[APP][4.0.3+][v2.7] ImageView 3D - .mpo and .jps image viewer for non-Sense ROMs

Search This thread

666blb666

Aug 3, 2012
I cant see 3d in landscape mode :/

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using xda app-developers app

666blb666

Aug 3, 2012
Read the OP. It is a known bug due to change in orientation. I think that you simply need to reopen the gallery while in landscape

Unfortunately not. Tried everything now. Nothing is working.
My ROM: CyanogenMod unofficial jb.

P.s. can it be kernel fault?

Last edited:

HJ200

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 28, 2008
Just uploaded version 1.9 to the Play Store

Fixed left/right eye switched for weird aspect ratios
Added nr of columns togglebutton,
Added fullscreen listview button
Implemented snapped scrolling

Reactions: Schrubbi

Schrubbi

Jan 29, 2011
Same problem here, when trying to watch in landscape it turns on the 3D but there's a red exclamation mark instead of the image. Independent if started in portrait or landscape.
Also superuser is properly granted automatically.

And I've seen something else, not sure if it is reported already: I can't see a .mpo file when using the app as file explorer :/
Sub folders are there but not the image itself.

Maybe you can find a fix for it, thanks anyway for your effort and great work so far bringing 3D back to the Evo :)

HJ200

Dec 28, 2008
Same problem here, when trying to watch in landscape it turns on the 3D but there's a red exclamation mark instead of the image. Independent if started in portrait or landscape.

And I've seen something else, not sure if it is reported already: I can't see a .mpo file when using the app as file explorer :/
Sub folders are there but not the image itself. [...]

What version are you on? If a image shows a red exclamation mark, longpress to select it and write down the imagename shown. Please check if that file is still on your filesystem (ES explorer or something else), or email the file to me so I can investigate. Please also note that this problem occurs when your device is out of memory. I made the app consume a lot less mem since v1.6, so you could also try to update if you are on a older version.

Thnx anyway for the feedback!

Schrubbi

Jan 29, 2011
What version are you on? If a image shows a red exclamation mark, longpress to select it and write down the imagename shown. Please check if that file is still on your filesystem (ES explorer or something else), or email the file to me so I can investigate. Please also note that this problem occurs when your device is out of memory. I made the app consume a lot less mem since v1.6, so you could also try to update if you are on a older version.

Thnx anyway for the feedback!

I'm currently using version 1.9.
The image is definitely on the fileystem, as I can open it from there in portrait mode and view it but not in landscape (red exl. mark shown).
But the app itself doesn't display the file for selection when browsing the folder it is in, so the displaying thing is another problem for itself I guess.
I just tested with some other images I took before moving to CM10.2 and all of them can't be displayed in landscape and don't show up for selection in your gallery, but have to say it's all .mpo files.
Do you want me to send you one of the images as sample so you can try and reconstruct the problem I'm seeing?

Funny other observation I made:
Opening a file from ES fileexplorer that is somewhere on the sd-card (sdcard/download/ ) and then pressing back button closes the image and then lets me browse my whole file system. Back button moves me up into root directory ( :\ ) and the app doesn't close before I'm there.
But when I open the app directly from the app drawer it starts in the camera folder of my phone and won't allow to move up higher than the DCIM folder.
That's a bit strange, but I know you're just starting with this project, so just take it as some hint :)

Another suggestion: If you can figure out how to turn on and off the 3D screen you could maybe limit that to the actual image display and turn it of in the menus.

Best regards,
Chris

HJ200

Dec 28, 2008
Do you want me to send you one of the images as sample so you can try and reconstruct the problem I'm seeing?
Yes please, send it to hj200mobile@ gmail

Opening a file from ES fileexplorer that is somewhere on the sd-card (sdcard/download/ ) and then pressing back button closes the image and then lets me browse my whole file system.
True, I hide the 'folder up' icon and backPressed() action when you're in the DCIM folder :)
Let's keep it in as a feature, as you might want to browse more imagefiles which are not in DCIM or its subfolders. It doesn't FC when you try to browse to the parent of root /, so it's no breaking issue :)

Another suggestion: If you can figure out how to turn on and off the 3D screen you could maybe limit that to the actual image display and turn it of in the menus.
You mean the thumbnailview? The idea was to create a gallery with 3d thumbnails, which is why it's on in the whole app. It's only disabled when you're viewing a fullscreen 2D image.
Meaning; this behavior is by design

Thanks for the feedback, have a nice weekend!

Schrubbi

Jan 29, 2011
That actually makes sense, but i didn't see any 3D pictures in the app yet that's why i didn't realise it can be used to have 3D previews ;)

I sent you the image yesterday, I hope it helps you to figure out what's the problem with the landscape mode and displaying the images in the file overview!

HJ200

Dec 28, 2008
Version 2.1 released

Thanks to the test reports by @Schrubbi, I managed to improve thumbnail listing / image indexing.

