Text messaging issue after 4.4 update

Search This thread

roarf

Feb 21, 2014
I tried searching for this issue but I am not finding anything. After updating to Android 4.4, I am having some kind of texting issue about 50% of the time. What happens is, I am typing a text message in landscape mode and I hit send and nothing happens. I flip the phone and when it goes into portrait mode, the text area goes black (keyboard is still active at the bottom of the screen). I also cannot backspace in the message. All 3 of these effects happen together as a result of some weird glitch. I can hit the home button, then go back into that text thread and there's no draft saved. The second attempt is always successful. This only happens in text messaging. I'm using the standard built-in keyboard and I do not have Google Hangouts linked to my text messaging. I have no idea how to fix this. Any help is appreciated.

anarchyuk

Mar 27, 2007
North East England
I tried searching for this issue but I am not finding anything. After updating to Android 4.4, I am having some kind of texting issue about 50% of the time. What happens is, I am typing a text message in landscape mode and I hit send and nothing happens. I flip the phone and when it goes into portrait mode, the text area goes black (keyboard is still active at the bottom of the screen). I also cannot backspace in the message. All 3 of these effects happen together as a result of some weird glitch. I can hit the home button, then go back into that text thread and there's no draft saved. The second attempt is always successful. This only happens in text messaging. I'm using the standard built-in keyboard and I do not have Google Hangouts linked to my text messaging. I have no idea how to fix this. Any help is appreciated.

4.4 OTA update?

rayray007

Nov 21, 2007
T-Mobile HTC One 4.4 texting issues after update

I am also having texting problems too after the update. I still text using "phone" which is the old school flip phone t9 method. Several major and annoying problems have occurred after the update. First issue, auto space is forced and can't be turned off so after making up words or trying to add punctuation it will put a space and I have to back up and erase the space. The other issue is some simple words like "go" and "am" won't generate when trying to create the words using t9 also known as "phone"

I need this problem resolved or I will go nuts :(

yakultski

Mar 17, 2012
I am having FCs when opening messages

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rayray007

Nov 21, 2007
T-Mobile HTC 4.4 update issues

I don't want to have to download 3 party texting applications when the stock HTC texting app is perfectly fine up until this defective 4.4 update.

LOCKxNXLOAD

Sep 26, 2013
They said some people were experiencing issues. I just suggested using a third party until an update either for the phone or the individual app comes out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

roarf

Feb 21, 2014
Well, I did a factory reset and it was good for a couple of days and now it's starting to do the same thing again. Any other ideas? Do I have to talk to Verizon and/or HTC now? I've had the phone for about 5 months now. I feel like if I could just reinstall the 4.4 update that would fix the issue.