Change Dialer

Search This thread

nebulah

Jun 27, 2012
The Google Dialer IMO is a mess - not intuitive, cannot edit a contact from call log, long press does nothing, can't delete individual calls and I don't use the local search...
The only thing I miss about my Samsung is the dialer and their awesome swipe left to text swipe right to call feature.

So is there anyway to change the dialer to a better one? or incorporate the swipe to call/text feature?

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Loads of dialers on play store

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

clavicle

Sep 16, 2009
Simla
OnePlus 8
Nothing Phone 1
The Google Dialer IMO is a mess - not intuitive, cannot edit a contact from call log, long press does nothing, can't delete individual calls and I don't use the local search...
The only thing I miss about my Samsung is the dialer and their awesome swipe left to text swipe right to call feature.

So is there anyway to change the dialer to a better one? or incorporate the swipe to call/text feature?

Try exdialer, it incorporates all the swipe features.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: nebulah

unroot_

Jan 10, 2014
I actually have the same problem. Is it possible to revert to the Jelly Bean AOSP dialer (and contacts)?

nebulah

Jun 27, 2012
I completely forgot about dialers on the play store.

A themed exDialer is now my default app. It looks a little better than Dialer One though both solve my issues.

Much thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

HenryDCase

May 17, 2012
Eastern Iowa
The Google Dialer IMO is a mess - not intuitive, cannot edit a contact from call log, long press does nothing, can't delete individual calld

1. Tap the contact picture or icon and it will pop-up the individual contact card. From there you can edit the contact or use the other contact methods.

3. Tap on any entry on the call log and it will open a details page for that call. The menu button will appear and you have the option to delete that individual call from the log.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Google Dialer IMO is a mess - not intuitive, cannot edit a contact from call log, long press does nothing, can't delete individual calld

1. Tap the contact picture or icon and it will pop-up the individual contact card. From there you can edit the contact or use the other contact methods.

3. Tap on any entry on the call log and it will open a details page for that call. The menu button will appear and you have the option to delete that individual call from the log.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Try exdialer, it incorporates all the swipe features.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk