[Challenge] BEST headset / earphone / headphone up to €50 MAX.

Search This thread

Solaris_irc

Feb 28, 2007
Merida
I would be really nice to have a guide for hifi audio like the sgs deserves.

Here is an earlier thread about the same on this forum, maybe it would be better to merge them in to one.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1734310

Right now i have 7 pairs of headphones, 2 sennheiser, 2 ifrogz, 2 koss and the samsung ones that came with the phone that i never use :p

And the porta pro from koss have a superb sound for the price also considered the audiophile training wells at hydrogenaudio forums :D

Also they are hi impedance at 60ohmns.
fone-koss.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

betoNL

Nah...I started this thread last year as a simple challenge and to show that you don't need abusivelly priced headsets in order to achieve high performance

Furthermore, the op of that thread could have posted here instead of starting a new thread, if he wanted.
But IF he doesn't mind paying tons of money in order to get the best headphone/set possible, perhaps this thread is not for him..

This thread is not intended to be an audio guide for the sgs, but only a quest for a good and not too expensive headset

The headphone I proposed on first post is still kicking it....

But my sgs is collecting dust right now...

Specially after I got awesome BEATS equalizer running on my GNote .

Last edited:

combathero

Nov 10, 2009
I use Superlux HD-660 with impendance of 150 ohms and it is perfectly fine for my galaxy S with voodoo sound set between -5 to 0 analog gain

veskop

Jul 21, 2012
I use this JVC HA-S350B

3-way foldable
Sleek piano black finish
Comfortable cushioned head band
Twistable housing for one ear monitoring
sensitivity:110dB/mW
nominal impedance:32 ohms
Frequency response:12-24,000Hz
Driver unit: 30mm
Cord length: 3.94ft
Maximum input capability:1000mW(IEC)
Weight 3.21 oz
Gold plated plug

unrealboot1

Sep 10, 2009
Ummm...it would be a whole lot better to write AFTER you have tested them out. Then you could tell us about them.

You've already ordered, so asking opinion now is a bit late.

well i can still cancel the order if i want they are coming in a few more days. but i read good things about them so im so confident they are good that im going through with them. they are like the beats but the beats sound quality is crap i tried it and compare with other headphones and its a rip off too

unrealboot1

Sep 10, 2009
I just got my noontec zoros. They are amazing. Sound quality is much better than the beats. Everything is good about them. The only bad points are: noise isolation is good but not the best but good enough, and sound quality is not upto par with my creative fatal1ty's which i got for 25 quid, but its about 85% there which is good enough, on the same scale beats rank about 50% there. Thats what makes me angry cos i almost bought the beats, stupid rip off Dre.

manc0ntr0

Aug 2, 2011
I use this for many many years, they are still with me. Sound perfect.

In my country, about 25-30€

Sorry but I can't link a photo.

MDR-ED21LP

Driver Unit : 16mm
Frequency Response : 8-23,000Hz
Impedance : 16 ohms
Sensitivity (db) : 108dB/mW
Power Handling Capacity : 50mW
Design : Earbud
Diaphragm : PET
Magnet : Neodymium
Plug : Nickel-plated, L-shaped stereo mini plug
Type of Use : Portable
Cord : Y-shape
Headphone Type : Open-air, Dynamic
Cord Length (Approx.) : 3.3 ft (1.0m)
Weight (Approx.) : .21 oz (5g) -without cord

randomtext

Jun 26, 2012
Manila
Those SoundMagic got a narrow frequency response (20 - 22) meaning sound is quite flat

Thanks for your input anyway

I got em - they're far from flat. The iems tend to be a bit dark, have flat mids, then sloping highs. A little eq helps. For what you pay for them they work wonders, especially if you come from stock.

Sent from my leaky kitchen sink

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JVC HA-FX1 Extreme Explosive Bass
    27640.JPG

Frequency Response 5-23,000Hz!:D
    10mm large diaphragm neodymium driver units and Extreme Deep Basse Ports deliver ultimate bass sound
    Rubber protectors for body durability
    Superior sound isolation
    Comfortable fit with ergonomic contoured form and three sizes of silicone ear-pieces
    2.6mm-thick and robust 1.2m pure copper cable (Y-type)
    Special hard carrying case included
    S/M/L silicone ear-pieces included
    Gold-plated 3.5mm stereo straight plug
    iPod, iphone and iPad compatible
    I guess that everything is about the role of every specification, for instance, i always searched for a headset with high sensitivity and in this field the AKG headsets/phones are the leader.

But what impendance means exactly? Cause the Koss Portapro you mentioned got the higher value of them all, but is that a good thing or bad? Specially for in-ear headsets......

If you want you can PM some good links and I will post them for you

Thanks

To be quite honest I really dont know what the majority of those terms mean in terms of headphones. I just assumed most of you knew what you were talking about so I decided to include those values :p my apologies

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but:

Frequency Response: Basically the range of a headset. To what extent it can produce frequencies on both high and low ends.(Bass and Treble)

Impedance: From my understanding, impedance is somewhat related to resistance. the higher the impedance, the lower the maximum volume possible and vice-versa. But high quality headphones boast high impedance values. I suppose this can mean less possible noise and clearer sound quality overall.

As for the Koss portapros, they are headphones. Not in-ear plugs.extremely comfortable, and sometimes I even forget I'm wearing them. Good sound overall
    Well, the essence of this thread , to find the best value earphone, which is a difficult task, specially on this budget, but not impossible....

Hard to say, but we can at least compare the specs:

So while the more expensive Denon got just a little wider frequency response, the AKG got higher sensitivity/Impedance, but once again, quite a good frequency response for a headphone with that price !

And the K430, also comes with a case. extra adapter and got a volume slider!

Just wanted to say that, at least in the case of headphones, the specs matters very very little . (Especially the freq response).

Best value ? Easy answer: SoundMagic PL30 !
    http://mp4nation.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=294

Those are better than everything else I have tried under 60€.

If you don't like IEMs, Sennheiser PX100 are of great value also.

For 20 bucks, I agree that PL30, is really good , [ I own one] especially if you are not too fond of bass-heavy earphones. But, there will surely be quite a few phones better than it in sub-50 $ range, I believe. Brainwavz M2 trumps PL30 , IMO.
    for me, im quite satisfied with the sony mdr-ex50

Frequency Response 5-23,000Hz
    Impedance 16ohms at 1kHz
    Magnet Neodymium
    Sensitivity 100dB/mW
    Power Handling Capacity 100mW
    I'm using the klipsch s4 image
    And i just can recommend them
    The best headphones i've ever head
    You can get them in amazon for 50 up to 60€
    Why pay 60€?
    Because they can even compete with headphones that cost up to 200€

I think the klipsch s5 have the same drivers and i think they cost about 120-150€
    I think that says all

But it's pretty hard to recommend headphones for other people because everyone hears different(i know it sounds weird).

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App