My crazy day getting a nexus 5!

Search This thread

903tex

Mar 22, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Moto G Stylus 5G
OK I know that ALL the nexus 5 sold at T-Mobile, Sprint, best buy, etc are the SAME as Google play store.

I was in Houston to visit family yesterday, and sold my moto g, and moto x(att model) to my family friend and then figured "ya I could order the nexus on Google but since selling the moto's I would just be paying the tax for the 5!"

So I go to best buy, not in stock, then go to T-Mobile store....NEVER again!(only because their like 390 full price!)

First the guy said he couldn't sell me it cause it won't work on anything other than T-Mobile....... So I told him that I know it will work or I wouldn't be asking you to buy it.... Then the store demo I put my Sim in it and BAM! Getting LTE on straight talk att Sim! Then I show him and then he said the demo model works cause it one straight from the Google play store! LMAO WHAT!

So I leave go down the street to another T-Mobile store same story!

Then I finally went to a sprint store...
The guy was basically acting like I was stupid and he bet me it wouldn't work....so he sell me the phone (399) I put my Sim in the phone and by this time he called everybody else in the store to see if it was going to work! The of course it works, and he was like we'll it probably because it not activated on our network. Then he went on saying I couldn't sell that to anybody on sprint cause the phone will be blacklisted.......OR I said "it could be idk IT'S THE SAME PHONE THAT GOOGLE SELLS ON THE PLAY STORE!" and walk out

So I guess next time people just order from the play store unless your only going to pay tax for a brand new phone lol!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

CellPhish

Feb 5, 2011
What? Out of all service companies, I can't believe T-Mobile would say that! That's crazy.

They probably don't want to sell their N5' s cause they know they're sold out on Google store and they want customers who buy the N5 to stay in their company. That's why whenever I go to my company (T-Mobile) I end up arguing with them, they seem to not have a lot of knowledge when it comes to Google phones.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

903tex

Mar 22, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Moto G Stylus 5G
What? Out of all service companies, I can't believe T-Mobile would say that! That's crazy.

They probably don't want to sell their N5' s cause they know they're sold out on Google store and they want customers who buy the N5 to stay in their company. That's why whenever I go to my company (T-Mobile) I end up arguing with them, they seem to not have a lot of knowledge when it comes to Google phones.

Exactly! I figured it wasn't going to be easy! But I'm pretty sure not a lot of people come in asking to buy a phone full price so why don't you just sell it to them and be done with it!

CellPhish

Feb 5, 2011
Exactly! I figured it wasn't going to be easy! But I'm pretty sure not a lot of people come in asking to buy a phone full price so why don't you just sell it to them and be done with it!

That's true. But dang, you spent 390 on the 16gb? :/ but heck that's still cheap for a full retail phone.

903tex

Mar 22, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Moto G Stylus 5G
That's true. But dang, you spent 390 on the 16gb? :/ but heck that's still cheap for a full retail phone.

I know but I sold my moto g and moto x so after that it was only 32 dollars out my pocket. And I really wanted the nexus now lol! And 16gb is enough for me

Stealyourface

Oct 19, 2007
VA Beach
Too many CSR are just dumb. But this is quite the funny story. Should've took that guy on the bet at the sprint store, I would've walked out with a free N5 I'll tell you what. And how slow was the store business wise for all them to huddle round you? They seriously had nothing else better to do?

903tex

Mar 22, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Moto G Stylus 5G
Well the sprint store wasn't really busy at all. Had one customer leaving as I was walking in. But the T-Mobile store was actually quite busy which I was surprised bout. Tmobile works great in Houston and Dallas. But where I live their not even a store that's how bad it is!

Last edited:

digiblur

Jul 24, 2007
That was hard to read.. Sheesh.

Try buying a Tmobile N5 and activating on Sprint. It won't happen. But that's a good thing anyways.

jeren17

Apr 15, 2010
Wow. Sorry to hear about that. I got extremely lucky buying mine at Best Buy. They sold me their last one, and price matched the Play Store for me. No questions asked at all. I'm pretty sure Best Buys aren't selling the N5 anymore though. The demo they had on the Google endcap has been removed and replaced with a N7. I've been in 5 different stores, and all of them have been removed.

903tex

Mar 22, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Moto G Stylus 5G
That was hard to read.. Sheesh.

Try buying a Tmobile N5 and activating on Sprint. It won't happen. But that's a good thing anyways.

