[App] OpenTTD Android port (Transport Tycoon)

Search This thread

SHADOW-XIII

Nov 10, 2010
London
There's just first release of OpenTTD for Android. I am not an author, just wanted to inform anyone interested.
OTTD is Open Source port of 1995 game: Transport Tycoon (Deluxe) with some more or less modifications and support for addons (*.grf files).

There was just first release to Market.
Android port based on libDSL. Source code available

Please mind that it is first release, therefore:
- it might be full of bugs or possible incompatibilities. Don't expect all working perfect. It is more like 'test' version to see if it can be done and how playable (or not) it will be
- game was not designed for small screens with high resolutions (Strongly encourage to install this Big GUI addon from configuration menu when you start game)
- it is not official openttd.org release therefore it is not supported, any issues send to the market release author (or post here, I will try to help you)
- the game will download 20MB of additional files to the card/internal memory, you can download it manually from here (the latest *data archive, possibly *lang if you want, *lowmem file for less memory usage but no in-game sounds/music) and this file, install/extract all files to /sdcard/app-data/org.openttd.sdl

1157048-1290109679226.jpg
1157047-1290109679226.jpg

(2.2 MB + 20 MB)
Market Link and APK Link

Last edited:
Reactions: PNut

Technomancer

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2010
SF Bay Area
Thanks for the app! I love OpenTTD!
Is it possible to use original TTD tiles like with OpenTTD? I have the original game ;-)

Also, it looks kind of weird on Galaxy Tab. I think this is because of scaling. Galaxy Tab has 1024x600 resolution and I think your OpenTTD always runs in 800x480.

5oo

Sep 12, 2009
Won't install from market apk :(
I tried to extract files and can't find installation app..

Last edited:

5oo

Sep 12, 2009
how to install OpenTTD pls??? dosnt work when i exctract data on SD card

SHADOW-XIII

Nov 10, 2010
London
Thanks for the app! I love OpenTTD!
Is it possible to use original TTD tiles like with OpenTTD? I have the original game ;-)

Also, it looks kind of weird on Galaxy Tab. I think this is because of scaling. Galaxy Tab has 1024x600 resolution and I think your OpenTTD always runs in 800x480.
in menu go to Options, you can change your resolution setting there, not sure if you can get there something more than 860x480 in this build (that's max on my Nexus One), if not let me know I will pass it to the author but PC build can go any resolutions

Won't install from market apk :(
I tried to extract files and can't find installation app..
how to install OpenTTD pls??? dosnt work when i exctract data on SD card

if you had non-market build of OpenTTD then market one will fail, uninstall before trying market one.
and the best if you let it to download necessary files automatically, but if you cannot then get openttd-data-4.zip files from http://sourceforge.net/projects/libsdl-android/files_beta/OpenTTD/ (remember not to choose in start settings any additional downloads) and extract files to /sdcard/app-data/org.openttd.sdl, also remember to get libsdl-DownloadFinished-0.flag file before starting and put it in same directory

Last edited:

DarkDvr

May 30, 2007
Finally, a REAL game on Android! So many days spent playing this time-killer =)
I hope development continues, this is a game you can play for a year, on-and-off, and it only gets more fun.
Looking forward to a full port!

5oo

Sep 12, 2009
Ok so I just downloaded and extracted all files to same directory but how to install it from there
i have all in this /sdcard/openttd and what next??? dont know how to install that or what to do,,,
thank you for your help!!!

Last edited:

SHADOW-XIII

Nov 10, 2010
London
Ok so I just downloaded and extracted all files to same directory but how to install it from there
i have all in this /sdcard/openttd and what next??? dont know how to install that or what to do,,,
thank you for your help!!!
you install APK + extract the files I gave and that's it - when you start the game you will be able to configure settings and game will start

5oo

Sep 12, 2009
Last edited:

SHADOW-XIII

Nov 10, 2010
London
OK, let's review installation step by step:

This installation steps is only for people who are not really able to download 20MB with their phones.

1) Install game from either here or the Market
2) Don't start the game yet (or it will try download automatically using your network)
3) Get this file and extract it to your SD card to /app-data/org.openttd.sdl/ (create folders when needed)
4) Get this file and save inside your SD card to /app-data/org.openttd.sdl/ (directories should be there if you follow from the beginning)
5) Now you can Start game, when you run it you will see a button to configure game settings with SDL background, choose to configure it but do not download anything extra (like MIDI support/Localization files, you can do it later). If you choose not to configure, then it will start after few seconds (can press SDL background in some cases)
6) Finished

If your phone is low on ram memory (less than 200MB) then use this file when downloading in step 3.

5oo

Sep 12, 2009
I downloaded apk and app is not installed so actually I can't install this game and I don't know why? It can be because of SD card ?

KLoNe1

Jun 28, 2010
Brisbane
You have GOT to be kidding me. This is FANTASTIC news!!!!!

God, Android just gets better and better! :D:D:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There's just first release of OpenTTD for Android. I am not an author, just wanted to inform anyone interested.
    OTTD is Open Source port of 1995 game: Transport Tycoon (Deluxe) with some more or less modifications and support for addons (*.grf files).

There was just first release to Market.
    Android port based on libDSL. Source code available

Please mind that it is first release, therefore:
    - it might be full of bugs or possible incompatibilities. Don't expect all working perfect. It is more like 'test' version to see if it can be done and how playable (or not) it will be
    - game was not designed for small screens with high resolutions (Strongly encourage to install this Big GUI addon from configuration menu when you start game)
    - it is not official openttd.org release therefore it is not supported, any issues send to the market release author (or post here, I will try to help you)
    - the game will download 20MB of additional files to the card/internal memory, you can download it manually from here (the latest *data archive, possibly *lang if you want, *lowmem file for less memory usage but no in-game sounds/music) and this file, install/extract all files to /sdcard/app-data/org.openttd.sdl

1157048-1290109679226.jpg
    1157047-1290109679226.jpg

(2.2 MB + 20 MB)
    Market Link and APK Link
    press and hold mouse cursor over disk icon, popup menu will show below and there is quit option