Moto G LTE question

Search This thread

toobz

Jul 22, 2011
I just ordered a Moto G LTE today to replace my old SGS3 for T mobile. I have a question regarding the Moto G vs the Moto G LTE variant. I have read some threads on this board about battery life, and it seems the Moto G gets INCREDIBLE battery life. I have a huge fan of great battery life. By getting the Moto G LTE variant will my battery be greatly reduced? Is T mobile's LTE that much faster than H+?

Thank you

gabreek

Jun 18, 2012
Santo André
www.sgacedroid.com
I just ordered a Moto G LTE today to replace my old SGS3 for T mobile. I have a question regarding the Moto G vs the Moto G LTE variant. I have read some threads on this board about battery life, and it seems the Moto G gets INCREDIBLE battery life. I have a huge fan of great battery life. By getting the Moto G LTE variant will my battery be greatly reduced? Is T mobile's LTE that much faster than H+?

Thank you

your battery life i'll probably be lower and yes lte is far better than h+

Darkshado

Apr 16, 2011
Montréal
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Nexus 6
I've found all this talk of bad battery life on LTE to be dubious.

Early LTE devices certainly did have bad battery life, especially because their LTE modems were on dedicated chips instead of on the SoC itself. But more recent ones? I haven't noticed any significant difference running it either way.

Of course, there are plenty of variables and a phone trying to maintain a bad LTE connection versus a good HSPA one might expend more energy, YMMV.

But if you get the LTE variant, you have the option to try both, and the SD card slot is a nice thing to have IMO. The LTE variant also has pentaband HSPA, which will come in handy if you travel abroad.