[Q] A100 bricked?

Search This thread

Romman0

May 7, 2012

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Not sure if this method will work (if your bootloader is unlocked), but it was just posted recently, in the general forum.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1749967

After looking at the files he posted, its just mine with some stuff ripped out. It will not fix the OP's brick. Or, honestly, any true brick, like those that run laggy, then after a reset, never start. What it WILL work on is getting recovery back into the system, which some report CAN fix the no selection bug in stock recovery, however he supplies TWRP, and still relies on fastboot to flash it, hence the unlocked bootloader being needed. A locked bootloader, it won't flash recovery anyways, but even if it did, it wouldn't boot it.

sanzorin

Jun 27, 2012
Hi,
Sorry for my english,I'm french but thinks you can understand me...
I've the same problem as you but with a a101 slate.
After update and root on ics android had some troubes( Battery draining quickly, desktop hot and turning on alone...)and I've make a downgrade to HC and my screen was lock on acer...I think my solution can be run on your device.

First you can copy in your sd card a update file and download this one htttp://narod.ru/disk/47785011001.df9a2e456cbc4816e7df056b6130b9b8/Acer_AV041_A101_0.004.00_WW_GEN1-root.zip.html(in front of the adress there's a ''t''and mor because I can't post URL)
It's ics for a101

Copy update1.zip in your sd card and rename this in update.zip and reboot in recovery.update will not work until the end but it's fine.
Take off sd card from your slate and reboot in recovery,CWM should run.

In CWM make a wipe data and wipe partition,clear cache &dalvik and fix permission copy in sd card your update.zip ics for a100 and boot in recovery.Chooses apply sd card update zip then internal sd card and yes.update should be work fine.
Say me if it was work well.by

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some people are trying to do it through APX mode but it can be difficult if you don't have certain info specific 2 your tablet...

Sent from my HTC Arrive 8773 using Board Express
    Do you have pointer on what i can try? Since it's already bricked, there is nothing to lose to try it out.
    I called acer. We went through the hard reset thing. When he found out that it didnt work he told me to send it to them. So im packing it up tomorrow. Not sure if they are gonna try and fix it or just send me another one. We will see. Will keep u posted