Do you have a Magnetic Charger / Dock ?

Do you already have a Magnetic Charger / Dock ?

• Yes, and it's working fine (fast)

Votes: 41 46.6%
  • Yes, and it's working bad (slow)

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • No, but i'd like to buy one soon

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • No, and i don't need one

Votes: 5 5.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Haldi4803

Hei Guys,

there are already a few threads about this Topic, i.e. :

[Q] How fast does it the charging dock actually charge?
Charging dock for $15.50
Xperia Z2 Dock and Car Dock
Aluminum Magnetic USB Charging

Now there is one more, with a Poll! Why?
I want a thread where people could post if they have problems of slow charging with their docks/magnetic plugs. Important is to mention what ROM/Kernel you use and where they bought the charger. Also don't forget to mention what wallcharger you use, as most dock/cable come with USB connector only.

i'll make the first step:
i bought this dock from Ebay for 9 bucks.
Using Stock .402 Firmware with some xposed modules and Doomkernel v09
Official 1.5A Sony Wallcharger for europe and the same Cable into the MicroUSB port!

it takes around 7hours to charge from 1% to 75% ! Way longer than via microUSB port on the phone.

here a few pictures from the inside of the dock.... it's just a magnetic plug placed right^^

DSC_0034.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

DSC_0037.JPG

Xernoxis

Jun 6, 2012
Akershus
I want an other option that says "Yes I have a magnetic charger but the plug got torn off by the magnet". Other than that when it actually worked it was really fast.

nreuge

Apr 22, 2013
Saint-Nazaire
I want a thread where people could post if they have problems of slow charging with their docks/magnetic plugs

I've the Sony dock, it's charging fast whatever the charger.
I've a magnetic cable/plug (sony is written on it but I think it's actually noname), it's charging slow with the stock charger (1.5A), but with 2A chagers (I've 2 differents ones), it's quite fast.
I should do timed experiments but I'm too lazy :p

methodz

Nov 25, 2008
I also got a cheap ebay dk36 knockoff. It seems to charge normally but I haven't timed it yet.
With my 1.8A blackberry charger I believe my phone charged via USB direct from 15%-97% in about 2.5hrs. Is that normal?

When my battery runs down I'll check how long it takes to do the same on my knockoff dock and let you guys know.

My knockoff looks legit though. I have the dk31 official dock and the plastic inserts fit like a glove. I want to say I have an oem knockoff just without branding. 'Twas a pretty good knockoff for $8

methodz

Nov 25, 2008
I also got a cheap ebay dk36 knockoff. It seems to charge normally but I haven't timed it yet.
With my 1.8A blackberry charger I believe my phone charged via USB direct from 15%-97% in about 2.5hrs. Is that normal?

When my battery runs down I'll check how long it takes to do the same on my knockoff dock and let you guys know.

My knockoff looks legit though. I have the dk31 official dock and the plastic inserts fit like a glove. I want to say I have an oem knockoff just without branding. 'Twas a pretty good knockoff for $8

Okay so I plugged my Blackberry 1.8A charger into my knockoff dock today and went from 13%-98% in 2.5 hours so it looks like the dock I bought is not as crappy as the OP's lol. Look like mine is just a pass thru for the charging cable which is perfect. Like I said I also have the OEM DK-31 and my knockoff is identical in build quality to the OEM part which leads me to think I got just an unbranded Sony dock. Another thing I noticed is that the DK-30, 31 seem to all be the exact same minus the little insert they include with each one. The DK-36 is like the others but has no built in usb cable which I prefer because then the cables I actually have are what control the power I'm sending to the dock.

Here is the one I bought.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141302083013?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT