[ROM] Archos ICS - Firmware 4.0.5(4.0.3) - ROOT & BUSYBOX , Only for SDE

Search This thread

antoustas

May 26, 2005
1. Gain temp root
2. Install SDE
3. Remove temp root (it brakes things in system)
4. Install whichever custom (rooted) rom you want
5. Make any changes/mods you want to custom rom

You can't make any changes to official firmware- it's designed that way.
thank you gen_scheisskopf for your prompt reply. I have one more question, how do i remove temp root after SDE.

thx

Mavamaarten

Mar 4, 2011
Okay, I think I'm pretty much ****ed.

First I installed this ROM and everything worked fine.
I wanted to play Asphalt though, so I edited build.prop and /system/etc/init/init.A80S.rc (I have a 80 normal one) to match a Galaxy Tab...
Now, when I rebooted (I just hit reboot in the rom) my tablet doesn't boot anymore. It just keeps on repeating the Archos animation. Is there any way to fix this? Can I get into ADB and restore the .rc file (I have renamed the original to .bak) or can I reflash this rom and if so, how?

I'm used to CWM recovery and flashing zips. I'd have formatted the data partition and reflashed the rom to fix this, but I have no idea what to do on this tablet.

Please, how can I fix this?

EDIT: I wanted to reflash the rom but of course I cannot put the files in the internal storage. Onto the SD card is no problem, but how do I get it onto the storage? :'(

Last edited:

alfick3

Aug 22, 2011
DFW, TX
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Please pardon my newbie status. As a little back ground, I am very familiar with rooting on my phone, but rooting on my tablet seems to be a different sort of animal.

I have a question; what is sde? I did a search and didn't really find anything to satisfactorily explain it. I found stuff about booting into it, but everything I found seems to go on the assumption that I should already know something about it. :( Please explain, for me, in as simple method as possible. Thank you so much.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Thank you. How do we get it installed so we can use it?

HI!

First download this => http://www.4shared.com/zip/dZflFdoO/1_2.html
- for pre-rroted device !
-end for enable SDE take a look here => http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1360840

Connect your device with USB cable ( into device check on Settings-> USB Debugging ON);
- > adb push 1 /data/local
-> adb push 2 /data/local
-> adb shell
-$ chmod 755 /data/local/1
-$ chmod 755 /data/local/2
-$ ./data/local/1
-$ exit
-> adb reboot
-> adb shell
-$ ./data/local/2
-$ exit
-> adb reboot
-> adb shell
-# rm /data/local.prop
-# exit
- > adb reboot
....now you can install ( enable sde ) ......

Last edited:
Reactions: alfick3

tobst

Apr 26, 2012
Hi,

I have an Archos 101 G9 Turbo (SN 502057) with an OMAP 4460.

Every time I try to flash to ICS rooted rom or the custom blue rom with the drive405 files the device doesnt load.

Then i load the drive files from:

pocketpc.ch/archos-android-tablets/156565-root-fuer-archos-g9-android-4-ics

The device loads with this files but with a sum of memory of 371MB against 229GB.

Does the drive405 files run on the OMAP4460?
I hope anyone can help me or I had helped you with this info.

stay cool
best regards

tobst

ergoen

Jan 29, 2011
Göteborg
405 should work on the 4460 as well :S but I have the 4430 so I don't really know.

I've got a question though to the devs out there:
What is the difference between this kernel and the stock one? (If I compile a kernel based on archos ics sources, can I use that directly or is there some patch I need to make?)

tobst

Apr 26, 2012
It was a question to petru because it is his thread and his rom. The drive405 files doesnt work and I dont know how.

Gesendet von meinem GT-S5830i

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
405 should work on the 4460 as well :S but I have the 4430 so I don't really know.

I've got a question though to the devs out there:
What is the difference between this kernel and the stock one? (If I compile a kernel based on archos ics sources, can I use that directly or is there some patch I need to make?)

HI!

This kernel "zImage" is the stock kernel included in stock firmware_archos_it4.aos 4.0.5 !

Normal it should be work also your custom kernel . ( do not need any patch just save your linux.config -> ".config" in the kernel directory) . Good luck !

P.S. : - you can take a look here : => http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1622437

Last edited:
Reactions: ergoen

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hi,

I have an Archos 101 G9 Turbo (SN 502057) with an OMAP 4460.

Every time I try to flash to ICS rooted rom or the custom blue rom with the drive405 files the device doesnt load.

Then i load the drive files from:

pocketpc.ch/archos-android-tablets/156565-root-fuer-archos-g9-android-4-ics

The device loads with this files but with a sum of memory of 371MB against 229GB.

Does the drive405 files run on the OMAP4460?
I hope anyone can help me or I had helped you with this info.

stay cool
best regards

tobst

HI !

Normally this Rom should be work also on omap4460 device !
If you look a little better....your question has been clarified ! ( take a look also in ICS@BLUE ) . - I do not remember exactly where ...and what is the answer ....but I think you need to push archos.ext4 in /mnt/storage/ ...Good luck !

