[rom][t217s][stock][nb8][mh9]

Search This thread

tones160

May 23, 2013
Connecticut
Hey guys,

Please find the 2 latest firmware for the galaxy Tab 3 SM-T217S for Sprint.

Flash through Odin 3.09 ONLY. It ill stay on boot for atleast 5 to 10mins [Be Patient]

Not responsible if you brick your phone because you don't know what you were doing.

Not taking credit for this since it's pretty easy to do and I did not see a thread related to this :cool:

If you happen to mess up your wifi capability, this firmware will also fix it so you won't have to take it back to your nearby store <-- I am a living proof :)

Firmware: NB8

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407579787

Older Firmware: MH9

http://terafile.co/5769d2933392

NOTE: Links were taken from very secure websites as I did not feel like paying for unlimited traffic :). I got both of my firmwares from the links above.

Last edited:

joshuaerda

Jul 20, 2009
Hey guys,

Flash through Odin 3.09 [Version i used].

Not responsible if you brick your phone because you don't know what you were doing.

Not taking credit for this since it's pretty easy to do and I did not see a thread related to this :cool:

If you happen to mess up your wifi capability, this firmware will also fix it so you won't have to take it back to your nearby store <-- I am a living proof :)

broken link

note: Sorry guys the link was suspended xD uploading through another website now.

When trying to flash this through ODIN, it gets here then fails:

<ID:0/008> recovery.img
<ID:0/008> system.img.ext4
<ID:0/008> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Any thoughts?

tones160

May 23, 2013
Connecticut
I'm pretty sure you got a bad download. My link was broken due to high traffic so you probably didn't get the full file. I updated the link for the B8 you should be good. It takes forever just to upload 2GB onto a public uploading site lol. :D

Sorry about that bro.

When trying to flash this through ODIN, it gets here then fails:

<ID:0/008> recovery.img
<ID:0/008> system.img.ext4
<ID:0/008> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Any thoughts?

joshuaerda

Jul 20, 2009
Thanks for the reply, it looks like it was actually my computer. I had to flash it through Heimdall instead of Odin through a VM. So I'm good to go, thanks for the link!

Reactions: tones160

Trialsoul

Oct 13, 2012
So this the latest rom, kit Kat? This is not rooted though, I correct?

Sent from my SM-T217S using xda app-developers app

Trialsoul

Oct 13, 2012
I thought i would see more customized Roms for the T217S but i guess i'm gonna have to start making one lol. Mijjaj retired and i got like no time! Stay tune folks gimme about a week. Got a very very busy life so no guarantees!

Sweet, thanks.

Sent from my SM-T217S using xda app-developers app

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL
Hey guys,

Flash through Odin 3.09 [Version i used].

NOTE: Links were taken from very secure websites as I did not feel like paying for unlimited traffic :). I got both of my firmwares from the links above.

I have the firmwares since it first came out on my site as well.... and made STOCK ODEX NOT ROOTED roms... Im on firmware MH9.. when I flash my NB8 roms wifi isn't working,
You can confirm using ODIN and flashing the new firmware wifi works without issues.. that is my question... can you still root the NB8..
that is why I haven't done ODIN yet, on the NB8.

Reactions: rickrod66

tones160

May 23, 2013
Connecticut
I have the firmwares since it first came out on my site as well.... and made STOCK ODEX NOT ROOTED roms... Im on firmware MH9.. when I flash my NB8 roms wifi isn't working,
You can confirm using ODIN and flashing the new firmware wifi works without issues.. that is my question... can you still root the NB8..
that is why I haven't done ODIN yet, on the NB8.

Pretty neat dude. well yes, i can definitely confirm that i can still root my NB8. In fact i did but only 1 issue and it wasn't the wifi. My issue was the GPS was not being accurate so i reflashed the stock firmware. I updated OTA to NB8 not through ODIN so I'm uncertain why your wifi didn't work. The only time my wifi didn't work was when i tried flashing Mijjaj's custom ROM :rolleyes: and the only way to get it back was reflashing the stock firmware because not even my nand backup would fix it. Can you relate?

Reactions: mdiaz33685

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL
Pretty neat dude. well yes, i can definitely confirm that i can still root my NB8. In fact i did but only 1 issue and it wasn't the wifi. My issue was the GPS was not being accurate so i reflashed the stock firmware. I updated OTA to NB8 not through ODIN so I'm uncertain why your wifi didn't work. The only time my wifi didn't work was when i tried flashing Mijjaj's custom ROM :rolleyes: and the only way to get it back was reflashing the stock firmware because not even my nand backup would fix it. Can you relate?

thanks, I will update when my kids stop driving me crazy... :silly: I have to wait till at least one goes to sleep, then the other will calm down...

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

This is 4.4.2 kit Kat?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

no this is still 4.2.2 just a new update to fix some things they say..

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL
Just to let others know... if you have the new firmware NB8, my Stock Odex roms for NB8, wifi works just fine... :good:

afextwin

Jan 19, 2011
Raleigh, NC
www.ulbright.com
Is there a a rom with a working dialer? Or a way to make the dialer work on stock?
TIA

Edit: I'm looking to use thedevice with pageplus, ive successfully programmed the device, but I can only get 3g. Magicjack works but I wanta working cdma radio as well, for voice and text, not just data.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

Flash through Odin 3.09 ONLY. It ill stay on boot for atleast 5 to 10mins [Be Patient]

I thought i would see more customized Roms for the T217S but i guess i'm gonna have to start making one lol. Mijjaj retired and i got like no time! Stay tune folks gimme about a week. Got a very very busy life so no guarantees!
    I'm so sorry guys. I've been so busy working crazy hours and with a 3month baby and another one of 2yrs old it drains me lol. My rom is halfway there but haven't been able to get to a complete modification yet or even test it out. Sorryyy again for the long wait.
    Thanks for the reply, it looks like it was actually my computer. I had to flash it through Heimdall instead of Odin through a VM. So I'm good to go, thanks for the link!
    Can anyone share the NB8 firmware for the sprint t217s? Download is very slow on Samsung firmwares site
    Look here.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=11757

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk