Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830

Search This thread

guika

Jun 30, 2010
Kecskemet
Do somebody knows , how to unlock this phone, I mean use different SIM card.

If someone could help that would be great.
Also Interesting that in the Galaxy S there is an /efs directory but in the ACE I could not find it :S

Waiting for solutions thanks.

Natascha303

Jan 9, 2011
Anyone also experience battery meter updating problems ?

Lets say u are using the phone for 30 min, but the battery will stuck at 80%.
Then u go into sleep mod and pressing the home button about 30 min later and the battery is suddenly at 68 %

how to solve that ?

Last edited:

guika

Jun 30, 2010
Kecskemet
Anyone also experience battery meter updating problems ?

Lets say u are using the phone for 30 min, but the battery will stuck at 80%.
Then u go into sleep mod and pressing the home button about 30 min later and the battery is suddenly at 78 %

how to solve that ?

Same problem in galaxy s. Read battery drain topic.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Natascha303

Jan 9, 2011
mhh im not sure if it's really a draining problem... the main thing is the huge "jumps" the battery doesnt count down 1 or by 2 % steps ... it jumps 5-10% gaps ! thats really annoying cause u never know how full your battery actually is :confused:

Natascha303

Jan 9, 2011
cant delete, wipe battery stats without root :(

Q:
have you got really no problems with your ACE ?
I mean, does the battery really count down by each per cent ?
Just happend again here... used it hard vor about 20 min and battery still at lets say 60 %, no count down to 58 %, what it has to!
And suddenly it dropped to 52 % ... so there is a 8 % GAP down. That is what i call a bad battery meter, never had this on the Galaxy S

Natascha303

Jan 9, 2011
and to your Q
i dont think there is any SAVE method to root and unlock the ACE -yet
just released, give the phone 1-2 months here on the xda, im sure then there are also roms.

just for a info, you can buy the ace unlocked at amazon germany for 269 EUR

Murat ISIK

Feb 16, 2011
Run Samsung S5830 Galaxy Ace Downloader. (Odin 4.38)
Select OPS file : Cooper_v1.0.ops in his field.
Click BOOT button and select: APBOOT_S5830xxxxx_xxx...._user_low_true.tar.md5
Click Phone button and select: MODEM_S5830xxxxx_xxx...._REV03.tar.md5
Click PDA button and select: CODE_S5830xxxxx_xxx...._REV03_user_low_true.tar.md5
Click CSC button and select: CSC_S5830xxxxxx_xxx......_REV03_user_low_true.tar.md5
Put your phone into Download Mode: Press middle Key ( OK key ) + Power + Volume Down
Connect USB cable to your phone and the program must read the Com number it takes.
Click Start button and the update process will start.
Do not touch or remove anything till the device rebooted and you can see PASS word on the program.

xdah

Nov 17, 2010
Run Samsung S5830 Galaxy Ace Downloader. (Odin 4.38)
Select OPS file : Cooper_v1.0.ops in his field.
Click BOOT button and select: APBOOT_S5830xxxxx_xxx...._user_low_true.tar.md5
Click Phone button and select: MODEM_S5830xxxxx_xxx...._REV03.tar.md5
Click PDA button and select: CODE_S5830xxxxx_xxx...._REV03_user_low_true.tar.md5
Click CSC button and select: CSC_S5830xxxxxx_xxx......_REV03_user_low_true.tar.md5
Put your phone into Download Mode: Press middle Key ( OK key ) + Power + Volume Down
Connect USB cable to your phone and the program must read the Com number it takes.
Click Start button and the update process will start.
Do not touch or remove anything till the device rebooted and you can see PASS word on the program.

instead must use one package ?
cz in firmware folder just one file tar and i check in that file tar just amss,boot,csc,recovery,system.rfs and that files not type of tar or md5

i think flash ace use one package

Deinski

Jul 21, 2010
If it's just one file in the folder, then put it in the PHONE field and it'll work. What TAR file to use though?

I have a question though.. any new FW/ROMs for this device? I have a few issues with the stock one.. i.e. No Flashlight controls and no haptic feedback. There seems to be a few lag issues too >_<

H-KaN

Dec 7, 2010
Goslar
I got me the ace yesterday and im really happy...i rooted it last night...all that i need now is an ext4 support through sd as internal storage :D i hope there will be a galaxy ace section in the near future, including some nice devs!! :)

eddiexda

Jan 3, 2010
Hey guys, just letting you guys know that the "confirmed" RAM of 278 MB seems to be incorrect.

The correct "spec" amount should be 320 MB according to my calculations.

The phone does have 278 MB of RAM available to the user in the task manager menu but it's real amount is higher.

For example the Galaxy Tab has 448 MB of RAM available to the user in the task manager but we all know that the specs for the Galaxy Tab indicate that it has 512 MB of RAM.

The Milestone's spec indicate 256 MB of RAM, yet only 226 MB is available to the user.

What this means is that around 12% to 13% of the RAM is reserved by the system for various reasons which I'm not qualified enough to explain. Plus it wouldn't make sense for Samsung to add a 22 MB RAM chip which I don't think exists. 256 MB + 64 MB = 320 MB seems more likely since 64 MB chips do exist.

You can check the RAM available to the user by using the task manager or quick system info.

