All things Apple Vs. Samsung

Search This thread

seansc144

Jul 6, 2008
Brooklyn
I have been using Android for almost two years haha sure it doesn't sound like much but in the technological age it is like two decades. I have learned a lot in those 2 years too :) I started off with the HTC Aria, then went to the HTC Sensation and finally the S3. I love everything about this phone and I never liked Apple products from day one just because of the fact that you have to use iTunes for everything.

People are always complaining how they have to use it yet they love Apple products. I enjoy the fact that I can just plug my phone into any of my computers and just drag music in. I don't have to worry about any software. I love all of Apple's designs and their marketing. They have done a brilliant job at it. I want to try using an iPhone one day before I continue to bash it but I am not sure if I can find the heart to switch.

Are you in my mind;):beer::beer:

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda app-developers app

Wahlburg

Jan 21, 2013
Dallas
Both phones have their pros and cons. If you are a more technologically advanced person, the Samsung Phones are for you, if you want a simple phone that does everything a smartphone should do, the iPhone is the phone for you. I personally am an Android user due to the fact I prefer the vast customization the Android OS has to offer.

seansc144

Jul 6, 2008
Brooklyn
Re: All things Apple Vs. Samsunng

Both phones have their pros and cons. If you are a more technologically advanced person, the Samsung Phones are for you, if you want a simple phone that does everything a smartphone should do, the iPhone is the phone for you. I personally am an Android user due to the fact I prefer the vast customization the Android OS has to offer.

I totally agree:beer::beer: the Iphone is too simple for me.

Sent. go from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Cobra281

Mar 9, 2009

same here. also, i prefer the interface of android and it's plethora of widgets, home screens, feature-rich status bar, etc. i have plenty of friends, like many, who have the iphone- and some stuff i do on my phone, for example, playing ps1 and n64 games with a ps3 controller with the sixaxis controller app, always amazes them.

i think this video summed it up quite nicely, while pissing off a lot of apple fan boys;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMiY1kSTHZw

Reactions: LoopDoGG79

i9100g user

Dec 18, 2011
Iphone? hmm...
u7u6upep.jpg
a5e9u8yg.jpg

sent from an Galaxy s3 GT I9300
Running perseus kernel 6 , XELLA 4.1.2 leaked build
anyone can tell me what this thread is:D? xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1784401

Tony_Aldo

Nov 19, 2011
Went from G2X ( amazing phone btw ) to iPhone 4s now back to Galaxy s3 and I'm more than happy. Hardware wise it beats iPhone by leaps and bounds, zero restrictions it feels like. Software wise also you have amazing choices when it comes to sharing between apps and interacting with the hardware. My biggest gripe, which i'm sure extends from the development tools that are given is unification between apps. You have apps that are poorly coded and designed as if it belongs on the original gameboy and then you have beautiful apps such as USA Today, Spotify, Pintrest etc. Graphics wise things are kind of awkward. But man I'm more than happy that I switched.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It is so obvious that Apple is now playing catch up its ridiculous. When Apple announced the original iPhone it truly was revolutionary. It’s success was due to a new fresh look at technology along with the outstanding poker face, salesmanship and charisma that Steve Jobs had. Apple was able to maintain their market domination because of him and because of the seamless operating system in which the phone operated on. Now that Jobs is no longer here, the iPhone is behind the times in this ever evolving technology savvy world we live in. The best in screen resolution on a smaller phone wont cut it for me. A sapphire lens does nothing for me. An extra row of stupid icons does nothing for me…. I want to personalize a device to my liking. I want information without having to open an app. I want to do what I want, not what someone tells me what I want. The lack of NFC, widgets, and innovation in the iPhone 5 is utterly disappointing. This is the world of today, and there are more people getting on that boat that there are off of it. Apple can boast all they want about having a faster processor, but until they put it to the true test of multitasking and something other than just icons on the homescreen, it’s a moot point.
    I am sure everyone is tired of every other thread is another variation of this suit or some bit of news. All news, theories, arguments and complaints about it are to go here. I will be locking all the other threads on this subject.
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
    coming after our phone next.....? U already have the phone, its not like they can come pry it out ur hands or Force ur carrier to stop supporting it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Well i read somewhere that the trial for "our" phone is set for sometime in 2014 so by that time I'll have moved on the to S4 lol. But I agree apple is so scared of samsung that instead of making there product better, they try to kill the competition....

found the link:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443618604577624410538954138.html
    coming after our phone next.....? U already have the phone, its not like they can come pry it out ur hands or Force ur carrier to stop supporting it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

<sigh> Thank you Capt. Obvious.
    We do have to give Apple credit where credit is due. They defined the mobile industry just over 5 years ago with the launch of the iphone. A large touchscreen phone with few buttons is still the form factor everyone is using 5 years later. Thanks Apple :thumbs up:

However, android launched 2 years later in 2009 and in just 3 years has added a huge amount of features and improvements. The biggest problem with apple is its meant to be simple, intuitive, and in doing so is locked down. basically 0 customization; and the one thing that apple has really had going for it in the past, excellent hardware, has been out shined in this latest generation of phones.

In the end i have never owned an iphone and most likely never will.