[TUT][4.4] Transparent Notification Panel

Search This thread

Denie46

Nov 28, 2010
Hi all,
i've decided to put this tutorial together to show you
how to make a transparent drop down since it
seems that the method that worked in 4.3 doesn't work in 4.4. So, let's start.

SCREENSHOT:
Screenshot_2014-06-16-12-15-22.png
Screenshot_2014-06-16-12-55-09.png

REQUIREMENTS:
knowledge in using apktool
SystemUI.apk pulled out from your system and decompiled

INSTRUCTIONS:
1.decompile your SystemUI.apk
2.navigate to res>values>drawables.xml
3.find
<item type="drawable" name="somc_notification_panel_bg">#99000000</item>
---note that the current value #99000000 is the one that you see on the screenshot, the stock one you find in SystemUI.apk will be different
4.now choose the amount of transparency you'd like to have in your notification panel, followed by the color youd like to have, e.g. transparent black, transparent white, etc. I'll use #99000000 value as an example: the first two digits (99 in my case) represent the amount of transparency in HEX format, looking at the table it is between 60 and 70%. The digits that follow (000000) represent the color in HEX format as well. 000000 is black color and FFFFFF is white color. Follow the link to choose your color.

4.1.choose the transparency, e.g. for 50% enter 80, for 70% transparency choose 112 etc.
0% = #00
10% = #16
20% = #32
30% = #48
40% = #64
50% = #80
60% = #96
70% = #112
80% = #128
90% = #144

4.2.now choose the color from this link
http://html-color-codes.info/

5.after you have choosen your values, just replace them
<item type="drawable" name="somc_notification_panel_bg">#your value here</item>
6.compile your SystemUI.apk and put it in system>priv-app
7.give the correct permissions xxx x-- ---
8.reboot and enjoy!

Rajeev

Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Hi man, i'm using 4.4.4 stock rom and did exactly how you told to do, but when i change the value, the navbar and notification panel has gone,
so, what probably i'm doing wrong?

thath is the original one

"<item type="drawable" name="somc_notification_panel_bg">#FF000000</item>"

i and up with this code

"<item type="drawable" name="somc_notification_panel_bg">#40000000</item>"

First. Please Don't Quote Whole OP. Please Edit Ur Comment and Remove The OP Contents..

Second. U Lost Ur SystemUI. R U Sure U Using A Deodexed ROM. ?

Denie46

Nov 28, 2010
Hi man, i'm using 4.4.4 stock rom and did exactly how you told to do, but when i change the value, the navbar and notification panel has gone,
so, what probably i'm doing wrong?

thath is the original one

"<item type="drawable" name="somc_notification_panel_bg">#FF000000</item>"

i and up with this code

"<item type="drawable" name="somc_notification_panel_bg">#40000000</item>"

I'm not sure if the same method will work with 4.4.4 as the tutorial was pointed to 4.4.2. Apart from dissappearing nav and stat bars are there any other FCs or bugs, also did you use the method described to push back the file to the phone? Does the phone boots normally?
Thanks!

I'm not sure if the same method will work with 4.4.4 as the tutorial was pointed to 4.4.2. Apart from dissappearing nav and stat bars are there any other FCs or bugs, also did you use the method described to push back the file to the phone? Does the phone boots normally?
Thanks!

I themed a lot when I had a galaxy s4 and did exactly how you've said but just missed the navigation bar and the home and back button otherwise there is no Fc In nothing else

Sent from my C6943 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

First. Please Don't Quote Whole OP. Please Edit Ur Comment and Remove The OP Contents..

Second. U Lost Ur SystemUI. R U Sure U Using A Deodexed ROM. ?

I didn't lost my SystemUi, and thanks for the explanation on the quote politics, my room is odexed but in Samsung that's not interfere on that

Denie46

Nov 28, 2010
The best thing to do is to flash the original file and start over. I'm almost certain that there is a bug with the way this apk have compiled. Check once again what have you modified and look if there are any messages/errors in cmd window when compiling.
UPDATE:
Just made my notification panel transparent following my tutorial in 4.4.4 and everything worked fine. At first my not and stat bars dissappeared but, then i rebooted and fixed permissions in recovery and everything looks good now.

The best thing to do is to flash the original file and start over. I'm almost certain that there is a bug with the way this apk have compiled. Check once again what have you modified and look if there are any messages/errors in cmd window when compiling.
UPDATE:
Just made my notification panel transparent following my tutorial in 4.4.4 and everything worked fine. At first my not and stat bars dissappeared but, then i rebooted and fixed permissions in recovery and everything looks good now.

there is no errors on the cmd, but...
i'll try to set permissions on the recovery
perhaps it's that

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

UPDATE:

look man what i had in the cmd

C:\apkTOOL>apktool b SystemUI
I: Using Apktool 2.0.0-Beta7 on SystemUI
W: Could not find sources
I: Checking whether resources has changed...
I: Building resources...
aapt: warning: string 'compat_mode_help_body' has no default translation in C:\a
pkTOOL\SystemUI\res; found: et hy ms
aapt: warning: string 'compat_mode_help_header' has no default translation in C:
\apkTOOL\SystemUI\res; found: et hy ms
aapt: warning: string 'jelly_bean_dream_name' has no default translation in C:\a
aapt: warning: string 'quick_settings_wifi_display_label' has no default transla
tion in C:\apkTOOL\SystemUI\res; found: et hy ms
aapt: warning: string 'quick_settings_wifi_display_no_connection_label' has no d
efault translation in C:\apkTOOL\SystemUI\res; found: et hy ms
aapt: warning: string 'status_bar_help_text' has no default translation in C:\ap
kTOOL\SystemUI\res; found: et hy ms
aapt: warning: string 'status_bar_help_title' has no default translation in C:\a
I: Building apk file...

please show me where is the error?

