[Q] Rooting ZTE Majesty

Search This thread

brekstar

Jun 26, 2013
St. Paul
Just lost another battle to Z4ROOT 3.5.1.0....Tricky bastard tho. Only root for a brief while...Doesn't stick??? Oh well Trying Eroot now, thanks for the help!

Reactions: Sparkster691

Sparkster691

Oct 14, 2013
I just tried eRoot, but it didn't work. The closest thing that works is Cydia Impactor =/ but it doesn't stay. And once you try to use Lucky Patch, Titanium backup, or even restart, the root goes away.

_Skare_krow

Jun 17, 2013
I did find and remove a program called rootchecker off my majesty. Still can't root but I'm surprised they have an app loaded that checks and removes root access running that can be un-installed.

_Skare_krow

Jun 17, 2013
I've seen that the nextbook tablet can be hacked using a local google signed update, I wonder if the same thing could be done if they could dl the firmware?

thelology

Nov 21, 2013
ZTE Majesty

well i was able to root it, again not permanently after reboot, but its rooted. I booted the zte into safe mode by holding down power and both volume buttons, ran impactor 0.9.12 and it was able to install superSu. You can then there after reboot the device and run the same thing in normal user mode. Eventually after a few hours i believe it eventually gives you a mount read only system error, but just run it again in safe mode then normal user mode and it resolves it. Haven't figured out a permanent root process yet, but im working on it! So feel free to try it out.

Attachments

• Impactor_0.9.12.zip
    9.8 MB · Views: 1,269

_Skare_krow

Jun 17, 2013
well i was able to root it, again not permanently after reboot, but its rooted. I booted the zte into safe mode by holding down power and both volume buttons, ran impactor 0.9.12 and it was able to install superSu. You can then there after reboot the device and run the same thing in normal user mode. Eventually after a few hours i believe it eventually gives you a mount read only system error, but just run it again in safe mode then normal user mode and it resolves it. Haven't figured out a permanent root process yet, but im working on it! So feel free to try it out.

Is there a way to turn on fastboot support using adb once it's rooted? Will CWM install with this root?

thelology

Nov 21, 2013
zte

Is there a way to turn on fastboot support using adb once it's rooted? Will CWM install with this root?

I was able to get barnacle wifi tether to work with it, im testing to see how long the root lasts for, so far at least 30 mins, if clockworkmod needs root it will work. As for fastboot, you could try the impactor, i really havent tried it yet, just focusing on root atm.

ZonEnder90

Nov 22, 2013
ZTE Majesty/Savvy Rooting

I'm still fresh to rooting and modding, but I wanted to ask, since the phone can be temporarily rooted only. When you have full access would down grading to 4.0 work, and if so would that make rooting it any easier? Or does it depend on the phone? I've tried most of the options shown here on the forum and like all of you nothing. Is there any point in trying to down grade? Is there any software that needs to be removed? Sorry if I'm wrong or asking too many questions.

thelology

Nov 21, 2013
zte

I'm still fresh to rooting and modding, but I wanted to ask, since the phone can be temporarily rooted only. When you have full access would down grading to 4.0 work, and if so would that make rooting it any easier? Or does it depend on the phone? I've tried most of the options shown here on the forum and like all of you nothing. Is there any point in trying to down grade? Is there any software that needs to be removed? Sorry if I'm wrong or asking too many questions.

thats a good question im really pretty new to the rooting process..but ya know that might not be a bad idea, so are you saying i should use CWM to downgrade the software? im really not positive and dont want to brick my phone in the process, so maybe we need a new thread??

ZonEnder90

Nov 22, 2013
ZTE Majesty/Savvy Rooting

thats a good question im really pretty new to the rooting process..but ya know that might not be a bad idea, so are you saying i should use CWM to downgrade the software? im really not positive and dont want to brick my phone in the process, so maybe we need a new thread??

If possible, I'm hoping someone else with more experience sees this and can offer advice. But I just got the ZTE Savvy, I had an LG Optimus Logic and OMG that thing took forever but SRSRoot worked for that but it was Ginger Bread. I haven't tried anything with Jelly Bean. But is 4.0 easier to work with? If it down grades wouldn't it lose the security features it had in 4.1.2? Cause it you flash/run 4.0 it should boot as 4.0 and not re-boot into 4.1.2, I'm just tossing ideas at this point, if I had a back up phone I'd play with it more so then I am now. But so far I've had nothing work.

thelology

Nov 21, 2013
Zte majesty

If possible, I'm hoping someone else with more experience sees this and can offer advice. But I just got the ZTE Savvy, I had an LG Optimus Logic and OMG that thing took forever but SRSRoot worked for that but it was Ginger Bread. I haven't tried anything with Jelly Bean. But is 4.0 easier to work with? If it down grades wouldn't it lose the security features it had in 4.1.2? Cause it you flash/run 4.0 it should boot as 4.0 and not re-boot into 4.1.2, I'm just tossing ideas at this point, if I had a back up phone I'd play with it more so then I am now. But so far I've had nothing work.

