Bootanimations to go...(Updated 2/24 - 7 boots) - Links Fixed!

Search This thread

Jank4AU

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
Let me know what you guys think...

Boot#1 - Black Ink Flow: video
bootanimation.zip

Boot#2 - Optical Flare: video
bootanimation.zip

Boot # 3 Orange Sparks on XDA background: video
bootanimation.zip

Boot #4 - Flowing smoke video: video
bootanimation.zip

Boot#5 - Ice Reveal created for SlickROM: video
bootanimation.zip

Boot#6 - Nexus 4 Style Boot animation video: UPDATED - Higher Resolution
bootanimation.zip

Boot#7 - SnowJB bootanimation: video
bootanimation.zip

If you like any of these but want the name changed to a ROM you're currently running, just let me know. It's an easy change. :D

Hope you like 'em! :D

Last edited:

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
Awesome!

Now I need as an app where I could shuffle the bootanimations (that works with our Optimus G). :highfive:

Yeah, I'd like to get about 5 more made up or so, that would be cool. I already have one finished that I made for SHOstock ROM back on the SGH-I777 (SGS2). It never got released to the user base because Shoman was able to make his next ROM a JB so we ditched that one. I can just change the text and render it out again.

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda app-developers app

its420oclock

Feb 3, 2011
York
Thanks, bro. It didn't take too long. After Effects is a pretty amazing program! There are some templates that really speed things up.

After effects. Gonna have to look into that. I use gimp for mine

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
If anyone has a request for what they would like to see in a boot ani, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Last edited:
Reactions: petejfjohnson

theytalkalot

Jan 4, 2009
Got stuck on the phone trying to load up...then it went into a boot loop...I put the file in the system / media folder...finally booted up after about four times of the boot loop...any suggestions?

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda premium

houstonn

Sep 18, 2012
Ontario
flashable zips

LGOG_Jank4AU_Bootanimation_CWM.zip - 3.59 MB

LGOG_Stock_Bootanimation_CWM.zip - 3.27 MB

*if you like this bootanimation, don't forget to thank Jank4AU*

the stock one is just the plain LG one that I got from my Bell E973. these install into you data/local therefor leaving your original intact. data/local will override system/media. essentially it'll look there first and if there isn't bootani there then it'll use the one in you system/media

or instead of flashing the stock one you could just delete bootanimation.zip in data/local and it should bootup with your original bootanimation from system/media

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
Should have another, new boot animation zip and video up a little later this afternoon.

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
I flashed the animation and now it just keeps looping. Any suggestions?

I didn't try the flashable zips. I've just been putting the boot zip on my internal sd card and using ES File Explorer, moving it directly to /system/media manually. Just rename your original boot animation zip to .bak to keep it without overwriting or deleting. Try that.

mws1986

Nov 25, 2012
Are you stuck in the boot loop?

Yes

I didn't try the flashable zips. I've just been putting the boot zip on my internal sd card and using ES File Explorer, moving it directly to /system/media manually. Just rename your original boot animation zip to .bak to keep it without overwriting or deleting. Try that.

I don't know how to get into the files since im stuck in the boot loop

Jank4AU

Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
Yes

I don't know how to get into the files since im stuck in the boot loop

The easiest way would be to reflash the rom. Or, you could try connecting it to your computer and see if you can access the sd cards that way.

Last edited:

its420oclock

Feb 3, 2011
York
Could you give me more information on your device like, are you running CWM? are you running the stock android? etc,

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let me know what you guys think...

Boot#1 - Black Ink Flow: video
    bootanimation.zip

Boot#2 - Optical Flare: video
    bootanimation.zip

Boot # 3 Orange Sparks on XDA background: video
    bootanimation.zip

Boot #4 - Flowing smoke video: video
    bootanimation.zip

Boot#5 - Ice Reveal created for SlickROM: video
    bootanimation.zip

Boot#6 - Nexus 4 Style Boot animation video: UPDATED - Higher Resolution
    bootanimation.zip

Boot#7 - SnowJB bootanimation: video
    bootanimation.zip

If you like any of these but want the name changed to a ROM you're currently running, just let me know. It's an easy change. :D

Hope you like 'em! :D
    flashable zips

LGOG_Jank4AU_Bootanimation_CWM.zip - 3.59 MB

LGOG_Stock_Bootanimation_CWM.zip - 3.27 MB

*if you like this bootanimation, don't forget to thank Jank4AU*

the stock one is just the plain LG one that I got from my Bell E973. these install into you data/local therefor leaving your original intact. data/local will override system/media. essentially it'll look there first and if there isn't bootani there then it'll use the one in you system/media

or instead of flashing the stock one you could just delete bootanimation.zip in data/local and it should bootup with your original bootanimation from system/media
    Can you do the black ink one with LG on first line and OG on second. A non branded ba would be awesome

Sent from my LG-E970 using xda premium

Here is the generic black ink flow bootanimation. Sorry for the delay!

And here is a video sample, tell me if you want it changed or if you'd like some color: Video
    Just place the bootanimation.zip into /system/media and your good to go. If you want to disable the sound that plays on boot you just have to rename the poweron.ogg in /system/media/audio/ui to poweron.ogg.bak

Added # 4 to the OP...if you like any of these and want the screen names customized, just let me know!
    This is the one that I was thinking about it. Sam Caplat made one for Tablets that could be cropped (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1395602).
    xdawallpaper-1280x720-1024x576.jpg

Up just like that, maybe make it do some cool effect into a slogan like "We really whip the llama's ass" lol