Reactions: Denie46

Denie46

Nov 28, 2010
I see no errors, have you flashed the stock systemui.apk and are there any bugs with it?
Decompile it and start again. Another thing that may cause the dissappearing is the way you put the file back to the phone. Do you flash it using recovery or just put it into system>priv-apps?

I see no errors, have you flashed the stock systemui.apk and are there any bugs with it?
Decompile it and start again. Another thing that may cause the dissappearing is the way you put the file back to the phone. Do you flash it using recovery or just put it into system>priv-apps?

i just put back in priv-app, but my original file is there with other name, every time that i changed back and reboot, works fine with the original

Denie46

Nov 28, 2010
Well then try again, pull out the stock systemui.apk, decompile, edit the value, decompile and flash it via recovery

i really don't know what is going wrong, i'll try to create a flashble zip and put over there

Last edited:
U R Right But Some One Likes Old School Methods.

Yes, i like old metod to, but some ppl like odex rom to, like me, and this tutorial is only for deodexed rom and there is one step more if u want to decompile systemUI with odex. Using xposed framework u can get transparent on odexed rom.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Rajeev

Denie46

Nov 28, 2010
Personally im not into Xposed, it got too easy to just install a module, doesn't seem too interesting for me, that's why i like the good'ol tutorials where you need more knowedge in order to achieve a modification.

Personally im not into Xposed, it got too easy to just install a module, doesn't seem too interesting for me, that's why i like the good'ol tutorials where you need more knowedge in order to achieve a modification.

Man great job, work like a charm thanks and keep doing your thing

Attachments

• 1404417858091.jpg
    1404417858091.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 1404417888304.jpg
    1404417888304.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: Denie46

Denie46

Nov 28, 2010
Thanks, i forgot that in this systemui there are another mods added, if you don't like them or want to change them i can help ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,
    i've decided to put this tutorial together to show you
    how to make a transparent drop down since it
    seems that the method that worked in 4.3 doesn't work in 4.4. So, let's start.

SCREENSHOT:
    Screenshot_2014-06-16-12-15-22.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-16-12-55-09.png

REQUIREMENTS:
    knowledge in using apktool
    SystemUI.apk pulled out from your system and decompiled

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1.decompile your SystemUI.apk
    2.navigate to res>values>drawables.xml
    3.find
    <item type="drawable" name="somc_notification_panel_bg">#99000000</item>
    ---note that the current value #99000000 is the one that you see on the screenshot, the stock one you find in SystemUI.apk will be different
    4.now choose the amount of transparency you'd like to have in your notification panel, followed by the color youd like to have, e.g. transparent black, transparent white, etc. I'll use #99000000 value as an example: the first two digits (99 in my case) represent the amount of transparency in HEX format, looking at the table it is between 60 and 70%. The digits that follow (000000) represent the color in HEX format as well. 000000 is black color and FFFFFF is white color. Follow the link to choose your color.

4.1.choose the transparency, e.g. for 50% enter 80, for 70% transparency choose 112 etc.
    0% = #00
    10% = #16
    20% = #32
    30% = #48
    40% = #64
    50% = #80
    60% = #96
    70% = #112
    80% = #128
    90% = #144

4.2.now choose the color from this link
    http://html-color-codes.info/

5.after you have choosen your values, just replace them
    <item type="drawable" name="somc_notification_panel_bg">#your value here</item>
    6.compile your SystemUI.apk and put it in system>priv-app
    7.give the correct permissions xxx x-- ---
    8.reboot and enjoy!
    Great tut, but i think easier way to make transparent panel is to use xposed framework with serajr xperia xposed...

UPDATE:

there is no errors on the cmd, but...
    i'll try to set permissions on the recovery
    perhaps it's that

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

UPDATE:

look man what i had in the cmd

C:\apkTOOL>apktool b SystemUI
    I: Using Apktool 2.0.0-Beta7 on SystemUI
    W: Could not find sources
    I: Checking whether resources has changed...
    I: Building resources...
    aapt: warning: string 'compat_mode_help_body' has no default translation in C:\a
    aapt: warning: string 'compat_mode_help_header' has no default translation in C:
    \apkTOOL\SystemUI\res; found: et hy ms
    aapt: warning: string 'jelly_bean_dream_name' has no default translation in C:\a
    aapt: warning: string 'quick_settings_wifi_display_label' has no default transla
    tion in C:\apkTOOL\SystemUI\res; found: et hy ms
    aapt: warning: string 'quick_settings_wifi_display_no_connection_label' has no d
    efault translation in C:\apkTOOL\SystemUI\res; found: et hy ms
    aapt: warning: string 'status_bar_help_text' has no default translation in C:\ap
    kTOOL\SystemUI\res; found: et hy ms
    aapt: warning: string 'status_bar_help_title' has no default translation in C:\a
    I: Building apk file...

please show me where is the error?

Yes, i like old metod to, but some ppl like odex rom to, like me, and this tutorial is only for deodexed rom and there is one step more if u want to decompile systemUI with odex. Using xposed framework u can get transparent on odexed rom.

Agree That :thumbup: