[Updated 12.10.08] CommManager (10 Buttons) for Diamond - Kaiser and Diamond style

Search This thread

vadim_bogaiskov

Sep 2, 2007
Moscow
Run the CAB file and soft reset of your device.

Having this skin, you can choose type and quantity of active functions. You can edit the register or use Schaps Advanced Configration Tool v 3.x to do it.
This solution don't replace the existing CommManager. You can use both. Use the Advavanced Config to choose between skins:
On/Off Button - for standard Diamond skin
Large Button - for Kaiser or DiamondStyle skins.

Buttons names will be displayed in your language.

In Dimond Style skin you can use 7 to 10 buttons (from 12).
WARNING! When you use 10 buttons, place the Sound/Vibrate button in last line for better performance.
In Kaiser skin - 10 buttons (from 12).

Kaiser CommManager Landscape AddOn: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2763010&postcount=28
Standard Diamond CommManager missing icons AddOn: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2767574&postcount=29

Many thanks Balu888 and Nemos (4pda.ru) for drawings updated.

Attachments

• Kaiser_P.jpg
    Kaiser_P.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 7,070
  • DiamondStyle.jpg
    DiamondStyle.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 9,395
Last edited:

salada2k

Jun 22, 2008
Melbourne
Thanks! I never quite liked having to compromise some options and decide which 6 to include in the original Comm Manager.

Now I can have them all!!!!

Many thanks :)

gamer007

Sep 10, 2008
Thanks. Nice to see all the communication options all at once rather than a limit. :)

salada2k

Jun 22, 2008
Melbourne
Now all we need is for one of our skinning masters to come up with a more diamond looking interface and this will be really cool.

EDIT: Just noticed there is no option to turn off 3G! :(

Last edited:

Neo XL

Feb 24, 2006
Kassel
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom
I renewed the graphic files (Look in the preview), but i´m not able, to make a cab out of these files. I don´t have the knowledge in this way. If someone want´s to make this job, i post here the changed graphics. But at 1st it would be good, to get a feedback.
To integrate it in TF3D, you can use the Softkey Changer. With this program you can replace one tab of the homescreen from Programs or else to Comm Manager.

Last edited:

vadim_bogaiskov

Sep 2, 2007
Moscow
New idea

Here I have tried to make skin in Diamond CommMamager style .
Having this skin , you can choose type and quantity of active functions from 7 to 10 (12 accessible). You can edit the register or use Schaps Advanced Configration Tool v 3.2 to do it. Now you don't need to change buttons pictures as in Kaiser CommManager.

BUT I haven't standard icons for buttons InternetSharing and VOIP to finish this work.:(
Send me, pls... who has...

Attachments

• DS10.JPG
    DS10.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,127
  • DS8.JPG
    DS8.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 656
  • DS7.JPG
    DS7.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 578
Last edited:

Neo XL

Feb 24, 2006
Kassel
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom
I´ve got it to run...with some tricks. But i don´t like, that this module don´t recognize, that there are masked .png-files. So all, what should be invisible, is now white. But the functions are okay. It integrates itself into the Comm Manager in the Connection-Tab. But not in the new seperate Comm Manager tab, that´s a problem.
Also there are little graphic errors, which are not in the original graphics.

http://imageshack.us

Last edited:

colonel00

Jan 21, 2007
Here I have tried to make skin in Diamond CommMamager style .
Having this skin , you can choose type and quantity of active functions from 7 to 10 (12 accessible). You can edit the register or use Schaps Advanced Configration Tool v 3.2 to do it. Now you don't need to change buttons pictures as in Kaiser CommManager.

BUT I haven't standard icons for buttons InternetSharing and VOIP to finish this work.:(
Send me, pls... who has...

Really like the concept here. Might need some work on cleaning up the images and maybe adding a little depth. Great work though.

H3IN3K3N

Jun 22, 2008
Ive tryed it now. I cant delete it at all. When i try to delete it, and when i try to open the comm manager again, ill get a black screen, with white text from kaisers comm manager:eek:

vadim_bogaiskov

Sep 2, 2007
Moscow
Ive tryed it now. I cant delete it at all. When i try to delete it, and when i try to open the comm manager again, ill get a black screen, with white text from kaisers comm manager:eek:

Check the registry keys, for Diamond standard must be:
[HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\CommManager]
SupportedFunctions=6
DisableButtonText=3
For Kaiser:
SupportedFunctions=10
DisableButtonText=2

And soft-reset, of course...

Or use Advanced Config \CommManager: choose your 6 function and On/Off Buttons.

Last edited:

athome93

Dec 9, 2007
Nantes
i tried more commanager and now i have nothing !!!

somebody can put here the original htc diamond commanager (vga) ?

thank :)

sorry : i find the solution with advanceconfig ;)

topspeclt

Sep 22, 2008
will this replace the existing comms manager? I'd like to have both on my device and remove the new one without problems if I decide.

athome93

Dec 9, 2007
Nantes
You mean found the solution to delete it and install the original Comm Manager, or found the solution to make it work ? If the answer is the second one, please share it with us !!!!!

I found the solution to put the original commanager, all commanager have installed work very good and configurable with advenced-config

vadim_bogaiskov

Sep 2, 2007
Moscow
will this replace the existing comms manager? I'd like to have both on my device and remove the new one without problems if I decide.

No, this solution don't replace the existing CommManager. You can use both. Use the Advavanced Config to choose between skins:
On/Off Button - for standard Diamond skin
Large Button - for Kaiser and DiamondStyle skins
in future I want make default skin available in Diamond too.

vadim_bogaiskov

Sep 2, 2007
Moscow
Diamond Style Comm Manager 10 Button

Drawings are updated - many thanks Nemos (4pda.ru), missing icons are added. But without album orientation.
You can use 7 to 10 buttons (from 12).
WARNING! When you use 10 buttons, place the Sound/Vibrate button in last line for better performance.

Attachments

• DiamondStyle.JPG
    DiamondStyle.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 608
Last edited:

frederikk

Mar 22, 2008
Looks great... just two question :

- only for russian ?

- is it possible to uninstall it and go back to default settings ? :)

But it would be nice to have more than 6 items on the diamond !

Ciao
Fred