[Solved!/CWM] Unable to Enter Recovery (Showcase)

Search This thread

Akkeresu

Aug 16, 2010
[SCH-I500, Android 4.0.4, IcyGlitch V14 B6]

[EDIT: Solved! Bug within Gummy v1 on Showcase and Mezmerize. Configure ROM Manager and reboot recovery for workaround.]

Here's the short version: In Gummy v1.0.0, using the power menu, I am unable to enter recovery. According to Droidstyle's guide, using the 3 finger method is not to be done once on ICS, as it will cause bootloops. "adb reboot recovery" will not work either.

Alrighty, here's what I've done so far to my Showcase from CSpire:

1. Restored my stock ODIN file, which is EI20.
2. ODIN'ed CWM4 Fixed for CM7
3. 3-fingered into recovery
4. Installed ICS Hacksung Build 2
5. Installed ICS Gummy and GApps 3/17
6. Used for about 2-3 weeks, with a few tweaks.
7. Attempted to nandroid, unable to enter recovery.

So, I'm not sure if I should re-flash recovery via ODIN/Heimdall, attempt to replace the recovery.img via shell, or if there's a different method.

Does anyone have an idea about how to fix this problem?

Last edited:

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
th
[SCH-I500, Android 4.0.4, IcyGlitch V14 B6]

Here's the short version: In Gummy v1.0.0, using the power menu, I am unable to enter recovery. According to Droidstyle's guide, using the 3 finger method is not to be done once on ICS, as it will cause bootloops. "adb reboot recovery" will not work either.

Alrighty, here's what I've done so far to my Showcase from CSpire:

1. Restored my stock ODIN file, which is EI20.
2. ODIN'ed CWM4 Fixed for CM7
3. 3-fingered into recovery
4. Installed ICS Hacksung Build 2
5. Installed ICS Gummy and GApps 3/17
6. Used for about 2-3 weeks, with a few tweaks.
7. Attempted to nandroid, unable to enter recovery.

So, I'm not sure if I should re-flash recovery via ODIN/Heimdall, attempt to replace the recovery.img via shell, or if there's a different method.

Does anyone have an idea about how to fix this problem?

did you try selecting the reboot option instead of recovery in the power menu? they were mislabled on gummy the last time I was using that rom.

Akkeresu

Aug 16, 2010
Nope. Rebooting with Reboot, Recovery, and Bootloader all yield a standard reboot sequence.

Akkeresu

Aug 16, 2010
That's a known issue on Gummy for showcase and mesmerize. I can't figure it out.... :-( people have been working around it by using ROM manager to get to recovery.

Sent from my Glitched AOKP Unicorn.
That did the trick. I did have to click the Flash Recovery Button, , select the Showcase and tell it to use CWM v3.x+

Maybe it's something about the scripting? When I get some time, I'll turn on some logging and see if I can locate a difference between the normal recovery reboot attempt and the ROM Manager reboot.

I was attempting to use Supercharger V6, but couldn't make it stick because I was unable to clear Dalvik. Thanks a bunch!

Akkeresu

Aug 16, 2010
Nope. Rebooting with Reboot, Recovery, and Bootloader all yield a standard reboot sequence.
I'll definitely give it a try now that I can get into recovery and make a backup. My good friend from Canada just recently dropped Build 32, I think, onto his own Faci, so I'll see how it runs on my Show. Thanks for the help dude!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That's a known issue on Gummy for showcase and mesmerize. I can't figure it out.... :-( people have been working around it by using ROM manager to get to recovery.

Sent from my Glitched AOKP Unicorn.