Its all the same phone! Wow you sound like them! Smh

Just like my nexus 5 im using now bought at sprint, using ST ATT sim, can be sold to somebody who wants to use sprint CDMA. Same can be done with somebody with a n5 bought from T-Mobile!

903tex

Mar 22, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Moto G Stylus 5G
Wow. Sorry to hear about that. I got extremely lucky buying mine at Best Buy. They sold me their last one, and price matched the Play Store for me. No questions asked at all. I'm pretty sure Best Buys aren't selling the N5 anymore though. The demo they had on the Google endcap has been removed and replaced with a N7. I've been in 5 different stores, and all of them have been removed.

Yes I noticed that when I went to that best buy store. They didn't even have it on display. Guess its not selling like they like in stores so replacing it with something else.

digiblur

Jul 24, 2007
actually you can activate a n5 bought through tmo on sprint. all you need to do is have sprint manually enter the info they need and device id.

Good luck on getting them to enter a MEID into the system.

Its all the same phone! Wow you sound like them! Smh

Just like my nexus 5 im using now bought at sprint, using ST ATT sim, can be sold to somebody who wants to use sprint CDMA. Same can be done with somebody with a n5 bought from T-Mobile!

I don't sound like them but maybe you do. I know what I am talking about. We all know it is the same phone, Sprint are the idiots that don't think so.

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com

I don't sound like them but maybe you do. I know what I am talking about. We all know it is the same phone, Sprint are the idiots that don't think so.

just because their employees arent to bright, it doesnt change the fact that its more than possible to have done. its easy to do, and many sprint employees have figured out how to do it right. if the employees working where you go cant do it, go to another sprint.

digiblur

Jul 24, 2007
just because their employees arent to bright, it doesnt change the fact that its more than possible to have done. its easy to do, and many sprint employees have figured out how to do it right. if the employees working where you go cant do it, go to another sprint.

No thanks. Sprint's LTE network is an absolute mess in my area, good signals usually but the 1,500+ms pings and 0.05 megabit downloads are painful. I do the AIO thing.

LancerEVA06

May 5, 2010
Chicago
At least T-mobile let you purchase it. When it first came to Sprint, they would only sell it on contract. (Corporate store around me)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
No thanks. Sprint's LTE network is an absolute mess in my area, good signals usually but the 1,500+ms pings and 0.05 megabit downloads are painful. I do the AIO thing.

omg, i totally understand. i wouldnt ever use sprint. i enjoy my tmobile account, especially in nyc. but there are people that cant do anything about their sprint account at the moment unfortunately.

903tex

Mar 22, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Moto G Stylus 5G

Well then go to another store. I don't care for sprint as other solution work out better for me. But I know it will work and since you don't have sprint it shouldn't matter to you

digiblur

Jul 24, 2007
Well then go to another store. I don't care for sprint as other solution work out better for me. But I know it will work and since you don't have sprint it shouldn't matter to you

If you think a Sprint store can enter a MEID into the system that was never there before then I believe you need to go buy a bunch of lottery tickets.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK I know that ALL the nexus 5 sold at T-Mobile, Sprint, best buy, etc are the SAME as Google play store.

I was in Houston to visit family yesterday, and sold my moto g, and moto x(att model) to my family friend and then figured "ya I could order the nexus on Google but since selling the moto's I would just be paying the tax for the 5!"

So I go to best buy, not in stock, then go to T-Mobile store....NEVER again!(only because their like 390 full price!)

First the guy said he couldn't sell me it cause it won't work on anything other than T-Mobile....... So I told him that I know it will work or I wouldn't be asking you to buy it.... Then the store demo I put my Sim in it and BAM! Getting LTE on straight talk att Sim! Then I show him and then he said the demo model works cause it one straight from the Google play store! LMAO WHAT!

So I leave go down the street to another T-Mobile store same story!

Then I finally went to a sprint store...
    The guy was basically acting like I was stupid and he bet me it wouldn't work....so he sell me the phone (399) I put my Sim in the phone and by this time he called everybody else in the store to see if it was going to work! The of course it works, and he was like we'll it probably because it not activated on our network. Then he went on saying I couldn't sell that to anybody on sprint cause the phone will be blacklisted.......OR I said "it could be idk IT'S THE SAME PHONE THAT GOOGLE SELLS ON THE PLAY STORE!" and walk out

So I guess next time people just order from the play store unless your only going to pay tax for a brand new phone lol!