[problem] Chevronwp7 crash

Search This thread

xardus

Jul 15, 2007
hey guys...i didnt find any other report about chevron's crashes...
i dont understand why!
all procedure is done...zune sdk tools and so on...when i start chevron and flag the 2 options instantly when press "unlock" the program crash...
i tryed to use all compatibility options and im admin on this account...im getting bored about this ehhehehe

cx1

Aug 14, 2007
Your pc's host file must NOT be read only. Chevron writes to it temporarily during the unlock. It will crash every time you click unlock if it is.

windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts

Last edited:
Reactions: Sakem
Aug 6, 2010
I had the same Problem on my Windows 7 Notebook. Though I am admin on the NB, I found I had to run the Program as Administrator for it to work. It seems that the Program doesn't like UAC....

xardus

Jul 15, 2007
my host file is not Read Only...any other idea? i dont know maybe some particular driver for phone or something else

Ventu89

May 25, 2010
Virus? Malware?

Scan your pc first.

Disable antivirus, antimalware (live protections like TEA TIMER (spybot s&d))...

hlvl

Jul 5, 2010
hey guys...i didnt find any other report about chevron's crashes...
i dont understand why!
all procedure is done...zune sdk tools and so on...when i start chevron and flag the 2 options instantly when press "unlock" the program crash...
i tryed to use all compatibility options and im admin on this account...im getting bored about this ehhehehe

Try reinstalling Windows :)

Bimboy

Dec 5, 2006
Had same problem with Chevron, and I had set write permission to the hosts file, reformatted SDHC card (that was working fine) with SD Formatter tool, re-flashed WP7 fresh.. to no avail.. until I went into WP7 "settings" app > "about" > "reset your phone".

Once I did this, I had no problem connecting to Zune, and Chevron. There must be a flag that gets set by the reset activity... Hope this solves your problem too!

hecatombercm

Jan 8, 2009
Eugene, OR
host rewritten

i have had no luck with any of the above suggesting, making sure the host was not set to read only did keep it from chevron from crashing but then the host file just gets rewritten again and unlocker wont communicate with phone

Jpso

Apr 19, 2008
Hello,

Try this,,,
After pairing your device with zutune,
Start All the zutune services
(If you are using an AV with a firewall, you should allow ChevronW7 pass through.)
Run ChevronW7.exe after then.

That works for me.
My system is W7_64x and AVG

peela.pavan

Feb 26, 2010
Bangalore
Hi Guys, I also had the same problem and this is how it worked for me.
Disable the VGA driver and then run zune and then the chevron program in Administrator mode. Hope that helps someone.... if it doesnt probably it can be a problem with your windows sys files or it can be antivirus or windows defender or other programs.....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Your pc's host file must NOT be read only. Chevron writes to it temporarily during the unlock. It will crash every time you click unlock if it is.

windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts