Ways to switch off the screen without using the power button?

Search This thread

lordofazeroth

Nov 28, 2010
Could you tell me a few ways to switch off the screen without using the power button?
(Only Off)

1)
On some Roms (CM11) double tap the status bar - but the bar is quite small, so I am often not hitting.

2)
Power Button Widget - creates a button.
Problem is: My homescreen is full. I can create an invisible button above another widget, but this is not always working (Holo Launcher HD)

3)
Gesture with the activity of Power Button WIdget.
Holo Launcher force closes on my Nexus 4.

Are there other ways?

Planterz

Feb 28, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Could you tell me a few ways to switch off the screen without using the power button?
(Only Off)

1)
On some Roms (CM11) double tap the status bar - but the bar is quite small, so I am often not hitting.

2)
Problem is: My homescreen is full. I can create an invisible button above another widget, but this is not always working (Holo Launcher HD)

3)

Are there other ways?

There are Xposed modules that use the double-tap status bar function.

There are apps available that use the proximity sensor to do the same sort of thing by waving over it and/or tapping it.

Kobro

Nov 21, 2013
(Only Off)

1)

2)

3)

Are there other ways?
xposed module gravity box can do it, and also the app gmd gestures

Paget96

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 29, 2013
Krusevac
(Only Off)

1)

2)

3)

Are there other ways?

This :D
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plexnor.gravityscreenofffree