[ROM]Jelly Bean Sense 4+ deo & odex

Search This thread

Tachi91

Oct 15, 2008
Subartic - Americana

Stock ROM extracted from the One XL update that started rolling out.

-- ODEX & DEODEX Stock Rom
-- init.d support. Scripts must be applied via recovery and 755 permissions.
-- SuperUser installed

v2
Removed keyboards besides English for smaller side, but still available for download.

V2.1
Added init.d
Newer deodex rom, zipaligned
MMS size increased to 1MB
Insecure Kernel

Final
System write protection removed - Thanks slippers67 for the heads up!

So far everything is running fine, but your entire house might blow up. To each their own :D MY Phone was 100% wiped before flashing

Use this as a base for your own ROM or wait until the other highly more talented chiefs release their Roms!!

all removed Keyboards

Attachments

• 2012-12-19_08-10-28.jpg
    2012-12-19_08-10-28.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 6,557
  • 2012-12-19_08-10-54.jpg
    2012-12-19_08-10-54.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 6,164
  • 2012-12-19_08-11-10.jpg
    2012-12-19_08-11-10.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 6,151
Last edited:

mrjaydee82

Apr 5, 2010
Naples, FL

-- ODEX Stock Rom
-- Removed Asia stuff (apps etc), but left the languages and keyboards
-- SuperUser installed

So far everything is running fine, but your entire house might blow up. To each their own :D MY Phone was 100% wiped before flashing

Use this as a base for your own ROM or wait until the other highly more talented chiefs release their Roms!!

MD5 :: 875bd6d2e89d04d2dc80444ea8f2b134

** Uploading ~300+ kB/s .. 65%

Thanks for contributing :) how's this baby running compared to stock ics sense?

My blazingly fast as f*#k One XL fueled with CM10

Reactions: monkboy24

Tachi91

Oct 15, 2008
Subartic - Americana
first: since when did this update start rolling out?!!
second: I feel kinda bad for newt... lol let's all go thank him right now for all the hardwork and pita time he put into making a usable port, only to have this come out the next day... :(

1. Yesterday in Singapore or some place in Asia
2. He still has a ROM he's going to release today. The kernel from the update helped him A LOT! So go check it out when he uploads it later on!!

ChongoDroid

Jul 29, 2010
Vancouver
Google Pixel 4
Google Pixel 4 XL
Just focused on getting this one booting/rooted, but I'll deodex it (attempt) ... Kind of paranoid until the upload finishes

I'm deodexing it right now :D 184 of 276!!

Good to be back in these neck of the woods again!

Sent from my One X

---------- Post added at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

Do you know if the kernel is already on newts OP or can you upload the boot.img when you're done?

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: collin128

Tachi91

Oct 15, 2008
Subartic - Americana
I'm deodexing it right now :D 184 of 276!!

Good to be back in these neck of the woods again!

Sent from my One X

---------- Post added at 05:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

Do you know if the kernel is already on newts OP or can you upload the boot.img when you're done?

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

It's posted here

Reactions: nickeedoo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

-- ODEX & DEODEX Stock Rom
    -- init.d support. Scripts must be applied via recovery and 755 permissions.
    -- SuperUser installed

v2
    Removed keyboards besides English for smaller side, but still available for download.

V2.1
    Added init.d
    Newer deodex rom, zipaligned
    MMS size increased to 1MB
    Insecure Kernel

Final
    System write protection removed - Thanks slippers67 for the heads up!

all removed Keyboards

A couple twrp zips I put together:

1. Battery percentage and charging animation. Works with both odex and deodexed (the updater-script deletes the SystemUI.odex file on odex roms automatically).

2. Stock 3.17 kernel with rooted adb, init.d, and system write protection fix (aka permanent root, even though that's not really the correct term). Credit for the system write protection goes to flar. I simply modified the stock kernel for init.d support, then created an init.d script that loads the special module, and wrapped it all into a zip.

Hboot 1.14 people will have to flash the zip in twrp and also fastboot flash the boot.img out of the zip separately, as you need the library module and init.d scripts to be extracted.
    D
    Deleted member 3452239
    Public traffic exhausted, new mirror please?
    Oh and guys. I was working on MIUI sense last night with ICS sense.. Good thing I didn't do much.
    My christmas gift to you will be MIUI JB sense.

PM me the download link when it's done.. I'm about to leave for school :s
    All righty folks.. got the deodexed version uploading nao!!

I'm really amazed that the red lettering is gone now.. I honestly.. don't get it. I'm gonna try and flash another rom now and see if it's permanent.
    first: since when did this update start rolling out?!!
    second: I feel kinda bad for newt... lol let's all go thank him right now for all the hardwork and pita time he put into making a usable port, only to have this come out the next day... :(