How to revert back to 4.1.1 yakjuux?

Search This thread

mrrhtuner

Feb 16, 2013
Hey everybody, my friend and I both flashed our phones from ICM 4.1.1 to JB 4.2.2. We both got the phones from Fido on a nice PP and my friend wants to revert back to ICM 4.1.1 yakjuux prior to the flash.

We followed the guide on here last weekend, unlocked boot loader, flashed 4.2.2 completely over 4.1.1. I am enjoying 4.2.2 but my friend is having issues with call quality, issues he didn't have before.

I don't think there is a way to revert back easily, but I wanted to clarify with the forum. I tried to search but haven't found a thread on going back to ICM 4.x.x Yakjuux

Thank you kindly!

madd0g

May 8, 2010
You can't, there are no official images.

If you have issues with call quality, revert the radio image to the one from 4.1.1, other differences are insignificant. Google Nexus image website, download the yakju image and flash the radio with fastboot (fastboot flash radio radioLF.img).

mrrhtuner

Feb 16, 2013
You can't, there are no official images.

If you have issues with call quality, revert the radio image to the one from 4.1.1, other differences are insignificant. Google Nexus image website, download the yakju image and flash the radio with fastboot (fastboot flash radio radioLF.img).
That was my other question, if I can use the radio file from 4.1.1

Great, I will get him to bring the phone over and we'll try it.

madd0g

May 8, 2010
Theres 4.1.2 only posted now, can't remember if the radio was changed from 4.1.1, but if it was you might want to search the stickies here on xda for a possible 4.1.1 radio download link.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
You CAN revert back to yakjuux. There are at least 3 different threads (2 in General and 1 in Development) that have nandroid backups of yakjuux ROMs. Search and you shall find. :)

P.S. Thread moved to Q&A -- all questions go in Q&A, not General.

mrrhtuner

Feb 16, 2013
You CAN revert back to yakjuux. There are at least 3 different threads (2 in General and 1 in Development) that have nandroid backups of yakjuux ROMs. Search and you shall find. :)

P.S. Thread moved to Q&A -- all questions go in Q&A, not General.

Thank you efrant, I will do my searching now :eek:

madd0g

May 8, 2010
I'd still suggest you try the radio first and keep up to date with the newer Android version. That's why you bought a nexus nevertheless.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

yasir.97

Aug 7, 2010
Can someone please help me, I need any yakjuux nandroid backup. I am currently on a Yakju 4.2.1 but my charging port broke and I want to send it in for warranty but they might not help me because it isn't yakjuux :( Please help
Thanks

mrrhtuner

Feb 16, 2013
Hello everybody, so after using JB 4.2.2 I have noticed the antenna in certain locations isn't as good as it was and the battery does wear down much quicker.

Regardless, I decided to revert back to Galaxy Nexus Yakju 4.1.2 but ONLY the radio file.

So following efrants guide, I did the following.
-Downloaded from Google developers 4.1.2, unzipped all the contents into one folder.
-I downloaded platform-tools-v16.zip and extracted all the contents of that zip into the folder above that contains the unzipped image files.
-As I locked my boot loader before when I went to 4.2.2, I had to unlock the boot loader.
-then I did the Part D step 7, flash the radio.
-fastboot flash radio radio-maguro-i9250xxlf1.img
-one that was done, I did fastboot reboot to reboot the phone
-Phone loaded up one again.

One observation, its odd but it seems that my phone has been wiped clean, but my wallpaper that I set before doing this is still there. All my text and everything is gone but the wallpaper is there, so I'm not sure what that means exactly.

From those of you that have done this, does it seem like I completed the radio flash-downgrade properly?

I'd like to verify to be certain :)

Thank you!

mrrhtuner

Feb 16, 2013
Also, is there a way I can verify that I did this properly? like is there a way that I can check what radio file the phone is currently running?

efrant

Retired Senior Moderator & Developers Relations
Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hello everybody, so after using JB 4.2.2 I have noticed the antenna in certain locations isn't as good as it was and the battery does wear down much quicker.

Regardless, I decided to revert back to Galaxy Nexus Yakju 4.1.2 but ONLY the radio file.

So following efrants guide, I did the following.
-Downloaded from Google developers 4.1.2, unzipped all the contents into one folder.
-I downloaded platform-tools-v16.zip and extracted all the contents of that zip into the folder above that contains the unzipped image files.
-As I locked my boot loader before when I went to 4.2.2, I had to unlock the boot loader.
-then I did the Part D step 7, flash the radio.
-fastboot flash radio radio-maguro-i9250xxlf1.img
-one that was done, I did fastboot reboot to reboot the phone
-Phone loaded up one again.

One observation, its odd but it seems that my phone has been wiped clean, but my wallpaper that I set before doing this is still there. All my text and everything is gone but the wallpaper is there, so I'm not sure what that means exactly.

From those of you that have done this, does it seem like I completed the radio flash-downgrade properly?

I'd like to verify to be certain :)

Thank you!
As stated in that thread: unlocking the bootloader wipes all of your data. Your wallpaper is backed up on your Google account (just like your contacts and Wi-Fi settings) and was downloaded when you signed in to your Google account.

Also, is there a way I can verify that I did this properly? like is there a way that I can check what radio file the phone is currently running?
Reboot your device in fastboot mode and you will see the radio version there.

mrrhtuner

Feb 16, 2013
Thank you efrant!

This is all new to me but with your instructions it was a massive help through the process.

And I totally forgot that the Google account backups up wallpapers lol

mrrhtuner

Feb 16, 2013
Just tested the fastboot mode...

says baseband is: i9250xxlf1.img, which is the file from 4.1.2

yay now lets see how it will work!

mrrhtuner

Feb 16, 2013
Just tested the fastboot mode...

says baseband is: i9250xxlf1.img, which is the file from 4.1.2

yay now lets see how it will work!

For anybody reading this in the future....I reverted my friends galaxy nexus radio file back to 4.1.2 and the signal issues are resolved. Certain locations of our college were fine with 4.1.1, but with JB 4.2.2 those spots wouldn't get me a strong data sigal. I couldn't pull up basic web sites.

With the radio file from 4.1.2, it is now all better :D