CM9/CM10 UNOFFICIAL Ice Cream Sandwich/ Jelly Bean for Legend

Search This thread

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
Can you say to me? what i must install to use an sd-ext он my sd-card with CM9?:confused:

there is a discussion about ext support, and download links for the scripts called app2ext and dat2sd
Here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25135076

There is another option, called s2e which I have been using for a while, how ever, the newest version on the market does not seam to be compatible with zeubeas beta1, I have been trying myself to use the new s2e 2.2.1 with nothing but trouble. I have gone back to version 1.2.0 and so far have not had any issues.

Sent from my Legend using XDA

Last edited:
Reactions: Dikks

el-Loko

Apr 10, 2011
Moto Z3 Play
fc while incoming and outgoing calls

great job, i hope it will work for me too... soon.

but right now i have fc's during incoming calls, and also when i try to call someone.
of cause i have read the posts here and tried all the things like wiping and formating, and fixing permissions. but that problem still remains.

does anyone has the same problems? and/or maybe has a solution?

thx...

edit: i receive the message com.android.phone crashes and i have to enter my pin again, and after that i should restart my phone cause of a new sim...??? but even a restart didnt solved it.

Last edited:

Tromzy

Mar 9, 2011
Orléans
OnePlus 6
Thanks a lot for this great Rom ! :)

Everything is working fine, except one thing : I'm using Go SMS as my SMS app and LED notification doesn't work... It worked on CM 7.2, is it happening to anyone else ?

Me4mario

Dec 12, 2010
Heerlen
Bootloops

I'm having kind of a big problem:

I just tried to force delete a system app with Titanium Backup, and as I did that I remembered that the app wasn't in System/App folder any longer, as I have Data2ext...
Now I get bootloops, but not the ordinary bootloops...
It fully displays the bootimage, but after that it says:
"Updating app" and straight after that it says "starting Apps".
Then my phone starts the bootimage again and again...

Any Solutions? (I forgot to make a TB backup before I did this...)

Oh, and I'm still using BETA0...

Last edited:

Dikks

Apr 26, 2012
Is it possible to make this ROM with HTC Dialer, HTC Contacts & HTC phone???

I try about 10 Dialers(exDialer, Go Contacts, Dialer One & others), but there is nothing like them on usability & design :(

dahwe

Jan 4, 2009
The Hague area
I'm having kind of a big problem:

I just tried to force delete a system app with Titanium Backup, and as I did that I remembered that the app wasn't in System/App folder any longer, as I have Data2ext...
Now I get bootloops, but not the ordinary bootloops...
It fully displays the bootimage, but after that it says:
"Updating app" and straight after that it says "starting Apps".
Then my phone starts the bootimage again and again...

Any Solutions? (I forgot to make a TB backup before I did this...)

Oh, and I'm still using BETA0...

Get a fresh copy of the apk that you deleted by extracting it from the BETA0 installation zip and push it with ADB to your device. Then I'd probably clear dalvik cache +reboot and see if it worked out. Next time you might want to consider freezing that app, instead of deleting it :p

==
Or just reinstall ROM and clear cache :)

Last edited:

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
Hehehehe, according to antutu, my legend is now the fastest legend on the list with a score of 1893@806mhz the next highest score on the list is 1891....
This is actually the highest benchmark score I've ever had on any rom I've used with my phone. :D

Last edited:

dahwe

Jan 4, 2009
The Hague area
Mine did 15xx points @787Mhz with data2ext and an ext4 partition on a class10 card.

Right now, I am reinstalling Beta1. Got so many strange things.. Superslow boot times, spontanious reboots and bad laggy multitasking (like RAM is always full). I also got sick of the "System not responding" popup each time I install/remove an app.

This time I'll switch back to Link2SD. Unfortunately, the sd-ext info is only visible in the app, but it gives proper feedback when you install or remove things and on Beta0 it was quite speedy. Hoping for the best..

Whip Jay

Apr 27, 2012
Performance: Processor: min/max CPU speed

Hi,

I flashed the beta1 version a few days ago and I have to say, it is awesome. Can't wait to see more of it. There are still a few bugs but one that weren't mentioned, when changing the minimum CPU speed to 19 MHz like on stock ROM, sometimes when I turn the screen on, it seems to be still at 19 MHz and I cannot process anything afterwards because of extreme slow speed. I then have to remove battery to reset. It happened once while a YouTube video was playing and I locked the screen and some other random times.

One more thing is the overclocking, I can't seem to be able to put my max CPU speed to 768 MHz. It freezes after a few seconds. Although it was already like that before with CM7.1 and it's kernel. Is there a way I can overclock my phone to a lower CPU speed like 724 MHz?

Thx.

Reactions: zeubea

Me4mario

Dec 12, 2010
Heerlen
Hehehehe, according to antutu, my legend is now the fastest legend on the list with a score of 1893@806mhz the next highest score on the list is 1891....
This is actually the highest benchmark score I've ever had on any rom I've used with my phone. :D

Hahah,
You've beaten a Legend on 864MHz (how in the hell did he pull that off?), so you humiliated him pretty well... :)
But when I try to start the test with 806MHz, my phone reboots...
Also, what's your card's class?
However, I'm on ExtremeLegendFuse 2 (based on CM7.1) which is quite smooth (especially in Gameloft-games, in which I now can use multitouch :D).
And I'm now on Antutu score 1661 on 787MHz, so still good...

I don't know if I'm ready to try the BETA1 CM9...
I liked the BETA0, but could you tell me what has been improved, and what's still missing/still not good?

