[Q] OTA update always shows im using the latest fw.

Search This thread

nezt94

May 15, 2012
hello, i want to ask, why did my S4 when i try to OTA update it,, it always showing that i have already installed the latest update,
while when i plugged it and open the KIES it shows MK8 update available.
but i cant download if it was from KIES or ODIN, cause of the firmware size and my monthly limits.
it happens when im trying to update to the 4.3 from 4.2.2 as well, i have to bring my s4 to the service center.. but they installed the DXUEMJ5 not the MK8 (latest version) anyone can help?
i've never rooted my s4 or install any custom rom and my device status is official

Last edited:

illikkalshahid

Mar 17, 2013
CALICUT
hello, i want to ask, why did my S4 when i try to OTA update it,, it always showing that i have already installed the latest update,
while when i plugged it and open the KIES it shows MK8 update available.
but i cant download if it was from KIES or ODIN, cause of the firmware size and my monthly limits.
it happens when im trying to update to the 4.3 from 4.2.2 as well, i have to bring my s4 to the service center.. but they installed the DXUEMJ5 not the MK8 (latest version) anyone can help?
i've never rooted my s4 or install any custom rom and my device status is official
may be you bought your phone from a different country.. if so you may never be able to update via OTA.. the only
way is ODIN

nezt94

May 15, 2012
Did you disabled any apps

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
thanks for your time to reply, no im not disabled any apps.
may be you bought your phone from a different country.. if so you may never be able to update via OTA.. the only
way is ODIN
thanks for your time to reply. no, but my phone a few weeks ago got their motherboard changed in the samsung service centre. if i connect my s4 to KIES i can update it in the kies apps but its impossible for me cause of the file size and my monthly internet bills:(