[Q] Unofficial CM without Radio?

Search This thread

maknajjar

Mar 27, 2012
Dear All,

I passed my old infuse to me child to use on the WiFi without a sim or a service. I keep updating her phone whenever a new version of scott.hart.bti's rom comes out (Thanks Scott). The problem is the Cell Standby is consuming most of the battery even though there is no sim in the phone.
I am wondering if there is a way I can completely remove the Radio part from the latest Roms or is there a chance that a new rom can be posted with and without the cell radio?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
MAK

Fullmetal Jun

Sep 10, 2013
Camp Kidney
OnePlus Pad
Dear All,

I passed my old infuse to my child to use on the WiFi without a sim or a service. I keep updating her phone whenever a new version of scott.hart.bti's rom comes out (Thanks Scott). The problem is the Cell Standby is consuming most of the battery even though there is no sim in the phone.
I am wondering if there is a way I can completely remove the Radio part from the latest Roms or is there a chance that a new rom can be posted with and without the cell radio?

MAK

If no sim, so no radio! Put it in airplane mode, but will change nothing if there's no sim!
Let the phone die and charge it till 100%. Normally the rom takes 2-3 days to stabilise! U can also lower clock speed to 800mhz.
But I don't know how to remove radio function and make it become media player. The problem is with the battery and rom/gapps and not the radio since there's no sim!

Reactions: maknajjar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear All,

I passed my old infuse to my child to use on the WiFi without a sim or a service. I keep updating her phone whenever a new version of scott.hart.bti's rom comes out (Thanks Scott). The problem is the Cell Standby is consuming most of the battery even though there is no sim in the phone.

MAK

If no sim, so no radio! Put it in airplane mode, but will change nothing if there's no sim!
    Let the phone die and charge it till 100%. Normally the rom takes 2-3 days to stabilise! U can also lower clock speed to 800mhz.
    But I don't know how to remove radio function and make it become media player. The problem is with the battery and rom/gapps and not the radio since there's no sim!
    From http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53063834&postcount=3...

Try dialing *#*#4636#*#*

Go to Phone Information, select Turn off Radio.

Can always turn back on by Airplane Mode toggle (or go back in this way). Don't know if there is a difference between this and Airplane Mode (except the lack of the Airplane icon in the status bar) but I hope this helps.
    Thanks

Both methods worked fine. Thanks a million gentlemen