[ROM][Deprecated] CyanogenMod 9 alpha5: Android 4.0.3 for Samsung Epic 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

styles420

Nov 12, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21
Thinking it would be more helpful/appropriate to do so, I posted a 1st bug at the CM bug tracker on this.

It was unceremoniously closed 10 minutes later as "Invalid", with no comment or reason.

So much for trying to help ...

If anyone actually is *interested* in this bug, and needs any more info, please let me know.

I think that's more of a feature that has not been implemented yet, rather than a feature that is broken (you can't break something that hasn't been created yet). Bugs are errors in the code that cause something to behave incorrectly, so code that just hasn't been written can't contain any bugs (yet). That's what made your report invalid.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

n756gkj

Sep 14, 2011
Bugs are errors in the code that cause something to behave incorrectly, so code that just hasn't been written can't contain any bugs (yet).

The code contains a clear/simple file import in the init.rc.

The boot sequence specifically fails at that 'include', and logs an error to the boot logs.

Unless "file includes" are considered an "unimplemented feature", I'm not sure how an example of something not working the way it's supposed to gets much simpler.

ErantyInt

Dec 9, 2011
Olympia
What is everyone finding to be the best modem for this? I'm still on the EI22 modem, and my data speeds are quite bad without wifi. Worse than normal, I should say. They've always been bad. :p

RealTic

Dec 15, 2011
Omaha, Nebraska
I decided to give CM a run for the first time tonight... just installed CM9 and i cant believe my phone is capable of this performance. This ROM blows anything out of the water I have ever put on my phone. Great work.

SirLeto

Jun 4, 2011
Not sure if this is a bug, this one spot on the default live wallpaper keeps flickering.

AproSamurai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 4, 2010
Van Nuys, CA
github.com
Not sure if this is a bug, this one spot on the default live wallpaper keeps flickering.

I've seen it happen on my Kindle Fire so I don't think it really is a device specific issue but it could be, not too much of a big deal but I get where your concern is branched from.

I get this also. I also notice that the screen flashes green for a second right after I hit the wake screen button. Does anyone else have this?

You're running a third party (not supported by the CM team) kernel, which allows Voodoo Color to be used, go and download and get Voodoo Control and mess with the settings to fit you and at a certain level the green will stop appearing once your phone is awoken, that's an overall voodoo color thing however, not supported within the stock kernel.

I am really loving this ROM. Everything is working except the audio problems with the phone. What surprises me is that the audio problem has been around since CM7. Because this is a phone and not a tablet, I would have thought that the phone issues would have been addressed first. I guess there's a good reason why it wasn't. I trust the Devs.

Sent from my SPH D700 using XDA App
Cyanogen Mod 9.1 ShadowKernel. I like my Ice Cream!

Ragnar

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 11, 2011
Valhalla
First time ever for me. And it seems to be related to the soft keyboard vanishing when sliding the hard keyboard. Rotates fine otherwise. Everything is fine, I open the slider to type my text or whatever, close the slider, and its stuck in landscape. The only way to unstick it is to click home (I have Zeam launcher set to NOT rotate, so it forces it back to portrait). Once I do that, it rotates fine for me again...

If you shut down auto rotation in the system settings it won't lock up at all and will work perfectly with physical keyboard.

Yeah, not sure what could be causing it when it works perfectly in any other rom. I even confirmed the accelerometer works, so not sure where to go from here without working with someone or having someone else figure it out.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

I just flashed a third Epic onto CM9 and it auto rotates perfect. Made me even more upset with mine. Just want to bang it a couple of times against the wall.

Sent from my MTD Powered Epic 4G SGS using XDA premium

SpicyBurrito

Dec 10, 2010
I'd like to try out the EL30 modem. Do you still have to ODIN back to the EC05 and patch it from there? Or did they release a flashable EL30 modem tar yet?
For EL30 and EI22 modems, you have to flash them through CWM.
http://epiccm.blogspot.com/2012/01/cwm-modem-upgrades-ec05-to-ei22-or-el30.html

Just follow the instructions. Just flash the "special BML CWM", ignore the errors when it comes back and then flash whatever modem update you want.

Reactions: ErantyInt

LakersEB

Apr 23, 2008
I just flashed a third Epic onto CM9 and it auto rotates perfect. Made me even more upset with mine. Just want to bang it a couple of times against the wall.