Other improvements:
Fixed occasional bitmap recycle Exceptions
Improved snap scrolling
Fixed black column in 3D mpo files
Added OutOfMemory feedback, mostly occurs when long flinging to the bottom of a huge image list

tobias.waldvogel

Nov 2, 2006
Global option to toggle left <-> right

First of all thanks for all your efforts for giving 3D back to us. I bought the EVO 3D precisely for it's unique 3D features and it was really disappointing that it didn't work in almost all custom ROMs.
Your application is really working great and I like the 3D preview option. The issue I am facing is that it seems that right <-> left seems to be wrong on my device. The effect is that I have to view it from a different angle instead of looking straight on the device. If I use the "toggle left <-> right" option it looks perfectly well. Therefore I would like to ask if it would be possible to add a global "Toggle left <-> right" option in order to have it for the preview as well.

Thanks for all your efforts and keep up the good work.

Best regards,
Tobias

666blb666

Aug 3, 2012
Uuuuuuuujeeeeeeeaaaahhhhhhhh! 2.1 works in landscape!
Thx m8!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ch2buvPF-2x_ukrpk1xuYeLtZNzTJgc-WNPyIFQnUdOoLyvNCuJF9dyBCH1rOzJHbvMp=h250

View your .mpo and .jps files on non-Sense ROMs in true 3D (tested on JB 4.3 CyanogenMod)

Open Gallery 3D from the app drawer, or open files using your favorite file explorer; choose image -> ImageView 3D and set it as default application.
    Swipe gestures supported (left-right), gray overlay means the application is loading the next image.
    Long-press the image to toggle the actionbar, or use hardware menu button.

Download
    Get it on Google Play for free.
    See attachment for direct download, but this is not recommended (updates are pushed via Google Play)

This app is using the 3D Interlace Library

Phereo support
    As you guys might have seen, Phereo no longer supports the HTC EVO 3D 4.1+ ROMs (a.k.a. 3D display is not recognized)
    Using the share button in Phereo, you can view the image in 3D again using the "Open 3D Phereo url". Phereo shares the url as plain text, which means you'll see this share option in a lot of other apps which can share text. No fix found yet to exclude all others..

ToDo
    Improve memory usage

Goal
    My goal is to build a usable 3D gallery for ROMs without proper 3D support and push new updates using small iterations

Changelog
    v2.7 Restyled app, new actionbar options, improved activity flow, album preview, thumb loader progress
    v2.5 Opens DCIM folder when both DCIM/100MEDIA and DCIM/Camera are not available
    v2.4 Added button to action bar to toggle brightness mod
    v2.3 Thumbnail indexing asynchonous to improve stability
    v2.2 Implemented persistent left/right toggle, improved indexer, improved file deletion
    v2.1 Fixed black column in 3D images, added OutOfMemory feedback
    v2.0 Created indexer to find unindexed image files (needed for non-sense roms where jps and mpo are not recognized as images)
    v1.9 Fixed left/right eye switched for weird aspect ratios, added nr of columns togglebutton, added fullscreen listview button, implemented snapped scrolling
    v1.8 Implemented png thumbnail loading
    v1.7 Added 2D view, implemented left/right eye toggling
    v1.6 Improved thumb loading speed, added portrait view, fixed OutOfMemory exceptions
    v1.5 Added jpg file loading & thumbs, improved thumbnail load speed, improved 3D mode switching. Added long-click selection from thumb grid.
    v1.4 Improved 3D switching between views, added Android 4.0.3 support, fixed mpo file opening
    v1.3 Added Gallery, fixed aspect ratio problems
    v1.2 Changed to floating action bar, improved file sharing (share as file instead of mpo or jps), added Phereo support (share from Phereo to ImageView 3D)
    v1.1 Added actionbar
    v1.0 Initial release

Screenshot
    attachment.php

(Check below for more screenshots)
    Comaptible with 4.0.3

updated and still dont see that option to view from your app :(
    I haven't published the fixed version, so you updated to an outdated version :)

Is there any chance if this work can be made compatible with this android version? ;)
    Seems this app is compatible with 4.0.3! I'll upload it soon, after I finish some tests.

Update: published v1.4
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.hj200.imageview3d

Giving this a try on cm 10.2

Thanks for your hard work

There is also a 3d gallery plugin which allows mpo files to be shared to it, and opened as 3d on our non-sense builds as well

EDIT :

Why does it need root?
    After granting root, my entire screen is dual layered (even after viewing image). Reentering the image and existing resolves this. I think first time only
    Suggestion to make it into a gallery app, which scans device for *.mpo and views them (Auto associate with .mpo files)

-----------------------------------------------------
    Tapatalked from my HTC EVO 3D GSM
    CM10.2 | 5Oct2013
    Mirage kernel | CFQ
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Just released a new version! :D