When will the Official kitkat for At&T be released ?

Search This thread

Intub8

Mar 3, 2012
It's unknown. Att could be trying to fix the gps issue but for all anyone knows they just don't feel like releasing yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

Agent

Feb 5, 2013
It's out on other carriers. Anyone know when AT&T are going to release it? I'm running the leak which works fine...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

AT&T hasn't said crap about it..You'll just have to wait if you want it. KNOXRAID is one if not the only KK custom ROM that works flawlessly.

Delakit

Jul 7, 2012
St. Paul
It'll come out when it comes out. Just like everything else smartphone related. When it does, I'll be right here saying "I told you so."
:good:

ryaske

Apr 8, 2007
Long Island, NY
I have been pestering at&t customer service about it as frequently as I can. Maybe once a week.

The chat guys are really nice but they admit they dont know anything about the update. They admit it has been released over 3 months ago (by samsung to at&t) and that they have to sanction it first. They also say "i dont konw, might be never".

I got a chat guy for AT&T to admit that 4.4.2 for S4 was released 2/26/2014

So if it was this recently, note 3's update is probably coming soon.

iamsavedme30

Nov 13, 2010
Columbus
Has anyone else received a small software update? I am currently in baseband nb4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
The title really should be changed.

1: it is misleading and makes people think it has been released

2: it has not been released so this "discussion" is exactly the same as the rest all over the forums.

3: it is a question in the OP asking for an ETA. Not really allowed and nothing has been said or heard on when it comes out. It gets released when it gets released. And since it is a question, it belongs in the QA section.

Sent from my SM-N9005A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: pham818

Intub8

Mar 3, 2012
Has any one heard anything recently?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium HD app

Hawkhell

Feb 7, 2014
I had an update today on my Note 3 that failed and then my update checker said it my device was up to date.

tylercarter

Mar 1, 2011
Illinois
It was 37MB and then my wife had one on her S4 that was 300+MB that failed. Is it common to not be able to update over the air? I've always had to use kies to upgrade.

She got kitkat. We haven't yet. On her phone the entire system has to be bone stock to update. At least that's what I'd do just to be sure. Make sure she has a good wifi connection.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

B

BeastSpencer

if at&t follows their usual update patterns, i expect it will be released in late april or early may (when the s5 is coming out). im assuming they're just waiting for the s5 to come out before releasing kitkat so people will buy the s5 instead of the s4 since it will be their only kitkat phone. just an educated guess :p

KroniK187

May 20, 2008
if at&t follows their usual update patterns, i expect it will be released in late april or early may (when the s5 is coming out). im assuming they're just waiting for the s5 to come out before releasing kitkat so people will buy the s5 instead of the s4 since it will be their only kitkat phone. just an educated guess :p

AT&T already officially released the 4.4.2 KitKat update for the S4 about 2 weeks ago.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hope the GPS issue is fixed.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    The title really should be changed.

1: it is misleading and makes people think it has been released

2: it has not been released so this "discussion" is exactly the same as the rest all over the forums.

3: it is a question in the OP asking for an ETA. Not really allowed and nothing has been said or heard on when it comes out. It gets released when it gets released. And since it is a question, it belongs in the QA section.

Sent from my SM-N9005A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    How big was the download? 30 mb or so?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

It was 37MB and then my wife had one on her S4 that was 300+MB that failed. Is it common to not be able to update over the air? I've always had to use kies to upgrade.