I understand what youre saying, but i think id prefer to keep jelly bean on the phone root it and unlock some other features, so im still playing with it downloaded all the files and digging through them currently, trying to find booleans that i can change for an easy fix or viewing applications that are running to determine which one is preventing a permanent root, Im sure it wouldnt be an issue to install ginger bread on the device, I'm strill trying to figure out how the actual dalvik software works in conjunction with the operating system. i feel like a NOOB!! Hopefully you were able to at least root it with the impactor i uploaded, if not this is the exact steps.

1.power off phone
2. power on while holding the center of the volume button, until you see the password lock screen with safe mode at the bottom.
3.. on your pc make sure impactor is not open before you plug in the android to the pc.
4. plug usb to pc( debugging should be disabled for adb to work)
5 open up impactor.exe
6.click start( if you dont see any boxes pop up everything went ok, if you get errors, reboot the phone into safemode again.follow steps 1 -6)
7.power off phone
8. without booting into safe mode perform steps 3 - 6
9 check root( again if you dont see any boxes pop up after its done its good to go for about 30 mins.until supersu is uninstalled by the wiper app integrated into jelly bean.

**UPDATE PERMANENT ROOT IN SAFE MODE LOL***

Last edited:
Reactions: Chance Nichols

thelology

Nov 21, 2013
ZTE Majesty

I understand what youre saying, but i think id prefer to keep jelly bean on the phone root it and unlock some other features, so im still playing with it downloaded all the files and digging through them currently, trying to find booleans that i can change for an easy fix or viewing applications that are running to determine which one is preventing a permanent root, Im sure it wouldnt be an issue to install ginger bread on the device, I'm strill trying to figure out how the actual dalvik software works in conjunction with the operating system. i feel like a NOOB!! Hopefully you were able to at least root it with the impactor i uploaded, if not this is the exact steps.

1.power off phone
2. power on while holding the center of the volume button, until you see the password lock screen with safe mode at the bottom.
3.. on your pc make sure impactor is not open before you plug in the android to the pc.
4. plug usb to pc( debugging should be disabled for adb to work)
5 open up impactor.exe
6.click start( if you dont see any boxes pop up everything went ok, if you get errors, reboot the phone into safemode again.follow steps 1 -6)
7.power off phone
8. without booting into safe mode perform steps 3 - 6
9 check root( again if you dont see any boxes pop up after its done its good to go for about 30 mins.until supersu is uninstalled by the wiper app integrated into jelly bean.

**UPDATE PERMANENT ROOT IN SAFE MODE LOL***

heres an updated cydia impactor 0.9.14 with the new superuser 3.1.3 works pretty good, I had to load it on my own server the upload on here is giving me issues so here it is GEEKQUO.COM, just copy and paste that in the browser. So far its lasted longer than the last, still trying to figure out permanent, im also thinking on making an apk that uses cydia impactor directly from the sd card, a portable version would be perfect in the meantime, until a permanent root process is found, just incase youre out and about.

P.S I didnt even originally try this one in safe mode, just booted up and installed, of course if you have an issue just follow the directions above.

thelology

Nov 21, 2013
heres an updated cydia impactor 0.9.14 with the new superuser 3.1.3 works pretty good, I had to load it on my own server the upload on here is giving me issues so here it is GEEKQUO.COM, just copy and paste that in the browser. So far its lasted longer than the last, still trying to figure out permanent, im also thinking on making an apk that uses cydia impactor directly from the sd card, a portable version would be perfect in the meantime, until a permanent root process is found, just incase youre out and about.

P.S I didnt even originally try this one in safe mode, just booted up and installed, of course if you have an issue just follow the directions above.

