Call and complain about the bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

shootind5nukes

May 23, 2010
Here's what I think we should do, and I'm sure some people will say it won't work and they are probably right. We should all set a universal time sometime this week, such as Friday, to call Verizon and ask for bootloader unlocks. I have found out recently that for some employees Verizon had Samsung bootloader unlock their non-dev phone. I have spent the last hour *****ing at Samsung and Verizon.

Here's the facts.

Samsung can unlock it with a file they already have

Verizon has to request it

Verizon says they don't want a bootloader unlocked phone on their network but then told Samsung to make a developer edition. Samsung did not sneak and build a dev phone like Verizon makes it sound, Samsung was told to build it.

Samsung doesn't even care to unlock it, their not just cause of Verizon's order not to.

Certain Verizon employes have recieved the unlock(not for personal reasons)

I say we all call in the same hour and raise hell and maybe they'll hear that we are more than just a few people. Even if everyone doesn't want to do this I will keep calling them and wasteing their time. Having an unlocked phone is a big deal to me and the fact that their employees are allowed to blows my ****ing mind. They think it's ok for their own guys to develope but not us!? Are you ****in kidding me?

So like I said I will keep wasting their time. For you all thinking that I'm also wasting my time? Your right, and I would rather waste it aggravating them than wasting it looking for bootloader unlock updates that will never come. Just like the current S4 and S3 bootloader.

Reactions: DarkMidnight

DarkMidnight

Sep 21, 2010
Pittsburgh
Here's what I think we should do, and I'm sure some people will say it won't work and they are probably right. We should all set a universal time sometime this week, such as Friday, to call Verizon and ask for bootloader unlocks. I have found out recently that for some employees Verizon had Samsung bootloader unlock their non-dev phone. I have spent the last hour *****ing at Samsung and Verizon.

Here's the facts.

Verizon says they don't want a bootloader unlocked phone on their network but then told Samsung to make a developer edition. Samsung did not sneak and build a dev phone like Verizon makes it sound, Samsung was told to build it.

Samsung doesn't even care to unlock it, their not just cause of Verizon's order not to.

I say we all call in the same hour and raise hell and maybe they'll hear that we are more than just a few people. Even if everyone doesn't want to do this I will keep calling them and wasteing their time. Having an unlocked phone is a big deal to me and the fact that their employees are allowed to blows my ****ing mind. They think it's ok for their own guys to develope but not us!? Are you ****in kidding me?

So like I said I will keep wasting their time. For you all thinking that I'm also wasting my time? Your right, and I would rather waste it aggravating them than wasting it looking for bootloader unlock updates that will never come. Just like the current S4 and S3 bootloader.

I will say that even Motorola released a tool on their website to unlock some of their devices. It was a slim list but still. HTC did as well so who knows. I mean the Vendors have to balance customer needs and carrier needs because ultimately they are the boss.

So, we'll see. It would be awesome to see this happen but at the same time, if it does happen, would people blow Verizon up for service on their devices because of irreparable damage?

In my own personal opinion, this phone was expensive and we should be allowed to do as we please with it.

Last edited:

joshua.justice

Feb 12, 2011
Cincinnati
How do you know Verizon employees have unlocked phones unless you yourself are a Verizon employee? I work for an indirect retailer and I've never heard of this happening.

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
Putting the claim of a flashable unlocked bootloader aside - Verizon and AT&T have made their position very clear. Phones on their network will be locked. Developer edition phones, which as the name suggests are primarily for development use are granted that but also are un-subsidized. They're not denying it to you, you have a choice. You're just unhappy with the choice you have to make, and respectfully that's an issue between you and Verizon.

Thread closed before it goes any further south.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Putting the claim of a flashable unlocked bootloader aside - Verizon and AT&T have made their position very clear. Phones on their network will be locked. Developer edition phones, which as the name suggests are primarily for development use are granted that but also are un-subsidized. They're not denying it to you, you have a choice. You're just unhappy with the choice you have to make, and respectfully that's an issue between you and Verizon.

Thread closed before it goes any further south.

Here's the facts.