Hope this clarifies the RAM issue :)

sahilkhurana

Dec 18, 2010
Delhi
Hi Guys,

Has anyone noticed a slight lag sometimes while opening the call log window.
The phone is snappy and does a great job but at times I have noticed lag.
I have not been able to root caused it but I guess it is the phone radio which peaks the cpu at times.

fahmitue

Feb 22, 2011
custom ROM

is there any custom rom avalailable? coz i just fed up with the batery life of my samsung galaxy ace..
can i combine other kernel and custom rom to this phone? just asking coz im expert in flashing symbian phone.. now newly change to android.. got nothing,.,

help me please.. tq!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

As of now we don't have any separate section for Galaxy Ace
    So I am starting this thread, so All queries/information related to device are consolidated at one place.

Root
    Rooting Ace is easy. SuperOneCLick v1.6.5 can be used to root device
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=803682
    Tested by myself, confirmed by few others as well.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=957653

IMP - As pointed by Many : Please reboot after rooting to complete the process

Recovery/Download Mode
    Recovery Mode : Home + Power Button
    Download Mode : Home + Vol Dn + Power Button

Firmwares
    As usual latest firmwares can be downloaded from SamFirmwares
    www.samfirmware.com/WEBPROTECT-s5830.htm

UPDATE : SamFirmware has just posted a Leaked Gingerbread ROM (2.3.3) For the ACE

Please note that its a leaked ROM so may not be a daily driver for most of you and yes usual disclaimer applies here too

Get it here
    Password : samfirmware.com (All credits to them)
    Okay - I haven't got all that much done since my last update, due to some bad luck and a lack of time.

I have decided to release it this morning (I'm currently in the US, working), and over the course of the next 7 days, expect to see updates for some of the features I said I'd be working on, along with (hopefully) CWM and a custom kernel which will add all the features your phones are lacking!

So, in summary, a beta version, which doesn't differ HUGELY from stock, will be released today - definitely.
    guyz any1 working on galaxy ace rom...or kernel..???

I'm working on a 2.3.3 ROM - which will be released shortly. Once released, I'll be looking at adding 2.3.4 changes (namely Google Talk with video/audio chat).

I was hoping to release today, but then I encountered the Wifi/SDHC issue. Anyone heard of a fix for that, or at least the cause? Otherwise I will be starting from scratch in locating the issue.
    One thing at a time! :)

I'm just trying to develop a base I am comfortable with for now. Please don't expect the world from day one. That being said, I will be putting a significant amount of time into this rom over the next few weeks, so it will definitely improve over time.

I've just wasted the last couple of hours messing around with the ramdisk attempting to implement custom bootanimation functionality. Unfortunately I haven't yet got it working, so I think I'll take the rest of the evening off and pick this up again in the morning!

Some small ideas of what's been done so far:

- De-odexed build (improving system space)
    - 2 tweaks which increase free memory
    - Annoying 'OHAI THE BATTERY IS FULL ALERT' removed via smali - no more audio notification or screen on to say OHAI, meaning no more 3am wake ups.
    - Menu key will now unlock phone on lock screen
    - Removed some bloatware

Now.. I was going to use the STOCK gingerbread launcher, rather than the touchwiz launcher... but I'd like people's opinions on that. I could easily make a batch file which would swap them back to original.

Tomorrow my initial plans will be:

- Have another go at implementing custom bootanimation support (had a lot of bad luck with it today)
    - Add 'Reboot to Recovery', 'Reboot to Download Mode' and 'Reboot' to the power menu

AFTER THE INITIAL RELEASE, I will then start looking into:

- Custom OC/UV kernel
    - Porting ClockworkMod or creating my own recovery image
    - More significant changes and rom work

Anyway - again... please don't expect the miracle ROM you've been waiting for since day one. Consider this a stable, solid base for changes to follow! :)

RE: People asking about TW4... I'm not going to be looking at that for a few days, so I'm not qualified to give you an answer!

Anyway.. I'll be in here again tomorrow keeping you updated. I expect to have something out by 5pm GMT. :)
    TUTORIAL

Who wants to change battery icon and status bar layout, there is a great solution...

Ultimate Online Theme Kitchen http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/ ....

My tutorial is just for GINGERBREAD 2.3.3, so KP8, KP9, KPB and KPE....

NO ROOT OR DEODEX NEEDED....

EDIT:
    Thanks to user xdajohn we know, that tutorial works for FROYO too... maybe rename of UOT.zip file to update.zip will be needed....

1) After you check what you want (don't forget press "Generate Preview") on the tab "FILE UPLOAD" you have to upload "framework-res.apk" and "SystemUI.apk" which you can download here: http://goo.gl/l3NNW

2) On the tab "SUMMARY" press "SUBMIT WORK TO KITCHEN"

PS: "Boot animation" is not compatible with HVGA resolution..! Also Emoticons and Glowing...Maybe later...

3) After that you will get name for .zip file with your customization on the page http://uot.dakra.lt/pickup/
    Generating .zip file can take of 5min to 30min
    example of .zip file name: "UOT-05-13-04-27-1"

3) after you get .zip file you have to replace in this zip file "update-binary" (use only Winrar ..!) file location is "META-INF\com\google\android\update-binary" you have to download new file here and replace by this file: http://goo.gl/ptMaz

4) don't rename .zip file and copy it directly to the SD card (not at any folder)..

5) turn off phone and restart at RECOVERY MODE - middle button OK + turn ON - hold both buttons until you will see SAMSUNG on the display...

recovery mode:
    14251-DSC_008444.jpg

6) go to "apply sdcard: update.zip" and find your .zip file on the SD card
    (for navigation use volume buttons and OK button)

7) after update successes "reboot system now" and thats it...! :)

14251-SC20110513-061813.png

14251-device.png