[Q] How do you turn on Airplane mode automatically?

Search This thread

kromatic

May 31, 2007
How do you turn on Airplane mode automatically when you don't have any signal? To save battery life.

I've noticed cell standby is one of the apps that uses my battery the most. I think it would help me greatly because I live in New York City and spend at least 2 and a half hours a day in the subway with little to no cell coverage

I know there's apps that Let you do this manually, is there one that automates this process.

flutterguy317

Nov 7, 2013
How do you turn on Airplane mode automatically when you don't have any signal? To save battery life.

I've noticed cell standby is one of the apps that uses my battery the most. I think it would help me greatly because I live in New York City and spend at least 2 and a half hours a day in the subway with little to no cell coverage

I know there's apps that Let you do this manually, is there one that automates this process.

If you are rooted, you can use Tasker with the Secure Settings plug-in. You'll need to install the Secure Settings helper from within the app to be able to change airplane mode. You can then set up a Tasker profile which triggers airplane mode on or off based on various events or phone states. I'm not sure if you can trigger it when you don't have signal, but you might be able to find some other trigger or combination of triggers that works for you. Hope this helps!