ps000000

Sep 17, 2011
Nonthaburi / Bangkok
I can flash many CM10x base rom without mobile signal problem
(by downgrade to 532/257 b4 flash)

But with 2 of unofficial CM11 I lose my mobile signal or
I doing something wrong ?

stretchwookie

i would like to confirm that download option 3 worked perfectly for me. there are a couple difference between bigxie's situation and mine. But i assumed since the principles were the same that id should work anyway

i was on pac rom 4.3, not cm10

i only had 1 zero for imei, not 14-15.

i hope this helps others that think it may not work for them.

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
New easy method in OP :)

Downgrade path 1 (easy):
  1. Charge phone
  2. Download latest version of flashtool (link below)
  3. Download needed files
    • Download a suitable Sony firmware for your model from the ftf thread [see below] - .532 or .526 should work
    • Download a suitable Sony firmware for your model from the ftf thread [see below] - Needs to be .257
    • It may pay to come from a stock .290 so download that as well
  4. Flashing
    • Flash .290 all defaults if not coming from stock - just to be safe
    • Flash .257 Untick Cache, Data and Apslog in the top [BOX]; Exclude system in the second [BOX];
    • Flash .526 Leave Cache, Data and Apslog ticked] in the top [BOX]; Exclude everything except kernel and system in the second [BOX];
  5. Reboot

Reactions: Alx31

78triton

May 23, 2011
Taunton, ma
Cant flash and roms other than stock

I lost my imei number so i used flashtool and flashed.290 then rooted and install recovery again but now i can flash any roms i keep getting an error
assert failed: Getprop ( "ro.product.device") = = "c6806" then a few more like that with different models at the ened then says e:erroe executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard what can i do to flash pacman rom or cos. IT will only flash stock roms

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
I lost my imei number so i used flashtool and flashed.290 then rooted and install recovery again but now i can flash any roms i keep getting an error
assert failed: Getprop ( "ro.product.device") = = "c6806" then a few more like that with different models at the ened then says e:erroe executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard what can i do to flash pacman rom or cos. IT will only flash stock roms

if you are flashing any of the custom roms (pac/CM/etc) the easiest way is to start with a .290 base the flash the boot.ing that is in the zipfile for the ROM either with flashtool or fastboot

• Open archive with 7zip etc
  • only extract boot.img
  • copy boot.img to flashtool_dir/firmware/ (passably changing the name to reflect the rom it is from if you are likely to try many)
  • boot phone into fastboot mode (volume up while connecting to PC)
  • use flashtool (or quickimg) to flash boot.img via fastboot>select kernel to flash

boloksbongas

Jan 3, 2014
if you are flashing any of the custom roms (pac/CM/etc) the easiest way is to start with a .290 base the flash the boot.ing that is in the zipfile for the ROM either with flashtool or fastboot

• only extract boot.img
  • copy boot.img to flashtool_dir/firmware/ (passably changing the name to reflect the rom it is from if you are likely to try many)
  • use flashtool (or quickimg) to flash boot.img via fastboot>select kernel to flash

Thanks will try this. Lost mine too not too long ago.

78triton

May 23, 2011
Taunton, ma

• only extract boot.img

That seems like the hard way to do it is the no way to just flash the zip. Its weird i can flash 4.4 roms but not 4.3 unless they are stock roms
doesnt that seem odd

r351574nc3

Aug 1, 2013
Can't get to Flashmode

I've been trying to use flashtool to flash the 290 ftf, but I can't. All I can do is flash the system.sin and userdata.sin in fastboot mode. I can't get to flashmode. When I plugin my usb cord and hold the Volume Down button, the LED just flashes from green to red and then turns off. The Flashtool acts like it got into flashmode, but then halts. It never gets passed 0%. It looks like I can't get into flashmode. I've tried everything. Any ideas?

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Yes the LED out in flash mode.
Can you post the output from flashtool when trying yo flash the ftf. Have you tried another ftf?

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk

alberto888zz

Mar 29, 2007
Roma
When I tried the first solution it did not work.

The second solution worked for me. However, I did wipe data or else cm10.2 won't boot.

1. Be on 290 with UL bootoader.
2. Flash boot.img from cm10.2
3. Enter recovery and factory reset.
4. flash cm10.2 and gapps.
5. Boot in to cm10.2 and ignore initial setup process. Just skip skip skip.
6. When in home screen, open phone and dial *#06#. If you see IMEI lots of zeros, your OK.
7. Now turn off phone and ftf .257 but exclude system and kernel. Uncheck wipe data.
8. Profit.

Still 0s IMEI after this guide and cm10.2-togari :confused:

Last edited:

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
[NUT] not yet! It 's the second very long post?

Yes with 4.3 or 4.4.2 stock i have IMEI, and also with cm11-nightly!

[NUT] made the FTF that is in Downgrade path 1 in the first post
Downgrade path 1 (very easy):
Download needed files
Download C6833_14.1.B.1.532_NUT.ftf
Flashing using flashtool
Flash EVERYTHING in the above ftf by @[NUT]
Reboot

Flash EVERYTHING in this ftf, (use the defaults) it will do the downgrade below so you will end up on .532 with a working IMEI ready to root with bin4ry's tool
http://xdaforums.com/devd...ct/dl/?id=3442
You will end up with a device that thinks it is a C6833 but when you flash 4.3 or newer (.290 or .136) just use the one for your real model and the model number will be restored.

