very clear if it would or not.

JustusIV

Jan 11, 2008
The OP stated AOSP and CM10.1 (which is 4.2.1)...a quick friendly recommendation would be if you aren't sure, don't flash. :)

sent from my CM10.1-pimped i605

Thank you
I was aware it was for 10.1 but that doesnt imply or not imply backwards compatibility. It wasnt a big deal to me i just flashed back the old kernel i was just letting others know incase they wouldnt have an easy time rolling back.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

LexusBrian400

Mar 22, 2010
Great kernel!!

Any chance of implementing the fast charge/power manipulations that the Touchwiz kernel (Perseus) has? Sorry if this has been addressed already. Thanks Kejar

Amin Sabet

Aug 27, 2010
Boston, MA
Thanks so much for this kernel. Can't believe how good the audio sounds from my phone now using Voodoo Sound Control and DSP Manager with a good set of headphones. Never had a phone sound this good before. Wow :good:.

ahjee

Mar 24, 2010
When I use this kernel... I have an odd issue. The kernel performs well and causes less GPU issues BUT whenever I power my ROM down and that big icon that fills green appears hut never fills up and then it never goes away and just stays on the whole time it's off and charging.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay.. Most of you people know who I am.. and if you know me you know I am not much of a kernel dev :p ... Regardless, I love AOSP but while running CM10.1, I felt I was missing some things that were more readily available for a Stock ROM.. Things such as (unofficial)Voodoo sound, Overclocking and Undervolting.. So I went ahead and forked CM's kernel and added a few needed things.

Notes:

Thie kernel is for AOSP only!

This kernel include's codeworkx's downgrade to mali r2p4 commit from CM's gerrit.. In this commit codeworkx specifically states that there is a memory leak. Now I will also say this.. This downgrade greatly improves the graphical glitches found in the android 4.2 ROMS, IE no more keyboard funkyness etc... I have yet to see this leak myself and think the trade-off is worth it. If this causes serious issues for people let me know.

Features:

Compiled with the Linaro GCC 4.7.3 toolchain
    Updated wifi driver
    Unofficial Voodoo sound driver (otherwise this has not been reviewed and approved by Supercurio)
    OverClock up to 1.8 Ghz
    CPU Undervolting
    Downgrade to mali r2p4 which fixed graphic glitches

ChangeLog:

A4 - initial release

A5
    Compiled with the Linaro GCC 4.7.3 toolchain
    Updated wifi driver

Downloads:

Kernel source - https://github.com/kejar31/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412

i605 (VZW) - http://androidhosting.org/Devs/kejar31/BasicKernel-i605-A5.zip

Credit:

gokhanmoral
    codeworkx
    sbrissen
    CyanogenMod
    supercurio
    Tk-Glitch
    All kernels will work across all Roms soon enough.. New drivers were leaked with a 9300 4.2 build and they fix known issues.. So I would expect all rom and kernels will be using them in the future

Sorry looks as though we lost the hosting we had for the kernel :(

This kernel is now part of a larger project... Carbon ROM.. But if you would like to download the kernel in and of its self you can find a test one here

http://goo.im/devs/carbon/i605/Carbon-Test-Kernel-1-i605-A6.zip
    Re: [Kernel][AOSP] BasicKernel 01/31

Its not bad. Not getting near the benchmarks i was getting with jelly beans and perseus kernal.

j3Vx9sHX

Ps: battery seems to be better on this now though(liquid 3.2.1)

Benchmarks don't matter. Don't waste your time.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2
    Can this be flashed using liquid 3.2.1?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

yes it can