T-Mobile stock firmware!

Search This thread

msewidan

Nov 14, 2010
Anecdotal evidence suggests yes, as anyone with a corrupted IMEI could get internet access using a phone/internet service SIM card for around 30 minutes, then was blocked. As soon as they restored their original nv_data.bin file, they became instantly blocked from the internet.[/QUOTE]

I have this corrupted IMEI for three weeks now. I have voice and edge on tmob, no probkems so far! Wouldnt a master factory reset return everything to iys original state?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

maniac3389

Jan 30, 2007
rotohammer: Which Tab do you use as your primary? I saw that you have the Bell i9000 modem on yours in your sig. (I just installed it on my AT&T Tab and now have HSPA enabled)

xspeed9190

Jan 22, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Anecdotal evidence suggests yes, as anyone with a corrupted IMEI could get internet access using a phone/internet service SIM card for around 30 minutes, then was blocked. As soon as they restored their original nv_data.bin file, they became instantly blocked from the internet
I have this corrupted IMEI for three weeks now. I have voice and edge on tmob, no probkems so far! Wouldnt a master factory reset return everything to iys original state?

how exactly did the NV_DATA become corrupted. Is it possible to replicate?

Last edited:

msewidan

Nov 14, 2010
how exactly did the NV_DATA become corrupted. Is it possible to replicate?

I used a method to unlock the network, that deletes a file that gives u a generic IMEI and SN. To tell u the truth so far I dont see what the big deal. Everyyhing is working fine, and I dont have any blocking issues or market issues... But I thought if there is a way to fix it, why not ?

rotohammer

Jan 2, 2007
New Jersey
rotohammer: Which Tab do you use as your primary? I saw that you have the Bell i9000 modem on yours in your sig. (I just installed it on my AT&T Tab and now have HSPA enabled)

Right now my AT&T Tab is my primary, as I'm using my Nexus One SIM in it. But theres no way in hell that I'm going to continue to pay AT&T their inflated price anymore for inferior 3G.

I ordered a new Simple Mobile SIM which I will port my AT&T number to, then switch to using the T-Mobile tab. I'll write a small script to switch radios on the fly for when I really need 3G until I get a voice/3g capable modem going. I'm on wifi 90% of the day.

maxtcee

Jan 25, 2009
South Jerz
Right now my AT&T Tab is my primary, as I'm using my Nexus One SIM in it. But theres no way in hell that I'm going to continue to pay AT&T their inflated price anymore for inferior 3G.

I ordered a new Simple Mobile SIM which I will port my AT&T number to, then switch to using the T-Mobile tab. I'll write a small script to switch radios on the fly for when I really need 3G until I get a voice/3g capable modem going. I'm on wifi 90% of the day.

is there anyway to make a script using att tab with tmobile sim to get 3g?

raqball

Jun 21, 2010
New York
@ rotohammer

You sir, are the MAN!!!!!! Thanks so much for this, it worked like a charm!

You ROCK!!!!!!!

Buck Shot

Mar 2, 2010
i dont have a tab quite yet but will soon. Once I do, Im a need to be schooled on flashing these items and the Tab lingo. I have decent knowledge of rooting and flashing things and what not. Seems like devs like Roto are doing great things

xue2ye

Nov 28, 2010
Its best to do this after a factory reset from recovery (Up & power on), so theres no personal info in any of the dumps. the efs.rfs file contains you imei info, you want to keep that to yourself.

Dumping all your firmware:
cd android-sdk/tools (use your location)
adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/bml1 of=/sdcard/boot.bin bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/bml2 of=/sdcard/pit.pit bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/stl3 of=/sdcard/efs.rfs bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/bml4 of=/sdcard/Sbl.bin bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/stl6 of=/sdcard/param.lfs bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/bml7 of=/sdcard/zImage bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/stl9 of=/sdcard/factoryfs.rfs bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/stl10 of=/sdcard/dbdata.rfs bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/stl11 of=/sdcard/cache.rfs bs=4096
dd if=/dev/block/bml12 of=/sdcard/modem.bin bs=4096
exit
exit

adb pull /sdcard/param.lfs .
adb pull /sdcard/zImage .
adb pull /sdcard/factoryfs.rfs .
adb pull /sdcard/dbdata.rfs .
adb pull /sdcard/cache.rfs .
adb pull /sdcard/modem.bin .
adb pull /sdcard/efs.rfs .
adb pull /sdcard/boot.bin .
adb pull /sdcard/Sbl.bin .
adb pull /sdcard/pit.pit .

