Roto,modaco,etc

Search This thread

masbego

Jan 22, 2011
ROTO,MODACO,ETC....which one you prefer?

Trying to find stabil firmware for my brand new australian tab, can not make my mind yet...

Still looking stabil one and I don't want to upgrade my firmware every weeks :) for the new firmware add on.

Any advise??

njackson

Jan 24, 2011
Response for what it's worth

I'm not sure if I'm the one to advise you, but I have just flashed my Optus unlocked tab with Roto JMI v1. Being a noob, I must say that the instructions given worked a treat and the flash went perfectly.

Although it is early days, iot seems pretty good to me with an improvement in wifi which was fairly random previously, but I still have some testing to do on the GPS. Others on the developers forum seem to have no problem though.

Neil

roy8846

Oct 18, 2006
For me I like the Modaco Roms and Kernal. His roms are great on my other android stuff as well.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

waz000000

Dec 11, 2006
leicester
You buy one you get one free I say you buy one you get one free.

Try um both see which one works for you, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Heppieboeddah

Feb 14, 2008
[...]

Although it is early days, iot seems pretty good to me with an improvement in wifi which was fairly random previously, but I still have some testing to do on the GPS. Others on the developers forum seem to have no problem though.

Neil

Wifi seems to be solved for me with JMIv1.0. No dropouts. For the GPS you might try the FasterFix from this topic. That works great for me.

I prefer the Roto-roms above those of Modaco. The Roto's are most a kind of 'out of the box' roms, and can be used without doing some really tweaking like the Modaco's. But just try them both and compare the difference, feels and looks.

Reactions: njackson

terenz

Jan 22, 2011
I have tried both and they are great compared to stock rom. Below is my conclusion(solely on my experince of flashing roms for 1 month now.

Roto

- easy to flash
- good speed
- clean wipe with minimal add ons so we are free to add what we want

Modoco

- flash can be difficult and need to poke around and do some mistakes first
- blazing speed, getting constant 1800+ in quadrant
- got everything working good in my asian gsm tab
- auto connect/disconnect between wifi and data which is good
- love the reboot option on power button

njackson

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks

Wifi seems to be solved for me with JMIv1.0. No dropouts. For the GPS you might try the FasterFix from this topic. That works great for me.

I prefer the Roto-roms above those of Modaco. The Roto's are most a kind of 'out of the box' roms, and can be used without doing some really tweaking like the Modaco's. But just try them both and compare the difference, feels and looks.

Thanks for the advice.

I have tried the GPS fix, but no luck, and I think the Wifi issue is much more to do with my router than Roto's great work. I think I'll try JMEv4 as I jumped straight to JMI.

I appreciate your help.

njackson

Jan 24, 2011
Update

Thanks for the advice.

I have tried the GPS fix, but no luck, and I think the Wifi issue is much more to do with my router than Roto's great work. I think I'll try JMEv4 as I jumped straight to JMI.

I appreciate your help.

----------------------
Well, I didn't go back to JME, I tried JMI v2 which has just been released by Rotohammer.

The short answer. for me, is that everything went smooth again, and is working well except for the GPS which just refuses to work.

fei243

Oct 14, 2006
I have tried both and they are great compared to stock rom. Below is my conclusion(solely on my experince of flashing roms for 1 month now.

Roto

- easy to flash
- good speed

Modoco

Hi, can you tell howto do the EXT4 kernel step of Modoco ROM? I failed to flash the kernel all the way.

My current ROM is Roto JMI. Should I flash other ROM first?

Thanks.

hocgwai

Jan 24, 2011
When i did the ext4 conversion i had to be on jme to flash the modaco kernel. It would not work for me on jmi. Hope that helps

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

hocgwai

Jan 24, 2011

Roto

- easy to flash
- good speed

Modoco

I also have an asian Tab but when i flashed the modaco rom i lost my chinese input. I see you mentioned you were able to get everything working on your asian Tab. Would you know how to reinstall the original input method?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [...]

Neil