[Beta][Updated 8/22/12!] Google Now for the Atrix 2 (With Voice Search!!)!!!!

Search This thread

seedoubleyou

Jul 4, 2009
Ok, thanks. It did work perfect, and voice works, not exactly like CM10/JB but close and good enough!

I used this zip on my wife's Inspire as well. That's not even running full ICS, but a modded 2.3.5 kernel (i think) with ICS somehow on top, and it works perfectly. So to answer your question, yes. I would imagine there are many branches of the original thread out there now.

kindacrazyazn

Oct 18, 2010
Bay Area, CA
Is it normal for Google Voice Search to force close? If not what am i doing wrong. I installed per the directions that you listed above. do we need to clear cache as well or just dalvik cache?

kindacrazyazn

Oct 18, 2010
Bay Area, CA
Which app? The Google now voice search or the stock voice search app? What exactly happens when you launch it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

So I will have google now opened but when I try to use the stock voice on it force close. Let me try to install it again and maybe that will fix the problem. But I pretty much lost all function of using voice search.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

seedoubleyou

Jul 4, 2009
So I will have google now opened but when I try to use the stock voice on it force close. Let me try to install it again and maybe that will fix the problem. But I pretty much lost all function of using voice search.

This is a known issue, with a fix...check your language and input settings...you should have two google voice input options, you want the first(top), not the second...

Also, make sure under output you have google text to speech for your default text engine or you will see FCs. Your voice input prompt should be black, not white.

I personally had another tts engine and it was also causing the FCs....the new engine is fantastic anyway and much better than Ivona or any others you previous needed with 2.x

once you make those adjustments you should be good to go...

thcue

So i just tried to install it again, and when the phone reboots the phone shows "unfortunately voice search has stopped" and every time i try to open it says the same thing. I haven't even opted to use google now too.

I'm having the same problems as you also.

Did the above picked the top Google voice typing and made sure Google was the output.

*Currently using CM9 4.0.4

marquavious

Feb 9, 2011
So i just tried to install it again, and when the phone reboots the phone shows "unfortunately voice search has stopped" and every time i try to open it says the same thing. I haven't even opted to use google now too.

Go to the Google market and uninstall voice search or either go to settings>> apps >>> and find voice search. Uninstall it. No this shouldn't effect anything

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warning: This is only for users who are DEODXED ( ie. Running SCV7) AND on ICS!
    Good day to All!!
    I can confirm that Google Now works on the Atrix 2!!!

Give a thanks to seedoubleyou for finding the original zip from the 300+ page google now port thread!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bloatware Remover!
    This is HIGHLY recommend to flash before installing Google Now. This zip will free up a lot of system space to make more room for the google now installation avoiding many errors.
    This will MOVE the following apps to /data/app
    Google Plus
    Gmail
    Facebook
    Flashplayer
    Warning: You will loose any app data associated with these apps!

DOWNLOAD BLOATWARE REMOVER
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Google Now Version 10!
    Update 8/22/2012!
    In v10 some minor bugs were fixed... links should open more readily and the notifications should appear more often!
    This is a NEAR PERFECT working version!
    NEW INSTALL Instructions:
    You MUST INSTALL V7 FIRST then V9!!
    1.) Place google now v7-farshad525hou.zip and Google Now v10 on sdcard
    2.) Reboot into BOOTMENU
    3.) Wipe Dalvik Cache
    4.) Install Zip
    5.) Reboot
    6.) THEN reboot back into bootmenu
    7.) Install V9
    8.)Reboot!
    DOWNLOAD GOOGLE NOW INSTALLER V7
    DOWNLOAD GOOGLE NOW INSTALLER V10
    Thanks for Clicking Thanks!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Google Now Remover
    For those who do not like the bugs of Google Now I have a zip that will delete it and restore the original ICS search.
    Instructions for installing are the same as above:
    DOWNLOAD GOOGLE NOW REMOVER
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    A HUGE THANKS to the the developers on this thread for porting Google Now! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1747224
    A Huge thanks to seedoubleyou for pointing me to the original thread!
    A Huge thanks to cogeary for helping me create flashable zips and taking the time to troubleshoot!!!!
    Updated OP with v10! Couple of minor fixes.. such as more often notifications and fixing some bugs with opening links!
    Just curious, is there any change from v7 to v9.1 other then the updated velvet.apk? Just wondering if I could drop the 9.1 velvet apk into the v7 zip and flash that? Thanks for all your work :)

Its just the apk. You can just drop the V9 apk into V7. Why do you need to do that though ?

Sent from my MB865 using xda app-developers app
    Why do I keep having problems?! My problem now is after installing it and I try to do voice search it just sits there with some dots and doesn't do the search.

First try this and report back:
    1.)Open a file maneger (ES File explorer should do... or try Solid Explorer which is way better in my opinion!)
    2.) Navigate to system/usr/srec and make sure that both folders there (config and en-US) have their permissions set to drwxr-xr-x or looks like this

LxiR2.png

3.) If it doesn't change it, if it does leave it alone.
    4.) Reboot into bootmenu
    5.) Go to advanced---> Fix permissions
    6.) Reboot
    IF THAT doesn't work try below and report back

1.) Flash the Google Now Remover
    2.) Reboot
    3.) Wipe Dalvik
    4.) Flash Google Now v7
    5.) Reboot
    6.)Flash Google Now v9
    I am on v7 so do i need to clear the prev version and then install the v8??

No... V8 will overwrite the files from v7

Sent from my MB865 using xda app-developers app