At this point you computer will have all the files.

Yes. I have done this.But how about the next.I do not know what to do to deal with the rfs file.Can you tell me?thx

nysoprano

Nov 5, 2009
I made a backup of my efs folder before I generated the generic imei. When I restore it, it shows my correct imei but my market is not working, will flashing this tmobile rom and restoring my efs fix this problem?

Sent from my SGH-T849 using XDA App

coldheater

Aug 18, 2010
T-Mobile Stock

I purchased a used T-Mobile US Samsung Tab, and it has a custom rom on it, but I want to put it back to the T-Mobile stock. Can someone help me to create a back up and then put on the stock rom?

Thanks for your help in advance.

calebchosen

Oct 5, 2010
Miami
Try reading the first post by Roto.
The will give you the stock tab files to flash.
Search for "flash galaxy tab" there's going to be a couple threads that give you instruction on flashing the files. Sorry for no links. Not easy for me on the tab.

xpgroup

Feb 26, 2010
Roto, can you please send me the original US Tmobile GT modem? thanks in advance!!

Yes, just for you!

After 2 weeks of work, I have recreated an Odin package of the stock T-Mobile firmware.

Flash it in Odin from the PDA button, no .pit file, nothing else.

It contains no bootloader because I don't want anyone to brick their device with a bad flashing.

I would like to thank everyone who has helped me, but especially jtc442 and Deodexed.

http://files.deodexed.com/ModADroid-Galaxy-Tablet/T-Mobile/T-Mobile_Stock.zip

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, just for you!

After 2 weeks of work, I have recreated an Odin package of the stock T-Mobile firmware.

Flash it in Odin from the PDA button, no .pit file, nothing else.

It contains no bootloader because I don't want anyone to brick their device with a bad flashing.

I would like to thank everyone who has helped me, but especially jtc442 and Deodexed.

http://files.deodexed.com/ModADroid-Galaxy-Tablet/T-Mobile/T-Mobile_Stock.zip

Stock T-Mobile modem.bin: View attachment modem-tmo-stock.zip
    Does it allow calls + 3g?

Nope, its purpose is to revert to the original non-phone firmware with 3G internet only.
    Took a while, but I now have the PDA.tar file. I would still like to know how I'd be able to tell if this is going to work. Do I need to flash a different ROM, and reflash using this?

I guess my only concern is that if I didn't do it right, I won't be able to go back to Bell stock ROM.

I would definitely try mounting your factoryfs.rfs file. (I think that non-working .rfs files, i.e. bad dumps, don't mount properly) Using my Ubuntu virtual machine I use the command:
    Code:
    sudo mount -o ro,loop /path/to/factoryfs.rfs /path/to/mountpoint

Once you get it mounted you can browse it. When rotohammer and myself made our ODIN packages, it appears that all of our files (all of the ones inside the tar) ended up being the same sizes, which makes sense because we dumped them the same way. (By no means an end-all kind of check, but it did stick out to me)

Have you looked at the other thread about creating a usable dump? (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=850359)

(As for the being new to it, I know that I, myself, am not a master of Linux and Android. There is no shame asking questions, we all gotta learn somehow, right? :))
    Roto, can you please send me the original US Tmobile GT modem? thanks in advance!!

I'm putting it in the 1st post now.
    But the only firmware i have flashed are all of your JME versions and before that it was the original JME, so am i SOL???

yes, you flashed the Original JME. But there will be a fix soon.