Issues w/Facebook Lag - But only at home

Search This thread
May 29, 2012
Silver Spring
This is a weird issue, and I can't seem to figure it out. When I'm on my home network, I have really, really terrible lag with Facebook's mobile app *only on my phone*. I mean, it takes about 10 minutes for a pic to load. Any other app (on my phone) that connects to Facebook will lag really bad connecting to FB, as well. I've got Comcast and Speedtest will give me >100Mb/s on my desktop, hardwired to the router, and my phone will usually give me >50Mb/s. I've got an ASUS RT-N56U router, so I don't think that's the issue. I've tried both 5GHz and 2.4GHz, and they both have the same issue.

If I use the FB app on any other wifi network, or 4G, it works just fine. Any other tabs, iPhones, laptops, etc. work fine on my home network.

The thing is, it wasn't always like this... When I first got Comcast set up, everything worked fine. The problem seems to just have happened one day, and the only thing I changed on my phone was installing Transparent Weather Clock. Of course, I tried uninstalling it and seeing if anything changed, but no luck.

I am on 4.3 NB4, rooted.

Any help is appreciated! TIA!

Face_Plant

Mar 24, 2014
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Have you tried wiping the Facebook app data or uninstalling and reinstalling it? I've had funky problems with the Facebook app in the past and wiping the data or a fresh download from the Play Store always fixed it.

May 29, 2012
Silver Spring
Thanks for the tip... I tried that, but ended up with the same results. Did a data wipe, then tried erasing FB completely and then re-installing.

I mean, the baffling part is that the app and all things connected to it work fine everywhere else... Even on much, much slower internet connections. I can't figure out why it works so poorly on my home wifi, when all the other devices work just fine.

sandman7793

Apr 24, 2012
Naples
www.infinitygigabyte.com
Thanks for the tip... I tried that, but ended up with the same results. Did a data wipe, then tried erasing FB completely and then re-installing.

I mean, the baffling part is that the app and all things connected to it work fine everywhere else... Even on much, much slower internet connections. I can't figure out why it works so poorly on my home wifi, when all the other devices work just fine.

You have a external sd? If so go in there and go to Android/data/ and see if files left over for Facebook in there. If so delete them. Then in app manager go to Facebook and clear everything you can. then uninstall. Clear cache. Reboot. Reinstall. See if it works

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

May 29, 2012
Silver Spring
An update... I don't believe the problem is isolated to Facebook. Facebook just happens to be the most bandwidth intensive app on my phone. Other Internet services run more slowly on my home network than elsewhere. Maybe this will solve some mystery. I am starting to think it's a router setting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app