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
Hahah,
You've beaten a Legend on 864MHz (how in the hell did he pull that off?), so you humiliated him pretty well... :)
But when I try to start the test with 806MHz, my phone reboots...
Also, what's your card's class?
However, I'm on ExtremeLegendFuse 2 (based on CM7.1) which is quite smooth (especially in Gameloft-games, in which I now can use multitouch :D).
And I'm now on Antutu score 1661 on 787MHz, so still good...

I don't know if I'm ready to try the BETA1 CM9...
I liked the BETA0, but could you tell me what has been improved, and what's still missing/still not good?

I've got a Sandisk 16GB class 4.
500mb ext3 with s2e 1.2.0.
CPU speed isn't quite every thing, there's a few other considerations, like which governor you use, and the type of I/O scheduler.
When I did my benchmark I had 806mhz, performance governor, I/O scheduler was deadline which seams to give the best results in benchmarks.
The maximum CPU speed depends greatly on the build quality of your phone, there's a lot of technical detail involved as to why. I wrote quite a large post in a thread somewhere on xda as to why, but not sure were it is now so I'll have to try and find it on my list if posts and send you the link.

Apart from not fully working video, permanently stopping all these FC'S and "X" process has stopped responding from occurring, as far as I can tell zeubeas from is pretty much compleat, not sure what's "missing"...

Whip Jay

Apr 27, 2012
Is it just me or when the phone is plugged and I'm using it, it charges very slowly. Governor on demand, min 19, max 600.

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne

Just looked at antutu device list for legend, my device is 1st and 3rd on the list, 2nd benchmark one was done with extream fuse version 1 :D

obscurer

Dec 29, 2010
- watching youtube about 15-20 min causes device reboot(hope we'll get those ARMv6 codecs)
- seems like dspmanager does not work... does it?
- slow responsiveness when calling recent apps menu slower than on beta0 I think.. It was wery fast with onscreen buttons provided by homi3kh

overall very good progress

zecralos

Feb 22, 2011
GPS problem

Hello everyone. I have one HTC Legend and I try install the new ROM
CM9 UNOFFICIAL (Ice Cream Sandwich) Android 4.0.4, but my GPS don´t work.... i don´t have any signal... so i tryed ALpha4, Alpha5, Beta0... but nothing... can someone help me?

Thanks

gianlen

Apr 14, 2012
Hello everyone. I have one HTC Legend and I try install the new ROM
CM9 UNOFFICIAL (Ice Cream Sandwich) Android 4.0.4, but my GPS don´t work.... i don´t have any signal... so i tryed ALpha4, Alpha5, Beta0... but nothing... can someone help me?

Thanks

I have the same problem, but I don't know which is the problem in our case.
zeubea tired of posts related to the GPS has posted a screenshot of gps lock in the development thread.
The accuracy is not high, but in my case is worst, I can only get lock enabling data and I get an accuracy of 600 meters. Too little to use GPS in the car.

In my case radio version is 47.51.35.17U_7.13.35.05, zeubea's legend has 47.26.35.04U_7.05.35.26L ...

I don't know ... I need GPS, I must return to cm7.2 for now :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Data2Ext Sript and S2E For ICS 4.04

GREAT ROM ! HARD WORK ! THANKS ZEUBEA !

Ok, here is my test with Data2Ext Scripts and S2E:

First, S2E is working great,

In Play Store, search for S2E

( Don´t install it, if you use Data2ext Script below this: )

BUT IT CAN BE BETTER WITH A Data2Ext Script:

IMG_0904.JPG

Quadrant Benchmark Score: 1250-1270 ( 825 Mhz OC ), with 787 Mhz~ 1150

Install Manual:

1. Flash data2ext2-v7.zip ( ext2 partition ) or data2ext4-v4.zip ( ext4 partition ) in recovery then restart. ( ext2 recommended )

2. Activate via adb shell or terminal:

for adb shell you have to accept it in settings of phone ( because it´s not enabled )

adb shell
    su
    data2ext --enable

or only in terminal after update:
    su
    data2ext --enable

3. Restart phone and the ext partition is in your internal memory included

4. Go again in recovery and flash the other file htc... .zip

THATS ALL ! After that restart and the Super fast ext partition is in your internal memory included :)

And so it boosts the performance.

WOW !

GREAT ROM.

THANKS ZEUBEA !

Greetings

Fabian
    Thanks for testing, but it has not got hardware acceleration yet. For testing purpose, you could overclock it up to 787 MHZ safely, and the overall performance get better notably.

Thx.

I' ve put it on. It's really laggy, but it works!

It's a good start, but if this is the best performance the legend can give, I think I won't ever change definitevly to ICS. Maybe it can be optimizated for the Legend hardware to become smoother.

Did you check if your internal storage space has increased? If not, I worked like this:
    1a. Boot into recovery-> Click "advanced" -> Click "Partition SD Card" -> (You may choose another value, but I have a 8gb card, so I clicked 1024MB) -> Click the amount of MB's you want in your Internal Storage -> Click 0MB Swap Size -> Let it be busy for a while! ( Then I did a reboot (don't know if it's required) and did the other steps)

1b. Flash data2ext2-v7.zip ( ext2 partition ) or data2ext4-v4.zip ( ext4 partition ) in recovery then restart. ( ext2 recommended )

2. Activate via adb shell or terminal:

for adb shell you have to accept it in settings of phone ( because it´s not enabled )

adb shell
    su
    data2ext --enable

or only in terminal after update:
    su
    data2ext --enable

3. Restart phone and the ext partition is in your internal memory included

4. Go again in recovery and flash the other file htc... .zip
    It will be merge in next syncing with Cyanogenmd . Anyway, a europe server is provided and it is advised in OP you must set up your gps.conf. This update has not implies in gps overall working, although is better having it, of course.

I was wondering the same thing. In my case zeubea rom behaves like CyanogenMod 7.1 before the release of the patch linked.

Thank you zeubea