Did my phone bricked itself? Please help!

Search This thread

djodars

Jul 29, 2014
Hey guys, I received my OnePlus One today yayy!

BUT. I booted the phone, configured everything like I wanted, installed all the apps I wanted and then I got an OTA update so I figured I would do that too!

The phone rebooted and... stuck on the 1+ logo / powered by android.

I asked around and people on the OnePlus forums told me to boot into recovery and perform a factory reset / clear cache.

I did this and my phone booted again. I reconfigured everything, reinstalled everything and I decided to reboot the phone.

It got stuck again on the logo.

Now though... I can't boot into recovery mode. I asked for help again but no answers... through some research, I installed Android SDK and tried to open a command prompt and type "adb devices". Nothing appears in the list.

Can someone help me? I just want to cry...

TheShoxter

Jul 14, 2014
Chicago
Before you can use ADB, you need the ADB drivers. Download the OnePlus One Toolkit and use the feature that downloads and installs the correct drivers. Or you can manually look for them.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

djodars

Jul 29, 2014
Before you can use ADB, you need the ADB drivers. Download the OnePlus One Toolkit and use the feature that downloads and installs the correct drivers. Or you can manually look for them.

Drivers are already installed, the phone is stuck in the boot sequence.

It's detected by both "adb devices" and "fastboot devices". It responds to commands like "fastboot reboot" but since it cannot reboot, this achieves nothing. I can't "fastboot oem unlock" because the phone doesn't load the OS.

TheShoxter

Jul 14, 2014
Chicago
Drivers are already installed, the phone is stuck in the boot sequence.

It's detected by both "adb devices" and "fastboot devices". It responds to commands like "fastboot reboot" but since it cannot reboot, this achieves nothing. I can't "fastboot oem unlock" because the phone doesn't load the OS.
Ok, and you said that you're on 100% stock? No custom ROM or kernel?

C13v3r0n3

May 13, 2013
If you can get fastboot just load everything back to stock and start over.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

RISHI RAJ

Mar 2, 2012
New Delhi
Xiaomi Poco F3
You can manually enter into fastboot mode without command.Just press power button+volume up button.Once you enter into fastboot ,unlock bootloader,flash twrp & then flash stock rom

djodars

Jul 29, 2014
You can manually enter into fastboot mode without command.Just press power button+volume up button.Once you enter into fastboot ,unlock bootloader,flash twrp & then flash stock rom

Hey, thanks for your reply!

I'm also getting help from the OnePlus forums but here are the latest updates:

I managed to get into fastboot and flash everything (boot, cache, system, recovery etc.). However, everytime I reboot, it still hangs on the boot screen. I have to leave the phone off for about 5 minutes, get into recovery mode, clear the cache and boot into the OS... every... single... time I reboot.

Is there a reason for this? Should I install another ROM (like Paranoid Android or Color OS) instead? Is there a fix to this or is it even software-based?

RISHI RAJ

Mar 2, 2012
New Delhi
Xiaomi Poco F3
Unlock bootloader ,flash twrp,flash flashable rom zip.In twrp wipe everything,then go to mount & then uncheck system.Then flash the rom.zip