[02-01-2009]gullum Shift V0.1 WWE 5.2.20764(build20764)[Online]

Search This thread

gullum

Mar 22, 2007
Just little info about the rom:
This is how I think the SnapVue side of the shift should be.
There are some things I will remove in a next build to get more space things that are related to the Phone Bluetoothe and Wireless
I'm open for sugestions about what apps I should include other then what is already included and if you have a good enough argument I might remove some already included

whats in this rom:

Free ram after fresh reset
Storage 18 MB
Program 20 MB

CE OS 5.2.20764(build 20764.1.4.3)

SnapVue todayplug
ThumbCal
Large start menu (added larger fonts to all menus.. more fingerfriendly)
Large titlebar
Volume control
File Explore with extensions
medihub
Dshow
lockstream
MSN
Windows Live
Advanced Network manager
Netwoek Plugin

Connections:
Google Maps
GPS Tools
Internet Explorer
Internet Sharing
Opera Mini
Remote Desktop
RSS Hub
USB Tool

Games:
Bubble Breaker
Solitaire

Multimedia:
Java
Picture & Videos(Default pim)
Windows Media Player

Office
Calculator white skin
Excel
Notes
Tasks
Word

Tools:
Advanced Config
Advanced Task Manager
Pocker rar
Sim Manager
Soft Reset

Special Thanks to
hma4 - APBilbo - Cloudyfa - maxniper - itje - Laurentius26 - P1Tater - anja31 - pinobigbird - wmn79 - Duttyroy - dsixda - udk - Noonski - thaihugo
all the DEV's that have made it possible to dump,port and cook roms with their unbelivable tools
Extra special thanks to bepe for putting together some of the best tool around XDA into the DEV kitchen that I use for several devices

Last edited:

gullum

Mar 22, 2007
for updates and tricks

gues this will be helpfull

Some extra info Manila2D(TouchFLO2D) does work on Shift but some tabs wan't work in landscape. the main problem with Manila would then be that it would be hard to type on the keyboard when the window is in portrate.

to get access to Activesync if you need to setup excange sever download this cab Activesync_link.cab it will put a link in the Connections folder

Last edited:

gullum

Mar 22, 2007
I would realy aprisiate some feedback from thoese that have tried it

markusczech

Dec 30, 2008
HELP !!!!!
when I started your exe file, prompt showed up, asked me Run program or Cancel, I pushed Run and that dialog windows disapear and no more response from exe program. Any help or solution ???

Last edited:

dproldan

Dec 7, 2007
Malaga
You did a great job. I really apreciate the big buttons and controls as they improve using the Shift in my car mount.
I haven't found any bugs so far.
Thanks

sniveri

Nov 9, 2006
I didn`t found any bugs either. Some icons are crappy but that is nothing. Awesome rom, thanks!

curvyjomanjy

Oct 9, 2006
Thank you for this ROM I believe it has good collection of tools & important softwares.
I'm downloading it X will be more than happy to post suggestions & ideas.
In the meanwhile, I'm wondering what is the use of internet sharing tool? Isn't already 'the vista, connected to the internet?

thank you very much.

sniveri

Nov 9, 2006
If you are using for example Ubuntu on your shift you need internet sharing to connect to internet using 3G.

Flanimal

Apr 18, 2008
Brill

hello,
Thanks for the awesome ROM.
I agree with you totally that this is how the WM side should be - finger friendly and quick. This is my preferred ROM.

Flanimal

Apr 18, 2008
Brill

The dictionary program Merriam-Webster installs and runs great on this ROM. It is free in its trial mode.
I also installed Youtubeplay, which is a bit of a chore with the screen resolution. I might install the VGA resolution changer so that I can change resolution, as I do rather miss the extra sceen space in google maps.
I also found the screen rotation to be a handy tool, so I am going to install quick menus or something similar.

saiweb

Oct 25, 2006
Chesterfield, MO
gullum
thanks for the awesome ROM. Did you try to port XIP from the chinese RAW files that I posted in a different thread? I vaguely remember that MIC was working in that ROM. ROM version is 1.33.xxx Chinese Traditional. Even alex_time also confirmed that he saw that in his Italian ROM. He also posted the RAW files and posted the links for them in a different thread.
Thanks again
Ram

gullum

Mar 22, 2007
gullum
thanks for the awesome ROM. Did you try to port XIP from the chinese RAW files that I posted in a different thread? I vaguely remember that MIC was working in that ROM. ROM version is 1.33.xxx Chinese Traditional. Even alex_time also confirmed that he saw that in his Italian ROM. He also posted the RAW files and posted the links for them in a different thread.
Thanks again
Ram

Sorry but I havn't had time do dig realy far into the forum jet only had the shift for a week now I will do a search for this chinese rom and take a look into it. there might be other suprises in it too :D who knows.