4.4 hidden Easter Egg not right after upgrade

Search This thread

T-Anthony78

Jan 27, 2014
Anyone that upgraded today have the same issue as me?

After double checking my Android version in settings and seeing 4.4.2, I fast clicked the version number to her to the K that spins. Well, my K doesn't spin at all. I have to long press it to get to the red Android sign, and then long press again to get to the android tiles underneath. My tiles don't float around though. My wife's Note 3 upgraded fine and the easter egg works perfectly. This is making me paranoid that something else isn't right with my upgrade... I just haven't found it yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

jpcdeux

Mar 26, 2010
Laporte, IN
Mine spins, shows k. Tap it, spins. Tap and hold for red Android

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

T-Anthony78

Jan 27, 2014
I know what it should do. My wife's works fine. Mine doesn't. Mine doesn't spin, and my tiles aren't animated.

T-Anthony78

Jan 27, 2014
Sounds petty, but I'm just worried about what else didn't update correctly. May have ATT reflash in store.

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
They won't be able to. As of right now, KK is OTA only.

Sent from my SM-N9005A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

T-Anthony78

Jan 27, 2014
Good times. I Googled this to see if anyone else experienced this weird, hidden issue. Nothing online about it except my post here.

T-Anthony78

Jan 27, 2014
Thanks. K now spins, but the second easter egg (android logo tiles) do not animate... Aka fly across the screen when you click them. Instead they blink in and out. No animation. Interesting.

T-Anthony78

Jan 27, 2014
Fixed. I had animation scales, rendering etc turned off in developer mode prior- in orde to make phone run faster. Good lesson.

Settings, general, about phone then tap on Android version fast

Thank you! I am trying that but nothing happens. I'm tapping it as fast as I can.
My Note 3 is completely stock. I know the Developers is turned on but have no idea what that even means.
Thanks again!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk.

T-Anthony78

Jan 27, 2014
As long as you have a Note 3 that has been upgraded to 4.4.2, you can access this easter egg (or any device that has 4.4, not just a Note). If you go to YouTube and search for '4.4 easter egg’, there will be a ton of vids of people showing how to get there.

Reactions: GScherler

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Settings, general, about phone then tap on Android version fast

As long as you have a Note 3 that has been upgraded to 4.4.2, you can access this easter egg (or any device that has 4.4, not just a Note). If you go to YouTube and search for '4.4 easter egg’, there will be a ton of vids of people showing how to get there.