Need Avice in using Safe Strap 3.75

Search This thread

wilspeak

Jul 18, 2011
ga
I flashed The JasmineRom , in settings the kernal version says>>( 3.4.0 dpi@SWDD5521) , I also have SS 3.75 installed and the app says safe strap system : not active , so now I have to go into the app in order to boot into recovery, how do I activate SS ? so that I can go boot into recovery in the shut down menu ? Also I tried to flash a rom in rom slot 2 and the flash failed what did I do wrong ? I thank you in advance for your help and advice.

strider5236

Feb 17, 2014
Santa Fe
I flashed The JasmineRom , in settings the kernal version says>>( 3.4.0 dpi@SWDD5521) , I also have SS 3.75 installed and the app says safe strap system : not active , so now I have to go into the app in order to boot into recovery, how do I activate SS ? so that I can go boot into recovery in the shut down menu ? Also I tried to flash a rom in rom slot 2 and the flash failed what did I do wrong ? I thank you in advance for your help and advice.

Do you have the 3.75 B04 version or the B03? Is the app installed? If it is, have you opened it and installed recovery from app?

Are you installing the rom from your external sd card? I have noticed since upgrading from 3.65 that I can no longer install roms from the External sd card. If it is on the internal storage, then it works.

wilspeak

Jul 18, 2011
ga
Do you have the 3.75 B04 version or the B03? Is the app installed? If it is, have you opened it and installed recovery from app?

Are you installing the rom from your external sd card? I have noticed since upgrading from 3.65 that I can no longer install roms from the External sd card. If it is on the internal storage, then it works.

Hello @strider5236, I installed SS on the internal storage and when I opened the app at the bottom it said 3.72 I am not sur if it was B04 or B03

strider5236

Feb 17, 2014
Santa Fe
Hello @strider5236, I installed SS on the internal storage and when I opened the app at the bottom it said 3.72 I am not sur if it was B04 or B03

Okay, you are on an older version. You need to update to 3.75 B04, or if there is a newer one at this point, us it.

You will need to go to safestrap app and uninstall the current build. Then open up the apk of the new version and install it. Open the app up after install and have it install Safestrap recovery. All set and all should work again with rom slots.:good:

ilpleasu

Jan 11, 2010
Okay, you are on an older version. You need to update to 3.75 B04, or if there is a newer one at this point, us it.

You will need to go to safestrap app and uninstall the current build. Then open up the apk of the new version and install it. Open the app up after install and have it install Safestrap recovery. All set and all should work again with rom slots.:good:

Help Im in trouble...was on the 3.72 downloaded the 3.75 B04 uninstalled the 3.72 then installed the 3.75 now i'm bootlooping help!

strider5236

Feb 17, 2014
Santa Fe
Help Im in trouble...was on the 3.72 downloaded the 3.75 B04 uninstalled the 3.72 then installed the 3.75 now i'm bootlooping help!

The last time I had a boot loop on NC2, I just reflashed the modem to get everything back. If that does not work, you may have to reflash stock MJE and start over with root and upgrade to NC2.

ilpleasu

Jan 11, 2010
The last time I had a boot loop on NC2, I just reflashed the modem to get everything back. If that does not work, you may have to reflash stock MJE and start over with root and upgrade to NC2.
Got it to work, just just put the phone in download mode and canceled the reboot and it booted up in the new 3.75 recovery no problem. az_biker gave me the scope....

wilspeak

Jul 18, 2011
ga

ok @strider5236 I got it from here >>>>>http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=7190, I am going to try now Thank You and will let you know how it goes .

Reactions: ilpleasu

wilspeak

Jul 18, 2011
ga
Got it to work, just just put the phone in download mode and canceled the reboot and it booted up in the new 3.75 recovery no problem. az_biker gave me the scope....

Hello brother @ilpleasu I just seen that you got your device back online, The same thing happened to me , but I re flashed the rom from a back up , thats why its important to make a back up of the rom when its in good condition , just in case of a brick or bootloop . Seeking light in the East, Sons Of Wadley Lodge 129 ^<V>^

wilspeak

Jul 18, 2011
ga

I just installed the 3.75 B04 apk and the results are the same , its works , but remains disabled and I have to go into the app in oder to boot into recovery. I was told thats because I am on the NC4 build

strider5236

Feb 17, 2014
Santa Fe
I just installed the 3.75 B04 apk and the results are the same , its works , but remains disabled and I have to go into the app in oder to boot into recovery. I was told thats because I am on the NC4 build

Ahhh, I am on NC2 so that may be why I do not experience that problem. You may have to wait for next build for it to be fixed. That is unless someone else comes up with a fix for you.

If you do just a normal reboot, and once rebooted, does Safestrap menue come up? Or does it just boot directly to the rom?

ilpleasu

Jan 11, 2010
Hello brother @ilpleasu I just seen that you got your device back online, The same thing happened to me , but I re flashed the rom from a back up , thats why its important to make a back up of the rom when its in good condition , just in case of a brick or bootloop . Seeking light in the East, Sons Of Wadley Lodge 129 ^<V>^

Greetings to you my Brother @wilspeak, it was so simple in my case, it was just some sort of glitch is all. Took like 1 sec to solve. then after all that work i realized that i didn't have to go through updating ss. I'm not gonna use the slots 1-4 anyways. Only doing 1 Rom at a time....O well...

Theirs always help for TWS....I hail from The Most Worshipful Sons Of Light Grand Lodge. Oasis Of Nevada. I AM!

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

So you took the OTA update or did you purchase a new Note3 with NC4 on it?

djscrib

Dec 27, 2013
Seattle
I can't get safe strap to boot into recovery. I've tried both 03 & 04 versions. I am running Beantown's NC2 build when KK first launched. Every other method I used to boot into recovery gives me a bootloop. Might just have to ODIN back to stock and start from scratch. Any ideas while I'm at work?

Top Liked Posts