[MOD] Weather, Center Clock, and QSlide Mods (Updated 6-18-13)

Search This thread

BonezMontana

Feb 23, 2012
Lynchburg VA
I'm trying to make these mods into an xposed framework app but while I do I thought I'd share some mods that work great on our phones (I'm on stock odexed rooted/unlocked)

- First download the XPosed Framework, install it, open it and press "Install/update" then reboot
- Download and install this mod. The clock colors and clock text mods work for me
- Icon Themer!
- Also the MoDaCo XPosed Toolkit works (some options do, obviously don't use HTC/Google Specific one's). I've used the Hide AM/PM option and I'd assume some of the other easier system options work as well since they change common bools found in the majority of ICS/JB Android devices but again, BE CAREFUL and BACKUP

I'm developing an app for the Xposed Framework tailored for our LGOG so hopefully I'll have it done in a week or so. I wanna make the option to change system backgrounds, adjust statusbar/quick settings/QSlide backgrounds (colors+transparency), and hopefully incorporate some of the theme chooser xposed framework into it

If anyone needs help with the XPosed Framework LMK I might be able to assist, I'm just starting on the development side for it but have used it on a few devices

I've been looking into the xposed framework mods for a while. I was running a few battery mods and I attempted to port some of the theme chooser themes, but I couldn't get some of the icons to line up properly. Big thanks on this.

mopo01

Jan 17, 2011
Chicago
There actually is a way to make more apps compatible with Qslide but it's a tedious process, maybe in a few days I'll have enough progress to release a zip

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Without asking for an eta, is there any progress on this and which apps might you be trying to make compatible. Wish. I knew how to code. So I could help. Would be interested and willing to help in testing. :cool:

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda app-developers app

ankurcshah

Dec 5, 2010
Coimbatore
Is there anyway to get the brightness bar in the notification toggle like we have in samsung phones. I am on lifeless.

kratos313

Feb 27, 2010
The Lost City
Is there anyway to get the brightness bar in the notification toggle like we have in samsung phones. I am on lifeless.

I was thinking about trying to change the screen density and maybe it would work? But I know that the L7 has the slider and its a s smaller screen size than ours

Reactions: ankurcshah

yohand

Nov 4, 2010
Omfg it work yessssssssss thankssssss keep it up buddy

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

KellusHvnbnd

Sep 28, 2013
Dallas
Not sure that anyone was wondering, but this does work with the Optimus stock ZVC update. I flashed the LGSystenUI (stock) zip that's reference in that thread first to be safe, then this. Not sure if it even mattered. I love this mod and will only use stock ROMs (odexed) that are compatible.

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Hey guys I'm back. Been very busy I haven't had time to mess with my phone in such a long time.

I haven't updated yet but am pleased some of the things work. If anyone has updated to zvc you can upload your LGSystemUI.apk and I'll mod it. If you want anything else modded just upload the apks.

engine95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
Hey guys I'm back. Been very busy I haven't had time to mess with my phone in such a long time.

I haven't updated yet but am pleased some of the things work. If anyone has updated to zvc you can upload your LGSystemUI.apk and I'll mod it. If you want anything else modded just upload the apks.

Lrod has it in his OpTimuS ROM thread.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Glad your back.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: fergie716

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Will this work on zvc?

-Whiplashh

Sent from a Premium Xda app using the Flo Nexus 7.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATED 6-18-13

Here is a list of mods I made for STOCK ROOTED/UNLOCKED ODEX (ZVB)

-Center Clock
    -Activated QSlide
    -Weather on LockScreen Option
    -Activated a lot of bools and other xml stuff
    -Replaced old Gingerbread colors (green and orange) with stock equivalent Jellybean blues

Screen shots:

6UDzZgW.jpg

LJ1O2vT.png

KTa5aMv.jpg

RzmIK8u.jpg

Afp3aCS.png

DOWNLOAD

INSTRUCTIONS

- Download zip and save to your sd
    - Reboot into recovery (I use TWRP)
    - Wipe cache and dalvik cache
    - Flash zip
    - Fix permissions
    - Reboot into system

And Enjoy!
    So two quick things, my clock now shows on top of everything so when a notification pops up, the clock still shows. Is it like that for anyone else?

Two, is there a way to choose different apps on the qslider. I don't really use any of those regularly. Is there a way to go back if not? I love the other mods though.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium HD app

Yea I'm working on getting rid of the overlap. Usually I add a solid background to the "ticker" (ongoing notification) but for whatever reason when I do that you need to instigate a notification in order to view the status bar, but I can just make the ticker text stop before the clock if it comes to it

There actually is a way to make more apps compatible with Qslide but it's a tedious process, maybe in a few days I'll have enough progress to release a zip

If you don't like certain mods you can make a flashable zip from the stock odexed ROM (Zvb) with the app you wanna replace. Qslide and center clock are both in LGSystemUI.apk

Working on some MultiView mods

Here's one for example (Testing placement of clear all/task manager buttons as well as size of previews)

O2Yhvfe.png
    I just received this phone so IDK if anyone made this mod but has anyone modified QSlide yet? Here's what I got so far, it's very similar to Samsung's Pop Up Feature

IeuKZF8.png

Bx3Rr46.jpg

XII2wYC.jpg

I have a ton more modifications but I gotta run right now, but LMK if this has been posted already if someone could
    Q-Slide on the stock notification bar I don't think so, but their are some modded notification bars that include the qslide apps, check out the Vectus thread over in the Development forum, it was done by LRod. There is also a similar toolbar mod from the AT&T version of the LGOG that works. Its what I'm currently using until LRod releases a transparent version. Thanks for the lockscreen mod!

Thanks for letting me know. I usually just write tutorials and let folks do it themselves but since there's a lack of development right now and I have this phone for the next two weeks I figured I would do as much as I could.

I'll post a zip tomorrow for the stock mod thanks again.

What about center clock, 3 way reboot, MMS, or more Lockscreen mods like AOSP or SGS4 LS mods?