ICS a place to chat

Search This thread

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
I downloaded it from the market. maybe your gapps is the issue. did you download the preferred on on the op?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

androidapprentice

Nov 28, 2011
Second day on preview 4 with only one reboot. While using the xda app it froze and rebooted. Most of my apps work but I had to update a few to get them working. My gps is good within 15 ft. No sluggish menus but I also did a full wipe of everything. Market downloads have also not been an issue for me either. I am using the gapps listed as preferred. On the ics keyboard I can't get all caps to stay on, but I use SwiftKey X so it is not even a issue for me. Last night I flashed unvisable tweaks and only made about 3 point difference on the benchmark.

ive been running P4 since it was dropped and i found if you hold the shift key down it goes to caps lock...also are you having the same problem of the home screen going into landscape mode?

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Only landscape problem I have had is some display artifacts. After a moment or two it works fine.

chago123

Jun 22, 2010
after flashing the rom and gapps, i right away installed spare parts, checked if compatibility mode was enabled and since then it has made the rom a lot more stable

vulcan001

Sep 27, 2011
Aisle 10
I installed spare parts now. Waiting to see the results from that add on. The rom has some instability issues here & there but its no biggie. Its probably cos im using easy tether. Its always managed to cause my phone to reboot. Another thing i saw is that deck is getting to work on a new ics aosp rom. Another member posted links to his rom, still in the alpha stages.

Last edited:

jedjo

Sep 17, 2010
You guys should try using evodeck's ICS rom

It Rocks!!! he definitely has the hw acc down pack

just a thought...

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

also, I was able to get wireless tether to work on his rom...and getting a pretty nice speed on 3g

Aug 30, 2011
louisiana
im flashing the ics evo deck now...i cant wait for a full stable version lol...anyways would be nice to get the sprint update for it but i know thats not going to happen thanks to all the devs for making this happen for us

reggiedarden

Jun 18, 2010
Reno, NV
I just loaded up ics-deck. Liking what I'm seeing so far and I'm totally the envy of my co-workers. They are too scared to root and rom.

vulcan001

Sep 27, 2011
Aisle 10
Haha i feel u on that one man. I have a friend who just asked me to flash him on to the new ics rom. He loves it but uses the camera alot so its a bummer for him.

zhylun

May 3, 2011
I just flashed decks pa5 with no problems. YouTube is working. pa5 has landscape home screen as well. Very happy with it so far.

I've been running decks ICS since pa3 and absolutely love it. Prior to that, I was running the evervolv ICS, and deck's is much smoother and more responsive.

If you're looking to try ICS, and can handle typical pre-alpha bugs, decks pa5 is the way to go!

Here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1380478

Jaromewg

Dec 24, 2010
Oceanside/Los Angeles Ca
More info

On decks almost every thing works including hotspot the only thing that doesnt is the camera, gallery, and google music. hes waiting on a friend of a friend to develop a 3.x.x kernel because thats what ics is supposed to be run off of.

Sinisterj12

Jul 22, 2011
I was on decks pa4 and no youtube but now that i know youtube is working now on the pa5 then i'll flash to it again because it was so awesome! Alot of good work goes into getting these roms for us.

I've Been on this site for a few months now almost constantly and have learned a tremendous amount of stuff. I'm a flashaholic definitly and also have been helping co-workers and friends root and flash their phones.

generaldizzle

Aug 22, 2011
GRAND PRAIRIE
So.. Yeah i flashed ICS alpha 6. I was on 4 before i flashed 6. I followed some dudes instructions to do a factory reset then flash the rom, then gapps then boot up. I got up to hitting the button to put my gmail info in and it made the video split into 2 and i could never get past that point. I def recommend if you are going to use alpha6 to completely wipe. Wipe Dalvik cache. Then do the rom. Boot it up. Then reboot into recovery to flash gapps. Will let you guys know how its performing. Hopefully its as awesome as alpha 4. I just could never get maps working in 4.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok I thought I would start a page for everyone trying out the new beloved ICS alpha roms to talk. This way the developers can work and their pages stay clean.

I have installed the latest preview 1 plus the zip labled as hardware acceleration. plus the inivisable tweaks. This thing is running like a champ now. the keyboard is responsive. I turned off the animations and forced the 2d gpu settings. I also have v6 supercharger installed. Been running for almost 4 hours without any random reboots. 3d games will suck but the 2d ones are running good.

Is there an ICS build that works all the way?

I'm not sure what you mean by "all the way," but if you mean front facing camera, camcorder, 4G, etc.... then no. Not even close.

If you mean something that is usable as an everyday device, then yes. They are very stable, very smooth, and very fun to use. Pretty much all of them are roughly the same right now. They almost all have full hardware acceleration, camera (with some slight bugs), and are slick and stable.

My personal favorite at the moment is the latest build of the AOKP (Build 31). It is unbelievably smooth - by far the most responsive ROM my phone has ever seen. Only one reboot I believe, and that could be kernel-related because I wasn't using the stock kernel (I tried the Mason 0.14 SBC non-fso kernel, which is awesome for battery life by the way).
    Preview 4
    What I have found that works
    sms
    wifi
    1x
    3g
    Bluetooth
    calls
    gallery
    hardware acceleration
    gps
    sound
    moms
    headphones

What does not work or work correctly

camera
    4g (not that it will ever work for me Cricket does not support it)

this is all I have had time to test.

I would like to thank all the developers for all their had work. This is great so far!!

Let me preface this by saying I appreciate all the hard work all the dev's have done on these builds, and they are all pretty good in their own respects, but JaredtheGreat's ICS rom v2.3, which I'm running right now, is easily my favorite. It's running smoother for me than any of the other builds from deck or platt and I'm having absolutely no issues with fc's, etc. I'd definitely recommend trying this one out if your having any issues with the other ICS builds

:edit my mistake they do have an ics build.

The reason its so stable is that it is only a heavily themed version of 7.1. It does have a few ics features yet it is not ics. Not trying to bad mouth a good rom here but don't want anyone thinking it is something it's not.

AOKP vs. MIUI.

So I'm currently checking out AOKP to compare it to the latest MIUI where I came from. I'm using NOVA launcher for both. To begin with they're very similar (Of course coming from the same code base). Both have the same issues (Front camera, Video recording, and Netflix don't work. Buttons don't light up. Battery consumption is very high). Other than that most everything seems to work.

AOKP seems a bit faster and I do like some of the customization options they provide with ROM control. Some of these don't seem to work for me or maybe I'm doing something wrong, but anything related to the lockscreen doesn't seem to work (i.e. Lockscreen style, volume music controls, fast torch, etc).

Even with ROM Control MIUI is still ahead when it comes to customization options. Themes still don't apply correctly in MIUI and a few options are missing as compared to the last GB version. A matter of preference I guess, but I still like the MIUI dialer way better than even the latest ICS dialer.

Bottom line is right now I'm undecided whether to stay with AOKP or go back to MIUI...They're both daily driver material for me as I don't need Netflix or Camcorder on a regular basis. I'll jump on whichever release the next version first.

Edit: My battery usage was very high, but after I did Battery Calibration it seem actually pretty decent. Right now standing at 30% after 15+ hours with moderate use. Torch still doesn't work by pressing the home button.

Just a note Jared has just put up a MIUI based ICS..it's in beta so there will be some glitches..but if you like MIUI might be worth a look..it on his site blazing-rom