Reactions: tobst

donovan1914

Apr 14, 2008
Please Help

I followed all the steps and everything seemed like it worked but when I boot my system back up I dont have my 250gb storage but its reduced to 500mb. I just got the 101 g9 with the 4.0.5 from factory.

Actualy I see my internal storage 1.5gb with 500 in use but the external hdd is missing. I do have root now.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
I followed all the steps and everything seemed like it worked but when I boot my system back up I dont have my 250gb storage but its reduced to 500mb. I just got the 101 g9 with the 4.0.5 from factory.

Actualy I see my internal storage 1.5gb with 500 in use but the external hdd is missing. I do have root now.

HI!

Please ask him @tobst....solved the same problem just a few minutes ago !

Reactions: tobst

tobst

Apr 26, 2012
surdu_petru had helped:

store/upload the ext4 file to /mnt/storage/

If the device is depending after flashing use zImage and initramfs from:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1562889&page=11 post #104

thx to surdu_petru

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

AnTuTu Benchmark compare:

SNr. 502057 G9 101 Turbo OMAP4460 2x1.5GHz 1GB DDR3 250GB HDD

Scores:
Original Rom: 6072
ICS@BLUE Rom: 6328

unfortunately I dont save all the detail scores.
Perhaps someone could if him flashing back and forth :)

It is interesting to see what has become faster

Last edited:
Reactions: surdu_petru

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
surdu_petru had helped:

store/upload the ext4 file to /mnt/storage/

If the device is depending after flashing use zImage and initramfs from:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1562889&page=11 post #104

thx to surdu_petru

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Scores:

HI!

You can try the fastest Custom Rom Overclock Edition => here is my scores : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1592535&page=2

tobst

Apr 26, 2012

Scores:

And has anyone log the details by changeing the roms?

unfortunately it does not break the transformer prime :)

tobst

Apr 26, 2012
I have no twitter but I had posted the answer of your question

Gesendet von meinem GT-S5830i

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi !

I am pleased to present the latest Archos ICS Firmware 4.0.5 (4.0.3) , now with Su, Superuser & Busybox installed !

In this rom original files have not been modified. Were added only Su & Superuser for Root access and Busybox for other stuff !

These are the files you need to install root version :

- archos.ext4.update in archive ICS_405.zip => https://hotfile.com/dl/150045208/fe18703/ICS_405.zip.html

- zImage and initramfs.cpio.lzo in archive drive_405.zip => http://www.4shared.com/zip/FSL2xCXY/file.htmlhttp://www.crocko.com/946E5915D1214957BD66756BAEE56623/drive_405.zip

Installation :

- copy archos.ext4.update into Internal Storage ( /data/media ; /mnt/storage )
    - reboot into SDE menu and under Developer Edition Mernu , Flash Kernel and Initramfs : copy zImage and initramfs.cpio.lzo on the new driver that appears on desktop/laptop
    - ok ! and wait for reboot your devices : after reboot you can see Android update system for a while .....be patient !

This Root version works on all tablets gen9, is stable and can be used as a daily ROM !

( For not to expect too much between the two download ....now you have the option to download drive_405.zip )

If you have problems installing this root version , then you can thank him ( @Shano56 ) and please visit => http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1542058

regards,
    surdu_petru
    ICS 4.0.5 Root & Busybox & Deodexed !

*********in update ***********

...........Here it is DEODEXED & ROOTED Version Archos ICS Firmware 4.0.5(4.0.3) => https://hotfile.com/dl/150151224/fa67e26/ICS_ROOTDEODEX.zip.html

For install you can put archos.ext4 into Internal Storage ( /data/media/| /mnt/storage/ ) !

Since version 4.0.5 initramfs accept following types : archos.ext4.update | archos.ext4 | archos.squashfs ! Have a nice week-end !

...............sorry for the delay.
    Please Surdu remember to put the zImage and initramfs.cpio.lzo in a mirror.

hotfile only can download a file every 30 min...

Thanks in advance

YES Of course I'll do ! Good luck man !
    Please Surdu remember to put the zImage and initramfs.cpio.lzo in a mirror.

hotfile only can download a file every 30 min...

Thanks in advance
    In the midst of trying to install this firmware, I did something stupid, and may have bricked my tablet.

I did a "full reinitialization" (not through SDE) within the stock firmware after installing the custom ROM, rebooted without letting it finished, and thinking nothing was wrong, I removed the Android kernel. Now it won't go past the Archos logo, and I can't seem to get into recovery mode.

Is there any way to fix it, or am I boned?

Hi!

You can try so : press power for 10 sec. until the green led light goes out ....now : connect your device with USB cable into desktop/laptop and while you press volume down , press also power and wait for expected to enter into recovery (SDE) ....here you can do Format System->Reformat Device -> I understand -> ok! and copy original ICS 4.0.5 .aos file in the new driver that will appear! Good luck!