Remove The Unlocked Bootloader Boot logo

Search This thread

ZaYAC-ua

Jan 21, 2010
Dneprodzerzhinsk
Created its logo download.
Installation:
1. Extract the entire contents of the zip file.
2. If you are using Windows, ensure you have installed the latest Motorola USB drivers available for your phone.
3. Ensure your device has been rooted and you have a working installation of “su”.
4. Ensure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your device.
5. Navigate to the extracted directory and execute “run.bat”.

Attachments

• ZaYAC_Logo.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 233
  • ZaYAC_logo.jpg
    ZaYAC_logo.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 1,227

fredsky2

Jan 25, 2012
i just cannot download from the OP's site, its like 1,6kbps and then fails.. Why not attach it here on xda?

teddyearp

Jul 27, 2009
ted.servepics.com
Hehe, gotta love this about a Motorola phone. We can change that initial bootlogo. Found one that has the "Parental Advisory" image.

Unlocked bootloader on a consumer edition (Whew!). And just like jimmy's/P3Droid's instructions said, I issued these commands (of course you have USB Debugging enabled, right? That is elemental):

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash logo {name of your .img file here}
fastboot reboot

BAMM! there it was. . .

Worked like a charm for me.

So obviously you must have a XT907 with an unlocked bootloader, otherwise, no go.

good luck

yujikaido79

Oct 15, 2007
Hong Kong
I noticed when I used safestrap to load rage rom for my razr M it changed my boot loader image, I was able to flash mine back to the motorola one with a locked boot loader. :confused:

ezknives

Jul 21, 2013
Can this be done on the device as I have no access to a PC?

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

Dec 31, 2010
I am so confused!! What do you use to flash the img?

I've used the DROID_RAZR_M_Utility1.10 to unlock the bootloader. Now I want to remove the horrifying nag screen! What do I use to flash the image? I tried using the fastboot.exe file in a cmd window but it says it doesn't recognize any command. I'm sure it's something obvious, but what am I doing wrong?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

ezknives

Jul 21, 2013
I've used the DROID_RAZR_M_Utility1.10 to unlock the bootloader. Now I want to remove the horrifying nag screen! What do I use to flash the image? I tried using the fastboot.exe file in a cmd window but it says it doesn't recognize any command. I'm sure it's something obvious, but what am I doing wrong?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Check out this thread it has all that you need.

We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, I unlocked my Razr M and then found I was stuck with the ugly nag screen. So I set about to fix that. It turns our the fix is extremely simple and not very creative.

The original Logo.bin is actually a 1.7 MB file which is two images in one file. When you are locked the device reads the top portion of the image only and thus the M is shown, when you unlock the device it selects the bottom image in place of the M thus displaying the nag screen.

The solution is very simple. Create your own image or use the stock one provided below.

The image needs to be 540 x 540 and in linux (gimp) save your image as a raw file and that is all you need to do. When finished with your image just flash to your device using the following command

fastboot flash logo (logoname.img)

File can be downloaded here ----> http://aosp.us/?p=260

That is all you need and you are all done.
    Created its logo download.
    Installation:
    1. Extract the entire contents of the zip file.
    2. If you are using Windows, ensure you have installed the latest Motorola USB drivers available for your phone.
    3. Ensure your device has been rooted and you have a working installation of “su”.
    4. Ensure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your device.
    5. Navigate to the extracted directory and execute “run.bat”.
    photoshop has built-in support for the .raw image extension, but gimp doesn't. how do you export an image with .raw extension in gimp then?

You need to save by extension, see below.
    You need to save by extension, see below.

awesome thanks! i updated my boot logo creation thread with this info here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1566773

so it's not necessary to use channel mixer to switch reds and blues for razr m logos?
    Some moar bootloader logos, 10 pcs :cowboy:

View attachment RAZR_M_logo.zip
    logo.jpg