UPDATE** Got rid of the majesty, downgraded to the galaxy centura, permanent root Poot method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2348559 !! Good luck i started reading about Elf and relro and threw majesty to the android gods!!

philmiami

May 13, 2011
Miami
I too got rid of my ZTE Majesty.
Walmart black Friday got the Samsung Galaxy S3 VERIZON edition and rooted it and I am good to go.
I would not have spent $399 on one for Straight Talk but for the $299....well I weighed how good the ZTE performed for me on the road and I always kept coming to the conclusion that if my MetroPCS Galaxy S3 would have worked on 4G (T-mo) or even 3G while roaming on Sprint (I get 1X and voice/text only) I would not have spent the money BUT I like my S3 and wanted the same while on the road. So 3G is not so bad on Straight Talk with unlimited voice/text and 2.5GB data, it will be better than the ZTE in my opinion.
So in the end I am out the $160 I paid to Straight Talk for it but much happier with another SG3.
I have a Samsung SCH-S738C and the ZTE Majesty to get rid of. So if someone is interested PM me. Both for 2 c-notes. Come as a package deal.
philmiami

Chance Nichols

Aug 10, 2013
New Orleans
ZTE z750c Savvy

I was wondering if you would know, since you have discovered how to root your ZTE device, how to root the ZTE Savvy a.k.a. ZTE z750c. If could show or tell me i would appriciate it very much. thank you

cloverasx

Jan 15, 2012
Evansville, IN
Following up by a month or so on the thread, I just attempted oneclickroot's software to see if it had been updated as of late but it still does not work. I assume, since it seems to be a phone that most people wouldn't buy, it won't be kept up on as much as others. However I'd love to see root on this phone if nothing more than to remove the bloatware and allow this phone to function at a decent speed.

Bump.

kotarou1

Jan 11, 2014
Following up by a month or so on the thread, I just attempted oneclickroot's software to see if it had been updated as of late but it still does not work. I assume, since it seems to be a phone that most people wouldn't buy, it won't be kept up on as much as others. However I'd love to see root on this phone if nothing more than to remove the bloatware and allow this phone to function at a decent speed.

Bump.

I don't know if you guys know this but I was playing with the temp root and I did find out you can edit the settings.db in /data/data i forget the rest of the path but it seems the you can edit the SQLITE databases and the changes stick after reboot though i kinda wonna know how you can fastboot with the zte majesty ive been looking all over for details because it seems the bootloader is locked ;(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone! New here. I just got my new ZTE Majesty from Straight Talk yesterday and I hear its a relatively new phone out on the market. But, ever since yesterday I have been trying to get this darn thing rooted, but I have had no success. I've tried Motochoper, z4Root, SRSRoot, Unlock Root and a few more I can't remember. I don't get what is up with this phone, but it seems almost impossible. It's like there is something missing. I can glitch z4Root to get it to stay for a little bit... but it's barely functional. It goes away anyway.

I am running Android 4.1.2, if that has to do with anything. If anyone needs more information to help me, please do ask. I've been at work over this for the past 26 hours and it's making my brain melt.

Thanks so much. And again, if this is in the wrong section, somebody please move it. At least that way I know I'll get more hits on this problem! =)
    Bump!

I'm really sorry for bumping, but I have to try to keep this at the top and not hidden away and forgotten. I have tried a few more methods (probably more dangerous methods) that also didn't work. I have posted elsewhere about rooting this phone but I haven't found anyone who can do it. Thanks so much. I know there is someone out there who can help! =D
    ZTE Majesty Z796C

For the simple face that this phone came out in Sept 2013, it's no wonder why an exploit hasn't been found. Also, to complicate things, it's running Android 4.1.2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've found, this is a particularly difficult one to crack. I found a video online but the root doesn't stick. When it reboots, it's gone. Very frustrating. If anyone has anything, please let me know. Can't stand not owning my device...

BTW, it does indeed have dual core processor at 1.2 GHz.
    Crazy ZTE

Wow do they really have this phone locked! I've tried everything under the sun to ROOT this device....NO GO!!!!.....Man this is kinda fun. I really do like a good challenge...
    Try This :)

Hey everyone! New here. I just got my new ZTE Majesty from Straight Talk yesterday and I hear its a relatively new phone out on the market. But, ever since yesterday I have been trying to get this darn thing rooted, but I have had no success. I've tried Motochoper, z4Root, SRSRoot, Unlock Root and a few more I can't remember. I don't get what is up with this phone, but it seems almost impossible. It's like there is something missing. I can glitch z4Root to get it to stay for a little bit... but it's barely functional. It goes away anyway.

I am running Android 4.1.2, if that has to do with anything. If anyone needs more information to help me, please do ask. I've been at work over this for the past 26 hours and it's making my brain melt.

Thanks so much. And again, if this is in the wrong section, somebody please move it. At least that way I know I'll get more hits on this problem! =)

Try This Guide! Visit My Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2470487

& Hit THANKS :)