It is quick and simple then just flash the newest 4.2 FTF if you want to use CM 10.2. If you are happy with CM 11 just stay as you are

Reactions: alberto888zz

alberto888zz

Mar 29, 2007
Roma
[NUT] made the FTF that is in Downgrade path 1 in the first post

It is quick and simple then just flash the newest 4.2 FTF if you want to use CM 10.2. If you are happy with CM 11 just stay as you are

I have flashed back 4.4.2 stock, then C6833_14.1.B.1.532_NUT.ftf and now IMEI it's ok also with cm10.2

Thanks! :victory:

Justin^Tan

Jul 14, 2010
i downgrade using NUT ftf. and i'm in .532 now. i want to root using binary but i cant seem to root it
what method should i pick?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a guide has two functions:
    1. Downgrading firmware to be able to root using Bin4ry's "Root MANY ANDROID" tool or [NUT]'s XZDualRecovery Installer
    2. Restoring your imei if you downgrade from 4.3 or 4.4 to a 4.2 based ROM or FTF (Sony FTF or custom ROM)

Symptoms of lost imei are non working cell reception, no data and the like. If you go to "settings / about phone / status" you will see that the imei is either 0 or many 0's. This happens becuase of imcompatable baseband/kernel.

Prerequisite Steps:
    1. Make sure you have a working backup of your data.
    2. Charge phone
    3. Download latest version of flashtool (link below)

Lost your IMEI
    Follow these steps first:
    Re-install the firmware that you came from and make sure IMEI is ok or come from a clean Stock Sony 4.3:
    • Come from a stock .290 or .136 so download that for your phone model if needed
    • Flash .290 or .136 all defaults if not coming from stock
    Then follow the Downgrade path below, you can then flash any firmware or ROM before 14.2.A.0.290 / 4.3 without issue.
    If you want to latter run a 4.3 or 4.4 based ROM you will have to flash atleast a 4.3 FTF so 14.2.A.0.290 or 14.2.A.1.136

Downgrade to gain root
    Follow one of the Downgrade paths below to end up with a 14.1.B.1.532 firmware that is rootable while keeping your imei # intact and working cell/data

Downgrade path 1 (very easy):
    1. Download needed files
    2. Flashing using flashtool
      • Flash EVERYTHING in the above ftf by @[NUT]
    3. Reboot

Flash EVERYTHING in this ftf, (use the defaults) it will do the downgrade below so you will end up on .532 with a working IMEI ready to root with bin4ry's tool
    http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=3442
    You will end up with a device that thinks it is a C6833 but when you flash 4.3 or newer (.290 or .136) just use the one for your real model and the model number will be restored.

Downgrade path 2 (easy):
    1. Download needed files
      • Download a suitable Sony firmware for your model from the ftf thread [see below] - .532
      • Download a suitable Sony firmware for your model from the ftf thread [see below] - Needs to be .257
      • It may pay to come from a stock .290 so download that as well
    2. Flashing
      • Flash .290 all defaults if not coming from stock - just to be safe
      • Flash .257 Untick Cache, Data and Apslog in the top [BOX]; Exclude system in the second [BOX];
      • Flash .532 Leave Cache, Data and Apslog ticked] in the top [BOX]; Exclude everything except kernel and system in the second [BOX];
    3. Reboot

Keeping Data
    You can untick the data wipe in both of the downgrade paths above if you want to keep user data, but may make it unstable. If you do decide to keep the data partition then wipe dalvik-cache to prevent bootloops and FC's

Thanks to:
    @[NUT] for new downgrade method and the one step FTF

and these people for the old version of this:
    @cgomezparra for the first fix (now below)
    @reborn for first posting/documenting the issue
    @abuihsan for second method: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48585720&postcount=6
    @no name for #4 http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49161954&postcount=35
    @krabappel2548 for the Flashtool guide
    @Androxyde for Flashtool
    others that have tested this

Original thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2575359

Links:
    FTF files: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2453921
    Flashtool: http://www.flashtool.net/download.php

Flashtool Guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2428319
    More on Flashtool: http://developer.sonymobile.com/services/flash-tool/
    Z-Ultra device files: https://mega.co.nz/#!nQ4GQJpC!UMe9mFfpwzcQ48VSv00cIy3J9nFlzS38UC_iCuXA-3U

Please post any corrections etc
    mb repeat, just in case

You can try this method from 4pda:

1. Flash 14.1.B.2.257 from Flashtool with following parameters:
    Wipe:
    APPSLOG - checked
    CHACHE - checked
    DATA - unchecked

Exclude:
    KERNEL - checked
    SYSTEM - checked
    Others - unchecked

2. Power on the phone (it will not boot) and power off with holding Volume up + Power

3. Flash 14.1.B.2.257 from Flashtool with following parameters:

Wipe:
    APPSLOG - unchecked
    CHACHE - unchecked
    DATA - unchecked

Exclude:
    KERNEL - unchecked
    SYSTEM - unchecked
    Others - checked

4. Repeat step 2

5. Flash 14.1.B.2.257 from Flashtool with default settings

© original post (via google.translate)
    When I tried the first solution it did not work.

The second solution worked for me. However, I did wipe data or else cm10.2 won't boot.

1. Be on 290 with UL bootoader.
    2. Flash boot.img from cm10.2
    3. Enter recovery and factory reset.
    4. flash cm10.2 and gapps.
    5. Boot in to cm10.2 and ignore initial setup process. Just skip skip skip.
    6. When in home screen, open phone and dial *#06#. If you see IMEI lots of zeros, your OK.
    7. Now turn off phone and ftf .257 but exclude system and kernel. Uncheck wipe data.
    8. Profit.

Wipe data for me was crucial as if I didn't I couldn't boot in to cm.

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using Tapatalk 4
    Some says it does. Didn't for me thou.

Didn't here either.

This is a very annoying bug that has been introduced.
    When I have a working nanodroid backup from 4.2.2 can I restore it with out lost imei ?

Some says it does. Didn't for me thou.