Sent from my MTD Powered Epic 4G SGS using XDA premium

Yeah, I hear ya. Initially I was talking with a dev in the #epic irc and they said it was a bug early on, but it should have been fixed and not been an issue now. That's what led me to odin to stock and go through the process again, but no luck and then that dev was no longer in irc and everyone there started asking me to check the boxes again, etc... I've just gotten tired of hearing the same suggestions over and over again, someone with the issue needs to work with someone who can help.

Maybe if we keep talking back and forth a dev will notice.

Last edited:

SirLeto

Jun 4, 2011
I get this also. I also notice that the screen flashes green for a second right after I hit the wake screen button. Does anyone else have this?

I don't seem to have that issue. Do you have flickering problems when you use the youtube app or watch videos using the gallery?

Sent from my CM9 Epic

mikeblock

Dec 29, 2011
Orlando
Ok, I was wrong. No rotation at all. Sliding the kb puts it in landscape, pushing the home key gets Zeam to force it back. And its not a select this, deselect that issue. I have been everywhere in this ROM playing with things. I love it, but I think Ill wait until the next release. ;)

cgarcia200

Dec 27, 2010
I don't seem to have that issue. Do you have flickering problems when you use the youtube app or watch videos using the gallery?

Sent from my CM9 Epic

This was happening to me when I was running a third part kernal I reflashed the rom over without wiping anything to get the original kernal. And now videos work fine no flicking videos. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

mikeblock

Dec 29, 2011
Orlando
Also, in case no one else noticed this, battery light is blue for charging, and off for fully charged. Working normally when powered off.

SirLeto

Jun 4, 2011
This was happening to me when I was running a third part kernal I reflashed the rom over without wiping anything to get the original kernal. And now videos work fine no flicking videos. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
I'm using an unmodified kernel

Sent from my CM9 Epic

Giftedx29

Dec 26, 2010
just found something missing today im not sure if its an ics thing or cm thing but your no longer able to share contact info thru mms only by email. gb ,froyo you were able to so i dont know what to make of it, could anyone confirm?

StoneRyno

Oct 29, 2011
For guys with auto rotation issue...make sure its turned on everywhere, then make sure the rotation toggle is in the status bar. If it is, then toggle it. Should start working.

Unfortunately this doesn't appear to do anything for me. Using the toggle doesn't even rotate the screen one way or the other. It stays stuck in which ever mode it is stuck in. The only thing I've been able to do is slide out KB to get it into landscape and turn back to portrait and let the screen lock and then unlock again so that it is in portrait. And it works normally sometimes but it gets stuck more than works normal. I don't even know if there is anything we can do to provide practical device data to sort it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beta 0 has been released. This thread is now deprecated. Please see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1536238

CM9 alpha5: Android 4.0.3 for Samsung Epic 4G
    The Epic CM team is proud to announce the release of CyanogenMod 9 alpha 5 for Sprint's Samsung Epic 4G.
    This is VERY NEW so please read these pages carefully before you proceed with testing.

BUG REPORTS:
    Please check if your bug is already known in the Epic CM Issue Tracker.

Do not report bugs if it has anything to do with:

• Non-standard CM9 kernels
    • Voicemail - already several solutions for that problem.
    • Already listed on the CM9 Status page

CM9 Status
    CM9 alpha5 Release Notes and Changelog

If you appreciate our work, please consider supporting the Epic CM team.

Circle us on Google+!
    [reserved]

From the Epic CM G+ Stream:

2012-02-20-230953.png

IMG_20120217_111458.jpg

IMG_20120217_111600.jpg

IMG_20120217_111620.jpg

Thank you!
    To the devs, I'd like to thank you for all the work you've done on CM9 so far. As far as testing this, the only issue I've had so far is just the battery. It's really weird when using a extended life battery(1800mah) and not getting much usage as the 1500mah battery. But using Rom Toolbox and adjusting the settings, I've managed to pull 10hrs at 71% with light to moderate use. I'm sure that whenever you guys do get all the bugs worked out, it's gonna be a really great rom. Everything is running pretty good for me...though I don't use all the apps that others are using. I do, however, get 4g usage while there is no 4g in the state of Oklahoma at this time. Used it in a store where 3G and phone call didn't work because of signal loses.

As for the donation part...being on a fixed income has its' drawbacks especially when there are more bills to be paid than your income allows. I for one, believe that donations for your achievements are well earned. Thanks guys for taking the time to bring us ICS.

Don't ever feel obligated to donate. That's not the intention.

It's an option for those that like to show gratitude by letting money talk.

Personally, I've always though of a thanks as more than adequate for doing something that we actually enjoy doing.

So thank you.
    How to and review video will be up tonight!