Should i install 4.04 OTA update? Im running AOKP and Frnaco Kernel..

Search This thread

Malarie

Dec 15, 2011
Good day,
i juste reveived a notification to download and install 4.0.4 (Rogers in Canada). Its s 40MB download.

I am already running AOKP MS3 and Franco Kernel MS2... Is there any danger for me to install this update?

Im currrently backing up everything with clockwork mod.

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
No, you should NOT take the update. And I'm surprised you even received it. That is not meant to come up when you're on a custom ROM.

If you want it, you need to flash the Google Images and start over, or just wait for the ROM to be updated and flash that.

Reactions: Malarie

Malarie

Dec 15, 2011
No, you should NOT take the update. And I'm surprised you even received it. That is not meant to come up when you're on a custom ROM.

If you want it, you need to flash the Google Images and start over, or just wait for the ROM to be updated and flash that.
Thats whati thought. Thanks forthe quck reply

jonnyg1097

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto
Good day,
i juste reveived a notification to download and install 4.0.4 (Rogers in Canada). Its s 40MB download.

I am already running AOKP MS3 and Franco Kernel MS2... Is there any danger for me to install this update?

Im currrently backing up everything with clockwork mod.

As a fellow Canadian I am also surprised you got the update notification since I didn't (so i just flashed the factory image) and also because you got it within using a rom.

But like others said dont bother since it will be implemented within the rom in no time.

KLUVJ

Sep 15, 2011
Richmond Hill
personally, im diggin 4.0.4 stock everything unrooted. and this is my battery life on it

very happy. just revert back to stock and go for it...really smooth

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1333165500326.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333165500326.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 190
  • uploadfromtaptalk1333165509581.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1333165509581.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 169

SX86

May 10, 2010
QC
Just received the update notification for 4.0.4. I'm on AOKP M4 with Franco Kernel M1. TELUS network.

The update is 39.5 MB I think.

Strange that I should receive this being on a custom ROM.

Redmed427

Feb 19, 2011
Google Pixel 6
personally, im diggin 4.0.4 stock everything unrooted. and this is my battery life on it

very happy. just revert back to stock and go for it...really smooth

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

How in the heck did you get almost 4 hours for screen time? Please tell me you're using the seidio extended battery. Because i am. And i average the same each charge

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
How in the heck did you get almost 4 hours for screen time? Please tell me you're using the seidio extended battery. Because i am. And i average the same each charge

His use is pretty much exactly what mine has looked like the last 2-3 days with normal use after going to stock 4.0.4 from stock 4.0.2.

It added 1-2 hours of total time to my battery (up to 14-15 hours now), and 30-60 minutes to my screen on time (totaling 3.5-4 hours now). Stock 1750mAh battery btw.

Also keep in mind that it looks like he was on WiFi about 100% of the life of that battery, which generally helps batt life a bit.

Redmed427

Feb 19, 2011
Google Pixel 6
His use is pretty much exactly what mine has looked like the last 2-3 days with normal use after going to stock 4.0.4 from stock 4.0.2.

It added 1-2 hours of total time to my battery (up to 14-15 hours now), and 30-60 minutes to my screen on time (totaling 3.5-4 hours now). Stock 1750mAh battery btw.

Also keep in mind that it looks like he was on WiFi about 100% of the life of that battery, which generally helps batt life a bit.

Ahh true that about the wifi. I'm rarely on wifi. Well, usually at work im not. In addition to going in and out of signal im sure doesnt help me at all

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Take the update and tell us what happens.

Sent from my GSM Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk