[RECOVERY][July25] TWRP 2.7.0.0 Touch Recovery

Search This thread

HardLight

Nov 26, 2012
teamwin-logo.png

TWRP 2.7

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project 2.7, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Screenshots:

Phone look:

AgsV.png
WujW.png

Tablet look:

eIDZ.png

fYob.png

What's new in 2.7.0.0:

• Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
  • Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
  • Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
  • Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
  • Text wrap in the console output
  • Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
  • Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
  • Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
  • Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions
  • Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
  • Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
  • Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
  • Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
  • USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
  • Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
  • Add 4.4 decrypt support
  • Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
  • Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes

Note: 2.7 marks the first time that we are dropping support for older devices. We are doing this because of the SELinux support needed to install 4.4 Kit Kat ROMs. The non-TWRP parts of the recovery image have to be built in at least a 4.1 tree and the kernel that is included in the recovery image has to support writing SELinux contexts. We don't own most of the devices that we support so we depend on outside testers and developers to help us update devices. In many cases we can't find someone readily. Come to #twrp on Freenode if you want to help bring your device up to date. You can tell right away if your device will support 4.4 ROMs in 2.7. Boot TWRP and press the console button (the square-ish button either in the bottom middle or upper right) to view the console output. If it doesn't say "Full SELinux support" in the console, then your device still needs some work. Help us help you.

Changelog for LG P500:

• SELinux functions support
  • Android 4.4.2 support
  • USB Mass Storage mounting
  • Display brightness and timeout settings working
  • TLS support
  • Swap /system and /userdata

Installation:
Flash the ZIP file in your existing recovery to install TWRP.

Credits:
  • AndroidMeda
  • TeamWin
Source Code:
Github

Attachments

• twrp-2.7.0.0-20140311-p500.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 1,750
  • twrp-2.7.0.0-20140406-p500.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 994
  • twrp-2.7.0.0-20140725-p500.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 6,678
Last edited:

james.faction

Jan 20, 2014
Version for Odin?

Can't install Goo manager on this old phone because the stock ROM is too old. Froyo! And there is no newer software available! :eek:

ibub

Oct 22, 2012
Louisville,Ky
Version for Odin?

Can't install Goo manager on this old phone because the stock ROM is too old. Froyo! And there is no newer software available! :eek:

I have never used Odin on an LG device. As I understand it's widely used by Samsung owners. But there are other methods that I am familiar with. If you are able to access fastboot mode on your rooted LG P500 device, you could extract the zip, and use AndroidFlashRecovery:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1827723
to flash recovery.img. Also there is a simple installation script that I use in terminal emulator:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7baf5u85iah4fa0/rec.zip
Download and extract the zip into the root of your sdcard so that the path is /sdcard/rec. Copy desired recovery.img to the rec directory, overwriting the one that is already there. DO NOT RENAME RECOVERY.IMG. Install a terminal emulator from play.and start it. Type "su" (without quotes) and enter. Superuser prompt should appear. select allow. now type "sh /sdcard/rec/rec.sh" (without quotes) and enter. Phone will reboot into your new recovery.
:D

Last edited:
Reactions: HardLight

need4steer

Mar 5, 2013
Error executing updater binary in zip '/data/OldBBBFix_signed.zip'

I'm getting "Error executing updater binary in zip '/data/OldBBBFix_signed.zip'"
The OldBBBFix_signed.zip file is a flashable file which allows to flash an old baseband.
As you can see I try to install it from /data/
It won't work in this way or with sideload.

If I remember correct it wen't pretty well on ClockworkMod when the zip was on sd-card.
But now I need TWRP since I don't have sd-card and CWM allows to flash only from sd-card...

Any suggestions?

Edit: never mind. I just found this:
OLD UPDATE-BINARY (error executing updater binary in ZIP)
P500 is fairly old device, so it is quite possible that some ROMs use old update-binary in their ZIP files, which is not compatible with TWRP. This is not a bug, rather a design feature - TWRP simply does not use such old parts anymore.
You can fix the ZIP by yourself. Download correct update-binary and put it to folder META-INF/com/google/android/ in the ZIP file. You should see previous update-binary in there, just overwrite it.
The binary affects only the ZIP file, nothing else - it is used only to install the contents of the ZIP file.
Sorry for posting before doing a thorough research.

@HardLight, I really think you should edit the first post with this information.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaibar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamwin-logo.png

TWRP 2.7

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project 2.7, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Screenshots:

Phone look:

AgsV.png
    WujW.png

Tablet look:

eIDZ.png

fYob.png

What's new in 2.7.0.0:

• Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
    • Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
    • Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
    • Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
    • Text wrap in the console output
    • Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
    • Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
    • Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
    • Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions
    • Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
    • Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
    • Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
    • Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
    • USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
    • Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
    • Add 4.4 decrypt support
    • Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
    • Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes

Note: 2.7 marks the first time that we are dropping support for older devices. We are doing this because of the SELinux support needed to install 4.4 Kit Kat ROMs. The non-TWRP parts of the recovery image have to be built in at least a 4.1 tree and the kernel that is included in the recovery image has to support writing SELinux contexts. We don't own most of the devices that we support so we depend on outside testers and developers to help us update devices. In many cases we can't find someone readily. Come to #twrp on Freenode if you want to help bring your device up to date. You can tell right away if your device will support 4.4 ROMs in 2.7. Boot TWRP and press the console button (the square-ish button either in the bottom middle or upper right) to view the console output. If it doesn't say "Full SELinux support" in the console, then your device still needs some work. Help us help you.

Changelog for LG P500:

• SELinux functions support
    • Android 4.4.2 support
    • USB Mass Storage mounting
    • Display brightness and timeout settings working
    • TLS support

Installation:
    Flash the ZIP file in your existing recovery to install TWRP.

Credits:
    • AndroidMeda
    • TeamWin
    Source Code:
    Github
    TWRP 2.7 July25

New version compatible with latest jenkins builds is out.

Changelog:
    • TLS support
    Will i be able to backup/restore SD-ext2 (link2sd) partition?

I can use to backup/restore SD-ext4
    thanks bro for 2.7.0.0.
    Version for Odin?

I have never used Odin on an LG device. As I understand it's widely used by Samsung owners. But there are other methods that I am familiar with. If you are able to access fastboot mode on your rooted LG P500 device, you could extract the zip, and use AndroidFlashRecovery:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1827723
    to flash recovery.img. Also there is a simple installation script that I use in terminal emulator:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/7baf5u85iah4fa0/rec.zip
    Download and extract the zip into the root of your sdcard so that the path is /sdcard/rec. Copy desired recovery.img to the rec directory, overwriting the one that is already there. DO NOT RENAME RECOVERY.IMG. Install a terminal emulator from play.and start it. Type "su" (without quotes) and enter. Superuser prompt should appear. select allow. now type "sh /sdcard/rec/rec.sh" (without quotes) and enter. Phone will reboot into your new recovery.
    :D