[Q] Moto G Battery trouble, any help?

Search This thread

muppet101

May 29, 2014
Hello.
I got my Moto G sometime in Feb and I've been having massive battery issues. One of the reasons I got the phone was because of a friend who runs his phone 2 days in a row on a single charge.
I have trouble making it last longer than 12.
The drain is 4.4-4.6% per hour according to GSam Battery Monitor.
Can't post screen-caps right now because I'm new to the forum.

Any help would be appreciated.
When I took it to the service centre the guy said I'm asking for too much from the phone and said all he can do at this point is re-install the OS and then if it doesn't get better he might consider replacing the battery.
GSam monitor also alerts me every time I unlock the device saying "100% awake while screen off."

mrcorey

Mar 12, 2012
You have an app that is misbehaving. Look through the ones you have added. Remove them one by one if you have to

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app

muppet101

May 29, 2014
You have an app that is misbehaving. Look through the ones you have added. Remove them one by one if you have to

The guy at the service centre did a fresh install. After which I've been closely monitoring all the apps.
And GSam Battery Monitor states that it's the android system that's using up most power.

muppet101

May 29, 2014

BetterBatteryStats also says that bam_dmux_wakelock is keeping my phone awake most of the time.
Any idea what that might be?

fantasmanegro

Apr 27, 2012
BetterBatteryStats also says that bam_dmux_wakelock is keeping my phone awake most of the time.
Any idea what that might be?

search, read, search, read, search, read, search and read again!

Code:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1811365

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/206481-bam_dmux_wakelock-battery-kill-please-help.html

:good: